Just Start on Classic Difficulty!

ReCKerZUK

Really, Really, Really enjoying this game right now! I thought I would make this topic for the new people that pick this game up during the sales or in general!
( PLEASE NOTE: As of typing this 10/02/2021, I am still yet to platinum the game... yes I am a causal :P )

Want to platinum the game? JUST START ON CLASSIC!

You can get 2 trophies for completing the game ( Easy,Medium & Hard is one of them ) Just start on Classic! It will save you a ton of time replaying the game! BE WARNED!: The only issue you are going to have is the Chapter 5 Race... yes, even myself suffered to this pain staking, rage inducing level on clasic mode for 2 hours! It is the worst level/chapter I have EVER played in a game.
TIPS:
When turning the corners, L2 & X will help you out 90% of the time! 
If you make it to top 3 on the 2nd lap, STICK AT IT! as you progress, whoever is in front of you will crash and gain you a position.

DO NOT GIVE UP AND DROP THE DIFFICULTY! 

I know this is a rubbish post etc. But I just wanted to make it clear, DO NOT GIVE UP! Overall it seems an easy platinum to obtain and I will be aiming for this over time!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, communistwookiee said:

Abusing the brakes when cornering during the race really is the way to do it. The shooting sections aren't really that bad on Classic. The only thing that hurt me was the sometimes bad checkpoint placement, but I was able to persist through it.

Tapping L2 + X helped me out a ton!

I think the reason the race on Classic difficulty gets mentioned a lot is because of the fact that AAA gaming has practically held the hand of the gamers. This isn't a Jak 2 situation where you had little to no checkpoints on top of the game itself being very frustrating at times due to the stiff controls and just the game not being that good.

The Gauntlet trophy in Titanfall 2 and Mile High Club from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered are both far harder than the race in Chapter 5 on Classic difficulty.

I did freaking Venom Hot Lap 2 and One Man, One Engine in Driveclub, this race is literally piss easy compared to those.

• Like 4

I wholeheartedly agree that you should just start on Classic difficult if you want to avoid a second playthrough. It’s completely unnecessary and the guide really blows the difficulty out of proportion.

All the guides and everyone I spoke to recommended doing 2 runs in preparation of Classic difficulty, and I agonized over that decision for way too long before I opted to torture myself with one playthrough.

In the difficulty turned out to be hugely exaggerated and I’m really happy I went with one run and saved myself 10-15 hours. Most people will struggle a bit with the infamous Ch.5 race, but you’re going to struggle on it regardless of whether it’s your first or 2nd playthrough.

The rest of the game besides the race is very easy on Classic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

I wholeheartedly agree that you should just start on Classic difficult if you want to avoid a second playthrough. It’s completely unnecessary and the guide really blows the difficulty out of proportion.

All the guides and everyone I spoke to recommended doing 2 runs in preparation of Classic difficulty, and I agonized over that decision for way too long before I opted to torture myself with one playthrough.

In the difficulty turned out to be hugely exaggerated and I’m really happy I went with one run and saved myself 10-15 hours. Most people will struggle a bit with the infamous Ch.5 race, but you’re going to struggle on it regardless of whether it’s your first or 2nd playthrough.

The rest of the game besides the race is very easy on Classic.

Bought this game the other night so will be reading some of these comments as I play. Honestly the game doesn't look like anything more than a 4 out of 10 in difficulty at the most. I judge difficulty ratings on this website according to what the average player might see them as. A 4 out of 10 generally means a game will have some rough spots, in this case the race on Classic difficulty, but is still pretty doable for the average player. A 6 out of 10 is more akin to a Crash Bandicoot game, while there are many who will earn all the trophies, there will be a lot of people who won't earn all the trophies due to lack of skill.

The race on Classic difficulty looks easier than doing the Gauntlet in Titanfall 2.

Edited by AJ_Radio

16 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Bought this game the other night so will be reading some of these comments as I play. Honestly the game doesn't look like anything more than a 4 out of 10 in difficulty at the most. I judge difficulty ratings on this website according to what the average player might see them as. A 4 out of 10 generally means a game will have some rough spots, in this case the race on Classic difficulty, but is still pretty doable for the average player. A 6 out of 10 is more akin to a Crash Bandicoot game, while there are many who will earn all the trophies, there will be a lot of people who won't earn all the trophies due to lack of skill.

The race on Classic difficulty looks easier than doing the Gauntlet in Titanfall 2.

Yeah Classic mode really isn’t much harder than normal difficulty at all. For one, you can use aim assist if you wish, without voiding any trophies. And the realistic driving mechanic of Classic difficulty (difficult driving physics, having to follow the speed limit, traffic lights, and avoid fender benders or you’ll have the cops called on you) can be completely negated by turning on the option to skip drives between story segments. Again, it’s entirely optional, but it removes any sort of real challenge for players who don’t wish to struggle in any way.

In my personal, opinion, I’d rate the Titanfall 2 gauntlet as being much more tricky to beat than the Mafia race on Classic difficulty. It took me a lot longer, and was far more technically demanding. The race is more about memorizing the track layout and learning when to brake/drift/accelerate, where the scripted events occur and which stretches you can use to gain distance on other drivers. 

19 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I think the reason the race on Classic difficulty gets mentioned a lot is because of the fact that AAA gaming has practically held the hand of the gamers. This isn't a Jak 2 situation where you had little to no checkpoints on top of the game itself being very frustrating at times due to the stiff controls and just the game not being that good.

The Gauntlet trophy in Titanfall 2 and Mile High Club from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered are both far harder than the race in Chapter 5 on Classic difficulty.

I did freaking Venom Hot Lap 2 and One Man, One Engine in Driveclub, this race is literally piss easy compared to those.

Ahhhhh Jak 2. 

What a game.

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone,

I keep seeing the game on sale and was iffy about getting it. I loved the original but think I played it on either PS2 or PC, and whilst I loved the game the controls at the time were a bit wanky. Have they made it play more like Mafia II in terms of the control system or is it just better now that its on PS4?

Also. How broken are the other two games because you can get Mafia for £20 but the trilogy for £27. Is it worth getting the trilogy or are the other two games really that broken that its not worth it? Also for a completion perspective too.