Criminally Underrated Games?

Trumpet_Boi_208

Looks like I added some before, but screw it, I'm doing some more, because some more games need love!

here's a few more that need some attention, dammit! ?

L864521.png

Hardspace Shipbreaker

A zen Space-based destruction simulator, with a good story, great visuals, and one of the most fantastic soundtracks ever!

La37889.png

NORCO

Brilliant writing, brilliant world-building, and killer pixel-art - probably my favourite modern Adventure game 

L14db7e.png

The Entropy Centre

Way, WAAAAAY underplayed Portal-like 3D Puzzle game, with a good story, good puzzles, and a cool premise.

Lb572f8.png

Treasures of the Aegean

Totally under-played platform puzzle time-loop game, with amazing Tintin-style Euro-comic art, and super-smooth movement.

L158463.png

Griftlands

The most underrated game on this site - a deck builder that rivals Slay the Spire, yet no-one seems to have played it, despite it coming from world-class dev Klei.

L56cadd.png

Backbone

Wildly underplayed Detective Noire game, that turns into a batshit-noire-horror. Totally weird, and totally cool.

Lf0840c.png

Curse of the Dead Gods

A rogue like that is actually even better than Hades, but managed not to get the recognition it deserved, because it came out too close to Hades. (Hades is fantastic. CotDG is also fantastic!) 

L3837b6.png

Statik: Institute of Retention

The best VR game I've played, and a great puzzle game from Tarsir (creators of the Little Nightmares games)

Leb7616.png

The Touryst

Another wildly underplayed game - this one looks absolutely fantastic, is super fun and silly, and flips genres constantly.

L182a85.png

The Pedestrian

A super cool, really smart puzzle game with a really surprising ending, which seems to get ignored in lists of great recent puzzle games.

L7ba99b.png

Observation

A really cool premise, where you play as the computer on a space station, and do all the things the CPU usually does in games, and the CPU does all the stuff you usually do!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Wuppo

Probably one of the best games I ever played and it's sad to me that it goes on sale so often for $1 when that almost implies its quality is poor. It's funny, it's charming, it's a difficult plat, it really deserves more attention

I held off on Wuppo due to it never receiving the balancing patch.  I contacted the devs and they said they were interested in re-making the game at a later date (think a diff company ported it)

25 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I held off on Wuppo due to it never receiving the balancing patch.  I contacted the devs and they said they were interested in re-making the game at a later date (think a diff company ported it)

Remake it... I know some parts of the game weren't balanced or didn't work 100% but if they do ever remake it I hope they don't change too much

I don’t think the ones I’m about to list are underrated by those that play them, but I feel the ones I’m about to list just aren’t played enough by enough people. They are all great games and I for one feel they deserve more exposure

- I was a teenage exocolonist

- nobody saves the world

- in sound mind

- cardpocalypse

- arcade paradise

- inscryption

• Like 1