Any solutions for Team Player in 2021? [EU]

JohnCenaSong-

All my research leads to a VITA trick being the only way to play coop in this game.

I have however seen comments around the internet saying they don't have a VITA and can't do that, then looking at their profiles they've earned the trophy since posting, don't appear to have obtained a VITA, and haven't updated people on how? (maybe they borrowed one).

Is there any hope for us EU players?

Edited by JohnCenaSong-

I have recently earned this and I can confirm that there is an other solution for EU players.

If you host on a PS5 with the account you want the trophy on and then join with an other account on a PS4 you can get the trophy.

Still really annoying that you have to own a ps5 to play coop and get one simple trophy. ?

Edited by alanhoutman2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7.2.2021 at 5:31 AM, JohnCenaSong- said:

All my research leads to a VITA trick being the only way to play coop in this game.

I have however seen comments around the internet saying they don't have a VITA and can't do that, then looking at their profiles they've earned the trophy since posting, don't appear to have obtained a VITA, and haven't updated people on how? (maybe they borrowed one).

Is there any hope for us EU players?

We can try it maybe i got a vita where im playing the game right now. Maybe we can search each other at the same time and maybe it works. 

So i would get the trophy and also you. Or im i wrong ? ?

6 hours ago, Schrimpey said:

We can try it maybe i got a vita where im playing the game right now. Maybe we can search each other at the same time and maybe it works. 

So i would get the trophy and also you. Or im i wrong ? 1f605.png

From what I hear the VITA trick relates to being on the same network, so physically owning both a VITA/PS4 (or also works between PS4/PS5)

Thanks for reminding me I made this thread because I did find a workaround and should update this thread with the info.

Joining a friend from another region (in my case, a friend from NA) seemed to work. It doesn't connect right away and it looks like it's the same error at first but as long as you keep having your friend make a session and try to quick-join eventually you'll get in.

It's difficult to find someone to help, because NA players have no problem playing either local or online and thus won't really be looking for partners. I was fortunate enough to have a friend with the game who offered up the help.

My guess is the problem is EU server related? And since the game is technically online only (there's no local save files) that could explain why local coop doesn't work either, as it's still using EU matchmaking for the 2 local accounts. But by constantly trying to join an NA friend eventually it puts you into the NA servers I guess?

Not entirely sure what causes it or why, but this appears to at least be one extra alternative solution for EU players.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

From what I hear the VITA trick relates to being on the same network, so physically owning both a VITA/PS4 (or also works between PS4/PS5)

Thanks for reminding me I made this thread because I did find a workaround and should update this thread with the info.

Joining a friend from another region (in my case, a friend from NA) seemed to work. It doesn't connect right away and it looks like it's the same error at first but as long as you keep having your friend make a session and try to quick-join eventually you'll get in.

It's difficult to find someone to help, because NA players have no problem playing either local or online and thus won't really be looking for partners. I was fortunate enough to have a friend with the game who offered up the help.

My guess is the problem is EU server related? And since the game is technically online only (there's no local save files) that could explain why local coop doesn't work either, as it's still using EU matchmaking for the 2 local accounts. But by constantly trying to join an NA friend eventually it puts you into the NA servers I guess?

Not entirely sure what causes it or why, but this appears to at least be one extra alternative solution for EU players.

Ah thanks alot so that means i can play with myself in the same network. Can i do it with my main account or do i need another one for my PS4? 

4 hours ago, Schrimpey said:

Ah thanks alot so that means i can play with myself in the same network. Can i do it with my main account or do i need another one for my PS4? 

I believe it has to be 2 accounts, but I'm not sure since I'm only going off of other people's posts I found online.

5 hours ago, Schrimpey said:

Pretty sure I got it using the same account on both PS4 and Vita but since it was a few years ago I might be BS-ing you on that as well.

upd:

Well I just checked my screenshot history and it seems I wasn't wrong. The Team Player and Platinum screenshots are on my main account.

Edited by VegaMan-X4
update
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

Pretty sure I got it using the same account on both PS4 and Vita but since it was a few years ago I might be BS-ing you on that as well.

upd:

Well I just checked my screenshot history and it seems I wasn't wrong. The Team Player and Platinum screenshots are on my main account.

okay thanks i will try it in the near future! You helped me a lot! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this helps: Since release of the PS5, the trophy won't pop on PS4 as the game can't create matchmaking between those consoles. Don't know why this is happening, but the only option is to create a boosting session and specify that you need a PS5 owner with a NA account for this to work. Once done, you can play both of you and the trophy will pop. Can work the other way around to, but since the platform scarcity and how few people have the game despite being a PS+ game from a few years ago, can be a little difficult to find the right match. However is possible, but very tricky to say the least. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/26/2021 at 7:07 PM, Xenoblast91 said:

Hope this helps: Since release of the PS5, the trophy won't pop on PS4 as the game can't create matchmaking between those consoles. Don't know why this is happening, but the only option is to create a boosting session and specify that you need a PS5 owner with a NA account for this to work. Once done, you can play both of you and the trophy will pop. Can work the other way around to, but since the platform scarcity and how few people have the game despite being a PS+ game from a few years ago, can be a little difficult to find the right match. However is possible, but very tricky to say the least. 

You are talking about Rocketbirds 1 right?

On 12/03/2021 at 7:18 PM, Schrimpey said:

in the EU Version the offline Coop isnt playable either... I checked yesterday. even when ur on the same console. Im so relief i got a Vita 

Just got team player today, with my vita and PS4, funny you can join your own game using same psn profile, it's just a bug for EU.. not NA?

On 05/03/2021 at 11:19 PM, VegaMan-X4 said:

upd:

Can confirm you can join your own game using same profile on PS4 and vita. I could only create match on my PS4 and then join with my vita not other way around, couldn't create a match there at all.

Edited by SlipingJimmy

I can also confirm that if you change to using cloud save and install the US version of the game, you can download your cloud save and play the US version with all your charms intact, and the ability to use a second controller (or connect to another player on PS4). You'll probably want to backup your local save to a USB or PSN before you do this.

• 4 months later...