Confirmed: You will not be able to change your PSN ID on the PS4

Humonic

If you don't like it. Buy an Xbox. I've been gaming since i was 8 i'm 38 now. If i didn't like a user name i picked i changed it or kept it. i Didn't whine about it. Besides as you say, when you are 12 you make mistakes. Most of my names i been using since i was 12. Only one i retired and that was back when i played Ultime Online and only reason i retired it cause every game after UO it would say already in use. So i came up with one that would last me awhile. 2 outta 4 of my user names are unique and when i play mmorpg's i can always create em. 

So yea anyway. I'm done with this. Didn't come on here to argue. Just add my 2 cents. If no one likes it. Buy an Xbox. So you can change your name every month. 

You're literally saying deal with it because you get what your given stop moaning... you do realize we're the consumers right, we dictate with our wallets how good or bad a company does, we have the right to complain about and point out obvious flaws, we don't 'get what we're given' or 'put up and shut up' when we pay for it.. we choose what we get and we get what we want, when we pay for it. When all of your competition offers you a service to change your name and you don't offer it, you're doing it wrong, Business is about providing the best product for the cheapest price. That's how you win, Sony not offering this isn't a game changer sure, but it's definitely wrong, I won't just go to xbox, when the playstation has the best exclusives imo and my friends are here.. it's not as simple as just jumping ship, your attitude is just detrimental to consumers anyway, they don't have to implement a name changing service, but they should.

But at least you'll be able to change your username

Sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too

I've said this already and I'll say it again.. Steam and XBL both offer a name changing service,  sonys competition offers a name changing service, it would make sense, especially when a lot of customers have asked for it, for sony to offer the service too, them not offering it means they're are doing it wrong. It's not like 10 people want a name change, a lot of people do.

Microsoft put it in to make more money. Plain and Simple. Greedy company is Greedy. Just look at the "Xbox Games for Gold" They give ya some mediocre 5+ yr old title and wanna be praised. lol. When 360 came out they trashed their original xbox server's quite fast. Another sign of Greedyness. Another division of Microsoft, windows team, what a joke. Put something out buggy as hell and instead of patches they put a new one out the following year and put the same price tag on it. Everyone knew it was just the same old windows though. 

It only works because there's demand for it.  They wouldn't make money off of it otherwise, no matter how greedy they are.  People want it.  If people want it, it's a big deal.  Microsoft noticed, and capitalized.  Sony hasn't and doesn't plan to.  Why is that a good thing for anyone?

Edited by Dreakon139

in all honesty if i had ppl changin their gamer names on my FL constantly or every other few weeks i'd end up deletin them, it would make me go insane if i was chattin over psn then a few months after the person had changed their gamername/avatar- how the fuck are u meant to keep up with one doin lettalone 99 gamers on ur friends list?! fuck that... this changin of the username is just a fad for ppl that rush into a username decision

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR
  • Like 2

I've said this already and I'll say it again.. Steam and XBL both offer a name changing service,  sonys competition offers a name changing service, it would make sense, especially when a lot of customers have asked for it, for sony to offer the service too, them not offering it means they're are doing it wrong.

No, it doesn't mean they are doing it wrong, it means they are doing it different. The way I see it, here are your options -

• Petition Sony directly (LOL Good luck with this option)
  • Make yourself a new profile and this time pick a name you will like LONG TERM. Consider the trophies you are sacrificing as the price you are paying for the service. At least you're saving cash doing it this way.
  • Get an X Box

There ya go, multiple solutions that all potentially fix your issue. You're welcome.

• Like 2

You're literally saying deal with it because you get what your given stop moaning...

you do realize we're the consumers right, we dictate with our wallets how good or bad a company does, we have the right to complain about and point out obvious flaws, we don't 'get what we're given' or 'put up and shut up' when we pay for it

u point out that as the consumer we get to choose... yet u chose an alias u now dont like? this is not sonys fault... this is urs

anyways what is ur gamer name? it cant be that lame... or as lame as mine, do u know how many ppl point out online that scorpion has an 'i' in it? thousands!... its not even meant to be scorpion either

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

That's all well and good, but it's nothing we know for certain.  And that doesn't explain why it isn't a "big deal".  There was enough demand for Microsoft to implement it, technical logistics aside.

That they planned well in advance that was always there. What I said was that introducing this into a massive existing system was totally infeasible.

And also, I kind of do know for certain, having worked in the gaming industry and having a degree in computer science from one of the best universities in the world, so yeah...

That they planned well in advance that was always there. What I said was that introducing this into a massive existing system was totally infeasible.

And also, I kind of do know for certain, having worked in the gaming industry and having a degree in computer science from one of the best universities in the world, so yeah...

Believe me, I'd absolutely love to just take your word for it. I'm sure you're a really smart guy, and worked really hard to get where you are. If you worked for Sony since the inception of the PSN infrastructure, just say so. If you haven't, then you're just taking educated guesses like the rest of us.

That said, if they can somehow work trophies and live game streaming into the PSN infrastructure, I find it hard to believe a name change is off limits. If that's just "the way it is" I'd call that infrastructure flawed and speaks something about the people building it... Not worth defending at the very least.

Edited by Dreakon139

No, it doesn't mean they are doing it wrong, it means they are doing it different. The way I see it, here are your options -

• Petition Sony directly (LOL Good luck with this option)
  • Make yourself a new profile and this time pick a name you will like LONG TERM. Consider the trophies you are sacrificing as the price you are paying for the service. At least you're saving cash doing it this way.
  • Get an X Box

There ya go, multiple solutions that all potentially fix your issue. You're welcome.

Yeah they're doing in differently... that's the part where they're doing it wrong..

I like my name I'm totally happy with it, this isn't about me though, it's about people now that don't like their names now and the people who won't like their names is years to come, Who knows me and you could be some of those people..

I've thought of all those before.. really what needs to happen is sony needs to get their shit together and sort it out, but they can't, they fucked themselves over a long time ago by building the whole username trophy system wrong so meh. Xbox? Thanks but no thanks. 

u point out that as the consumer we get to choose... yet u chose an alias u now dont like? this is not sonys fault... this is urs

anyways what is ur gamer name? it cant be that lame... or as lame as mine, do u know how many ppl point out online that scorpion has an 'i' in it? thousands!... its not even meant to be scorpion either

I can pick a name now, I have, mine is Humonic, but I don't know if I'll like it in 5 years, no one knows if they'll like they're name in 5 years, the option to change it is better then having no options at all and being stuck with it and I like your name lol it's cool, I really didn't even notice the typo until you pointed it out xD

Can't you use your 'real' name by linking with facebook? Simply creating a 'fake' facebook account would solve that 'issue', however they still haven't answered if your 'real name' will be showed in online games or only your friends list or maybe they even give you an option. 

Can't you use your 'real' name by linking with facebook? Simply creating a 'fake' facebook account would solve that 'issue', however they still haven't answered if your 'real name' will be showed in online games or only your friends list or maybe they even give you an option. 

lol everyone would be called Barrack Obama and The Batman, I'm sure you'd be called Ellen Page.. I think only your friends call see your full name ect o,O Who would even use that anyway? 

Yeah this is ridiculous in my opinion, they literally could have said, by the way now we're raising the price by $50 and we're delaying it by 2 months and I would have stuck with Sony.. but not allowing us to change our usernames is making me consider whether or not I actually want to stick with Sony for the next gen.

Yea i just had too. You keep saying you ain't leaving sony cause of friends, trophies, what not. Yet your first post you say you are considering. What can be done to make you not stick with Sony? Sony won't miss your money. 

is that ur actual psn name? then humonic is a cool name... a mix of humanoid and demonic i gather? i thought ur gamertag was gonna be hellokitty or somethin really awful but its not... thats a good username, if u did get to change it then u run the risk of losin it to someone else... its free of hyphons, numbers and x's too, goes with the manhunt2 avatar u have on here also... if it is manhunt2, sure that was the promo shot...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

lol everyone would be called Barrack Obama and The Batman, I'm sure you'd be called Ellen Page.. I think only your friends call see your full name ect o,O Who would even use that anyway? 

Man you make some big assumptions. You assume noone likes their PSN name. That you are "Fighting for everyone's Rights" No you didn't say it but the way you are coming off. Now you are assuming again, that everyone will change their name to Barrack Obama or Batman. Wow. Keep talking.... Seriously. 

Welcome to Steam? And you can't use well known people names on facebook as it is blocked and yes that includes Ellen Page <.< (I tried) . And no one knows if the full name thing is friends only or whatever I just wait for them to announce it or until console is released. 

edit - I do however have like 5 names already in case you can use it on public games.... or would even happily use even if friends only could see it.

Edited by DatLoli

Yea i just had too. You keep saying you ain't leaving sony cause of friends, trophies, what not. Yet your first post you say you are considering. What can be done to make you not stick with Sony? Sony won't miss your money. 

I never for a second thought sony gave a shit about me or my money, ofc they don't, but most people now are going to pc most of my friends also have a pc, so i was considering whether or not I should just go to PC, xbox was never in the question, I love everything about playstation, it would be fucking sweeeeeet though if they gave us the ability to change our names. People don't seem to understand that sony won't change your name at all, The Bolloxx is a fellow user here and he had over 60 plats and years or time and effort put into his account, someone deemed his name offensive and Sony banned him.. they wouldn't even change his name in that situation.. that's a little fucked up. 

Man you make some big assumptions. You assume noone likes their PSN name. That you are "Fighting for everyone's Rights" No you didn't say it but the way you are coming off. Now you are assuming again, that everyone will change their name to Barrack Obama or Batman. Wow. Keep talking.... Seriously. 

I was obviously being sarcastic... the guy I was talking too asked if we could make fake facebook accounts and use our fake 'real names' online as our ID.. so I said well if we could do that everyone would call themselves Barack Obama ect.. try reading the whole conversation next time,  holy fuck xD

Aww that is a bummer :-/ I have no desire to change my PSN ID for the moment but it is best to have an option in changing it then nothing. There is the option to use your name for the PS4 no? Still I don't feel like many gamers would want to use their real names and their PSN ID will still remain the same regardless. Hopefully maybe their won't be such a feature at launch but of course things can change. I know a few gamers myself who really want to change their ID and Humonic brings lots of great points in why we should have this option available.

Welcome to Steam? And you can't use well known people names on facebook as it is blocked and yes that includes Ellen Page <.< (I tried) . And no one knows if the full name thing is friends only or whatever I just wait for them to announce it or until console is released. 

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.. what if your name is actually Ellen Page o,O

Aww that is a bummer :-/ I have no desire to change my PSN ID for the moment but it is best to have an option in changing it then nothing. There is the option to use your name for the PS4 no? Still I don't feel like many gamers would want to use their real names and their PSN ID will still remain the same regardless. Hopefully maybe their won't be such a feature at launch but of course things can change. I know a few gamers myself who really want to change their ID and Humonic brings lots of great points in why we should have this option available.

I have no desire change mine, awesome name btw ;) but it's better to have that option just in case, then to not have the option at all, I can't believe people disagree with that xD no one's forcing them to change their names. 

I do think it'd be nice to have the option to change your PSN ID (even though I wouldn't change mine) but I don't think it is as big a deal as some are trying to make it. Didn't the Japanese PSN system allow users to give themselves a "nickname" that displayed instead of their actual PSN? If that is possible then I don't see why they couldn't make it worldwide or simply allow us to change our name for a small fee. 

Parker

talynn you're readin too much into it... the kid was jokin, you're takin it far too seriously and personally

I do think it'd be nice to have the option to change your PSN ID (even though I wouldn't change mine) but I don't think it is as big a deal as some are trying to make it. Didn't the Japanese PSN system allow users to give themselves a "nickname" that displayed instead of their actual PSN? If that is possible then I don't see why they couldn't make it worldwide or simply allow us to change our name for a small fee. 

Parker

ur pro is awesome btw... was just readin through it

Changing your name to Barrack Obama is not funny  :huh: Other than that, yes i know he was joking.

yes ur american, yes ur sensitive and understandably so especially when it comes to presidency figures etc but come on... someone runnin around as barrack online nailin gamers in gta5, cod, battlefield ect would be quite funny... especially if it was him lol

• Like 1