Rumor: Sony reportedly developing PS4 games

Dreakon139

Sony is developing games for its next-generation console, the PlayStation 4 (PS4), news portal Develop is reporting. However, the titles are said to be in the very early stages, according to a source close to the site.

This new rumor follows an earlier report confirming the existence of PS4 by Sony's own executive vice president and chief financial officer, although the firm did not officially announce the device.

Source: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-20123855-235/sony-reportedly-developing-ps4-games/?tag=txt;title

This flashed up on my Google tech news dealy, figured I'd post it up. Like someone said in the comments, I'd be surprised if they weren't considering the PS4 at this point... though I do wish the media would stop pushing so hard for the next-next-generation already. I just bought my PS3 a year ago lol.

It's still too fuckin' early. They don't need to compete with the WiiU.

They need to compete with the PC though, it's really getting to the point where PC games are looking a whole generation ahead.

I think 2013 would be a good time for a PS4 to appear.

PS2 was released November 2000, PS3 was released November 2006. It takes 2 years to go from idea to existing, so Sony should already be way into R&D for it.

B/C has always been important for me. However, Sony hasn't just started on developin' the PS4. They started that the day after the PS3 hit the market. Chip-sets take about the whole development lifecycle of the machine. Stating now that they are working of game development means that they have settled on what hardware/chip-set to use and they are in the Q&A troubleshooting stage.