Is rear-pad protection recommended?

acidkai_ak

Personally I don't have anything but a screen protector on both my Vita 1000 & 2000. I like the way both feel all natural, fits my hands better without a clunky plastic case or those weird rubber sleeve things I've seen for them. As long as you're careful an not just tossing your Vita around when you're not using it the back touch pad should be fine without protection. 

10 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Protection is always nice, but I like it raw. Feels better that way.

Out of context, I found this hilarious. ?

But yeah, thanks for the input guys.  I will not use the protection based on the feedback.  As long as I'm careful.  

10 hours ago, DjusPS said:

I havent had it for the last 10 years and it still functions the same from day one.
However This rear pad is so damn un-handy, one of the worse invention for an handled device.

Yeah the rear pad is just a pain in the butt. Who thought putting a touch pad where you hold the handheld was a good idea? If the game allows it I usually disable rear input 

I've had my Vita since 2013. It does have a few tiny scratches on the rear touchpad, not even sure how it got 'em, but it still works fine. I think. Haven't really tested it in about a year or so, but it was fine back then anyway and hasn't accumulated any new marks since then.

My main issue with it is it getting kinda sweaty or otherwise gross, have the same issue with my glossy 3DS consoles. I noticed it's worse in winter, I think it might actually be condensation or something, I have seen legit water droplets on it at times after holding it for mere seconds even when my hands are bone dry.

Might be worth getting protection if you want to keep it pristine and/or have gross hands like I do, but it should be fine otherwise.