Can I claim PS5 DLCs without having the console yet?

Xionzenn

Spoiler

Summarisation: I wanted to pre-order a collector's edition of a game, found out that Game UK (only store in UK that provides is sold out), so as a result I bought it alternatively from third-parties which only have it available for PS5 in JAPANESE, now I only have PS4 currently. So the question here is:

1- Can I claim these DLCs in my library although I don't have a PS5 yet. 

2- Because it's Japanese DLC would it work for me in the UK?  

Question you're probably asking: "Why on Earth would you order the Japanese version"? Answer: Because it's the cheapest & Game UK suck :) 

Great, thanks for clearing the air guys.  

One more question: If I claim using my Japanese account (this one actually), and activate it as a primary would I be able to use my main account (secondary) and use the DLC? I mean I would assume so but just to clarify with you guys... Since im spending a fortune and would kill not to use the DLC for my main account. 

1 hour ago, ExplicitJAP said:

One more question: If I claim using my Japanese account (this one actually), and activate it as a primary would I be able to use my main account (secondary) and use the DLC? I mean I would assume so but just to clarify with you guys... Since im spending a fortune and would kill not to use the DLC for my main account. 

Yes, you can have a specific region account as primary, and still play the game on you main account. All digital content should work fine, as long as the game is from the same region. From what I've read, it works the same as on PS4.

1 minute ago, Folkenio said:

Yes, you can have a specific region account as primary, and still play the game on you main account. All digital content should work fine, as long as the game is from the same region. From what I've read, it works the same as on PS4.

Okay, but in this instance my main account is from EU. The account im using now to actually message you guys is my Japanese account, so am I able to make full use of the DLC on my main account if it's EU but I downloaded it on my Japanese account? 

2 minutes ago, ExplicitJAP said:

Okay, but in this instance my main account is from EU. The account im using now to actually message you guys is my Japanese account, so am I able to make full use of the DLC on my main account if it's EU but I downloaded it on my Japanese account? 

Yes - as long as you buy the DLC on the JP account and the game is from the same region as the DLC. You would then activate the JP account on your console and you can use any content purchased by that account on any other account.  The DLC and game MUST be from the same region or this won't work.

So in this case, you can play a JP region game with the JP DLC on your EU account.

The only caveat, if the game is Z rated, you can't buy the game or DLC on a JP account without registering a JP credit card to that account (so basically digital content for Z rated games is likely a nonstarter)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ExplicitJAP said:

The Game has to be the same version as the DLCs. In your case, the game has to be the Japanese version like the dlc you bought for it.

You can’t combine an EU game with a JP DLC.

What account you are playing on doesn’t matter.

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Yes - as long as you buy the DLC on the JP account and the game is from the same region as the DLC. You would then activate the JP account on your console and you can use any content purchased by that account on any other account.  The DLC and game MUST be from the same region or this won't work.

So in this case, you can play a JP region game with the JP DLC on your EU account.

The only caveat, if the game is Z rated, you can't buy the game or DLC on a JP account without registering a JP credit card to that account (so basically digital content for Z rated games is likely a nonstarter)

Okay, but in this case I'm pre-ordering it so it's hard copies. It's Resident Evil 8 & it's Z-rated which has been exclusively specified so does this affect the redeems/playthrough? Thanks, I thought DLC content would be voided on my main account only approved on my Japanese account...

12 minutes ago, ExplicitJAP said:

Okay, but in this case I'm pre-ordering it so it's hard copies. It's Resident Evil 8 & it's Z-rated which has been exclusively specified so does this affect the redeems/playthrough? Thanks, I thought DLC content would be voided on my main account only approved on my Japanese account...

I don't know if you will be able to purchase the DLC. I can't say for sure. I know you wouldn't be able to purchase the game digitally on the JP store. Is it paid DLC or free DLC? If the DLC is paid content, I think you will run into a problem

1 hour ago, ExplicitJAP said:

Yes you can, for matter of fact i have all of my accounts as Primary accounts, just recently i bought Hitman3 Deluxe Edition & Use all the DLC content of the US version on my PAL user. 

Ordered it from limited Run Games, did assume that the version will be NTSC but didn't take it then as 100% fact, so until I get pal disc version of it, can't use the previous free dlc that I have for Hitman3. 

If you ask, I have US & European users, the European user is the main & the one that i connected to here.

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

I don't know if you will be able to purchase the DLC. I can't say for sure. I know you wouldn't be able to purchase the game digitally on the JP store. Is it paid DLC or free DLC? If the DLC is paid content, I think you will run into a problem

I'm not really purchasing it off-hand, it's supplied to me on a code to redeem from the collector's edition of a pre-order for Resident Evil Village 8.  It's provided to me as part of the deal, not getting it seperate, along with the disc  which is Japanese. I think I confused you.  

6 hours ago, ExplicitJAP said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Summarisation: I wanted to pre-order a collector's edition of a game, found out that Game UK (only store in UK that provides is sold out), so as a result I bought it alternatively from third-parties which only have it available for PS5 in JAPANESE, now I only have PS4 currently. So the question here is:

1- Can I claim these DLCs in my library although I don't have a PS5 yet. 

2- Because it's Japanese DLC would it work for me in the UK?  

Question you're probably asking: "Why on Earth would you order the Japanese version"? Answer: Because it's the cheapest & Game UK suck :) 

1. Yes, you can do it with the App or Website, just make sure that the account (to redeem the code) is the same region as the game or DLC.

In this case use a Japanese account to redeem games or DLCs that are Japanese.

2. Yes, once you have a PS5 sign in with the Japanese account (allow this account to share games/DLC with other accounts, make it primary) then download/update the game, download the DLC and then you can switch to a different account from another region/country and play the game and DLC.

4 hours ago, Vauxhart said:

1. Yes, you can do it with the App or Website, just make sure that the account (to redeem the code) is the same region as the game or DLC.

In this case use a Japanese account to redeem games or DLCs that are Japanese.

2. Yes, once you have a PS5 sign in with the Japanese account (allow this account to share games/DLC with other accounts, make it primary) then download/update the game, download the DLC and then you can switch to a different account from another region/country and play the game and DLC.

Thank you, I thought I was going to process a refund but I'm glad you guys cleared it up for me. Much appreciated