Trophy Thoughts?

BradRedwoodFox

35 minutes ago, jantrick2 said:

If anyone is planning on doing Merciless, make sure you have a persona with Zio skills before starting NG+. The 1st miniboss in the tutorial area is a bit of a pain otherwise.

How early can you start grinding treasure demons (the rare monsters)? I just cleared the first keep in Shibuya

They start appearing in the second jail

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jantrick2 said:

So same as a normal playthrough? Does the treasure demon in Shibuya give more BOND XP than the one in Sendai or is it just easier to farm?

Best place to farm them is in the final jail just get the security level in the 90s and go up and down the jail and U will find them very fast

Edit:

I just saw your trophy list and U have the 10 treasure demons trophy already don't farm them for bond best way to do this is to repeat the request Angel of Contracts Descends in the final jail post game over and over or continue merciless playthrough cos that is by far fastest way to increase it another fast way is in Osaka just click the Billiken Statue leaver area and go back in repeat for another fast way

Edited by LuckySIime
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckySIime said:

Best place to farm them is in the final jail just get the security level in the 90s and go up and down the jail and U will find them very fast

Edit:

I just saw your trophy list and U have the 10 treasure demons trophy already don't farm them for bond best way to do this is to repeat the request Angel of Contracts Descends in the final jail post game over and over or continue merciless playthrough cos that is by far fastest way to increase it another fast way is in Osaka just click the Billiken Statue leaver area and go back in repeat for another fast way

Yeah I really don't feel like grinding Metatron for 15 hrs ?. I was just wondering about the Treasure Demon farming on Merciless since it's supposedly faster but I don't even know where to begin lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Does anyone know what level you should fight the Reaper on? I'm level 80 right now. Is that too low? I'm not sure if I feel like grinding Metatron for 15 hours and may just do New Game Plus. 

I beat him at level 70+ without any problems. 80's a good level :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

When do you think is a good time to do all dire shadows?

I did them all after finishing the story and they weren't much of a problem, so I guess the earliest you could beat them would be late 50s or early 60s. Probably earlier with the right party and personas

On 25/02/2021 at 10:22 AM, YokA_sun said:

I just checked my progress. You are right, you don't need to proceed on merciless. However I found out the reason why one needs to finish the tutorial mazeL: It's whole lot faster on grinding experiences for that last trophy "eternal bonds" on the diamond monster in Shibuya jail/maze on the highest difficulty (damn what are those rare monsters called again in English version?). 

It's a lot more beneficial doing that than grinding on the low difficulty. It's 15 hours grind on metatron on normal difficulty according to Powerpyx' guide. It's completely waste of time. On merciless the rare monsters, it's 8-10 times faster.

I highly recommend using the first rare monster in the first maze on merciless for max bond (downside is that you need to come prepared with the best persona. Easy enough. Hopefully a guide can be posted by @BeforeJam )

My guide cowritten by the amazing @LuckySIime has been submitted, but it seems the guide team is taking a break of some kind, not sure when the guide will be posted. Sorry to everyone waiting on it. The guide team hasn't posted a new guide in 3 weeks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BeforeJam said:

My guide cowritten by the amazing @LuckySIime has been submitted, but it seems the guide team is taking a break of some kind, not sure when the guide will be posted. Sorry to everyone waiting on it. The guide team hasn't posted a new guide in 3 weeks.

On 2/24/2021 at 6:52 PM, YokA_sun said:

I just checked my progress. You are right, you don't need to proceed on merciless. However I found out the reason why one needs to finish the tutorial mazeL: It's whole lot faster on grinding experiences for that last trophy "eternal bonds" on the diamond monster in Shibuya jail/maze on the highest difficulty (damn what are those rare monsters called again in English version?). 

It's a lot more beneficial doing that than grinding on the low difficulty. It's 15 hours grind on metatron on normal difficulty according to Powerpyx' guide. It's completely waste of time. On merciless the rare monsters, it's 8-10 times faster.

I highly recommend using the first rare monster in the first maze on merciless for max bond (downside is that you need to come prepared with the best persona. Easy enough. Hopefully a guide can be posted by @BeforeJam )

I wish I felt confident enough to play merciless. I am level 85, but my Persona is only level 71 which is bad. 

1 minute ago, jantrick2 said:

So I found out that the BOND XP for cooking a recipe for the 1st time will be rewarded again in NG+. Cooking all 19 recipes again is enough for about 1 (?) level if your BOND is in the late 60s.

Trust me the 3 ways I mentioned before are the fastest there isn't any other fastest way to max the bond as much as it sucks to grind it, It's basically what you will have to do sadly 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, LuckySIime said:

Trust me the 3 ways I mentioned before are the fastest there isn't any other fastest way to max the bond as much as it sucks to grind it, It's basically what you will have to do sadly 

I mean it's just something to keep in mind if anyone will go the NG+ Merciless route, there's still some free BOND XP if you have the required ingredients. I'm not suggesting repeating NG+ over and over for free XP lol

• Like 1

So, really enjoying the game and I adore Persona, so I'll get the plat... but knowing at the end of this that I have 10-15 hours of grinding a single boss fight over and over to get the BOND points is hanging over me like a cloud while I play. It's always in the back of mind, taking away just a little bit of the enjoyment.

This is an absolute cardinal sin for a trophy. Apparently even a full second playthrough wouldn't get you enough points. There is no way you shouldn't be able to max out your character levels, bond levels, whatever the game has for you to level up, after a complete playthrough where you're also completing all/most side quests. And there sure as hell shouldn't be a trophy attached to it if that's not that case lmao.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

Going off the way the numbers look after completing the game twice I'd say three won't even do it. 

Damn, that's crazy. I guess I'll just keep slowly grinding that damn Metatron boss who I will hate when this is all over. I'm only at Bond Level 65 right now. Still got a long way to go. 

4 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

So, really enjoying the game and I adore Persona, so I'll get the plat... but knowing at the end of this that I have 10-15 hours of grinding a single boss fight over and over to get the BOND points is hanging over me like a cloud while I play. It's always in the back of mind, taking away just a little bit of the enjoyment.

This is an absolute cardinal sin for a trophy. Apparently even a full second playthrough wouldn't get you enough points. There is no way you shouldn't be able to max out your character levels, bond levels, whatever the game has for you to level up, after a complete playthrough where you're also completing all/most side quests. And there sure as hell shouldn't be a trophy attached to it if that's not that case lmao.

Yeah, I'm doing that grind now. I hate it, but I will just do a little each day. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

This is an absolute cardinal sin for a trophy. Apparently even a full second playthrough wouldn't get you enough points.

Yeah, this trophy sticks out like a sore thumb. It's way beyond broken. I already dealt with it platinuming the JP version of the game and it was an undescribable chore. Now I'm soon to be faced with it again... Well, spotify --> podcasts, and mindless grind. Metatron here we go.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tripple_Barnett said:

Damn, that's crazy. I guess I'll just keep slowly grinding that damn Metatron boss who I will hate when this is all over. I'm only at Bond Level 65 right now. Still got a long way to go. 

Yeah, I'm doing that grind now. I hate it, but I will just do a little each day. 

When the time comes, I think I'll do the same. I was planning on toughing it out in large chunks, but I probably don't have the mental fortitude for it haha. I know it's my own choice to go for the plat, but still... it's just lame that after taste to a game I love (which is why I'm going for said plat) will be anger and boredom.

I know this is nothing new and that trophies aren't priority one for devs, but damn, someone body has to look that shit over and be like "hmm, perhaps this isn't quite so player friendly" lmao

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I know this is nothing new and that trophies aren't priority one for devs, but damn, someone body has to look that shit over and be like "hmm, perhaps this isn't quits so player friendly" lmao

I don't mind grinding. I actually kind of like it when it goes somewhere... Like having to grind to beat hidden super bosses or grinding to create crazy unique builds and stuff like that. It's also really cool when trophies kind of bookmark your progress to creating the ultimate build/party. This isn't one of those cases. Seems to me the last bits you grind for are broken stat buffs that don't really do much of anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

When the time comes, I think I'll do the same. I was planning on toughing it out in large chunks, but I probably don't have the mental fortitude for it haha. I know it's my own choice to go for the plat, but still... it's just lame that after taste to a game I love (which is why I'm going for said plat) will be anger and boredom.

I know this is nothing new and that trophies aren't priority one for devs, but damn, someone body has to look that shit over and be like "hmm, perhaps this isn't quite so player friendly" lmao

Yeah, i feel the same way. Sadly, this will make me remember this game in a little less favorable way grinding out these Max Bond Points. I'm at Bond Level 71 now so slowly getting there. Good luck in your grind.