DLC problem

Shmeefly

Ok so i did my first run of the game, loved it and got 'no heals' 'no item box' and all collectibles out the way, then realised i have to grind kills and do 2 extra runs just to unlock Inferno, sooo i bought the 'All in game rewards' DLC to neutralize the grind but my game wont recognize the add on, or more to the point the DLC wont recognize the base game...

I know what the issue is, im in the UK and therefore i purchased the add on from my European Store, im also a collector of certain steelbooks and got a friend to send me the steelbook version from the USA, so my question is, WHY when games are multi region anyway, does this not just let me install the DLC? And if i call Sony tomorrow will they either refund me or redeem a European code for it?

Normally, games are multiregion, but this is not always the case.

However, DLC are region exclusive, if you got the game from the american store "for example" then you need to purchase all dlcs from the american store as well. The same applies to Europe, UK, Japan, ect..

Edited by BlackSnake1435

My USA copy is physical, i get that anything digital would be region based but i have the game installed, region based DLC or not it should recognize the base game is installed on my system at least, i would understand it not working if the base game was also digital from another region but a region free disc? Doesn't make sence to me, its not a big loss i know, but still

With the exception of some obscure Asian games, all PS4 games are region free but DLCs are region locked in 99% of cases so you only have yourself to blame for this situation. All you can do is either buy the game again from the region you live in or create another account in the region the game is from and rebuy the DLC - either way, you're going to have to buy something again.

To be fair it’s an easy mistake to make. Although the console is “region-free” the games are still localised, think of saving files in Windows/Mac OS...

Your North American game installation would be saving in a folder named “C: / GAMES / RE3_NA” but your DLC files/keys would be in a folder named “C: / GAMES / RE3_UK”.

Edited by Tsundokuist

4 hours ago, nolanexpress08 said:

I don't mean to be a jerk, but maybe you should do the runs legitimately. Instead of cheating your way through it. Makes it piss easy.

You do mean to be a jerk, personally im ok with spending $4 to neutralize 2 unwanted speedruns, i have already farmed the kills and got the coins and infinite rocket launcher, did it in 2h, it is easy, but i now need to do to 2 speedruns just to unlock a difficulty to do ANOTHER speedrun, paying to unlock that difficulty isnt 'cheating'... its 'time saving' its not like the game is impossible without this lol, so its hardly a cheat...

Speedruns just arent enjoyable, i have to skip all cutscenes, sprint through the game, why would you want to play that way unless your a YouTuber looking for likes, id rather do 3 'kill everything' runs and enjoy the game 3 times, its too short as is, i was planning on buying inferno, earning the plat in 2 less runs then playing another run enjoying the game as it should be played, but now i wont bother screw doing 4 runs, il take my $4 loss, do it 'legit' in your eyes and be thankful i learned this region crap over a $4 DLC and not a $20 one

• Like 3

Tough break but thankfully it was a cheap mistake. I myself have gotten time saver DLC's (Dead Space armor comes to mind) so totally understand where you are coming from. Only downside is devs like Ubisoft taking advantage and charging for things that used to be in the game purchased with in game money. I.E. collectibles maps. I don't mind them selling resources but come on man, give me back my maps, it's tedious googling them lol.

• Like 2