Trophy Thoughts?

BradRedwoodFox

57 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Atlus, and because the trophy date isn't the same as the release date and there's complicated steps to get it turned on. 

Its hidden away and I usually point out where to upload and publish the lists to get them online

Thank you for your service.

I'm picking this up today to be my Platinum #550. Hopefully it works by then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

Off the top of my head, I can't remember sorry. I'm starting Scramble later so once I earn a trophy on it I can check then. I can view all my trophies with no issues while offline on the PS5 but those lists are already synced, I've can't try it properly until I start Strikers later.

Cool thank you, got to admit that i am kind of interested in knowing this.

On a side note:

Got to say, it's an interesting issue, I've had games before release in the past so I am used to having trophies without being able to show them but I had just assumed that the list'd appear the evening (EU time) before the release like with Ys IX, but here we are.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Biertje373 said:

Cool thank you, got to admit that i am kind of interested in knowing this.

On a side note:

Got to say, it's an interesting issue, I've had games before release in the past so I am used to having trophies without being able to show them but I had just assumed that the list'd appear the evening (EU time) before the release like with Ys IX, but here we are.

This is an extremely common problem, with multiple games releasing each week with syncing issues. Here's our current list of every confirmed non-syncer:

PS3: - These are almost certainly lost causes at this point

The Bluecoats: North vs South (PS3) - September 13, 2016
Top Trumps Turbo - June 30, 2017
Barnanza - November 16, 2016
MXGP Compact - November 18, 2014
Dirt Showdown (AU/NZ) (Certain trophies pop with the wrong values, thus they won't sync to PSN) - June 12, 2012
Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight - Seasons DLC (The 1.05 patch has messed up the trophy values so the trophies don't sync) - September 15, 2015
Fairytale Fights (Asia Digital) - The game was an exclusive to the Hong Kong PSN Store. It was rumoured to have been taken off the PS store due to the trophies not following the proper points guide. 3 DLC packs with trophies were also removed. - October 27, 2009

PS4:

Syren (EU) - Mandatory VR - October 31, 2019

Syren (NA) - Mandatory VR - November 6, 2018

Rage Room - Mandatory VR - February 4, 2019

QuiVR (EU) - Mandatory VR - April 11, 2019

QuiVR (NA) - Mandatory VR - April 16, 2019

Operación Triunfo - November 30, 2018

Bring Them Home (NA) - June 21, 2019

Axis Football 2018 - April 12, 2019

Winter Sports Games - December 5, 2019

Dinosaur Island VR - Mandatory VR - December 18, 2019

Bring To Light (NA) - November 27, 2018

Viking Days - Mandatory VR - August 28, 2018

Princess Crown - January 31, 2020

Vigilante Ranger - Mandatory VR - January 28, 2020

Bullet Sorrow VR - Mandatory VR - February 21, 2020

Strength of the Sword: ULTIMATE - August 27, 2019

Titanic VR - Mandatory VR - November 22, 2018

Gravity Error (Original Release) - January 15, 2020

NBA Playgrounds 2 - There appears to be another version of this stack, that doesn't sync. - October 16, 2018

Starbear Taxi - Mandatory VR - November 6, 2018

3M Spain Foundation - STEM+VR (EU) - Mandatory VR - December 18, 2019

3M Spain Foundation - STEM+VR (NA) - Mandatory VR - December 18, 2019

Wizards: Wand of Epicosity - August 4, 2020

Five Nights at Freddy's 5: Sister Location (EU) - July 21, 2020

Bus Driver Simulator - November 3, 2020

Lost Artifacts: Golden Island - December 01, 2020

Awakening of Cthulhu (NA) - 04 December, 2020

Xuan-Yuan Sword: Enguro's Fire - December 10, 2020
Follia: Dear Father (possible x2 stack) - December 15, 2020

Vampyr (JP) - December 24, 2020

Misk Schools Quest - January 13, 2021
Brain Beats - January 13, 2021 - Mandatory VR
Flying Soldiers - September 17, 2020
Radio Commander - January 26, 2021
Georifters - February 4, 2021

Blizzard Arcade Collection - February 20, 2021

Persona 5: Strikers - February 23rd, 2021

PS5:

Infliction: Extended Cut (EU) - December 22, 2021

Vita: - These are almost certainly lost causes at this point

Quell Memento (China) - July 28, 2017
forma.8 (Retail) - May 04, 2019

Edited by HuntingFever
Removed an erroneous entry.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

This is an extremely common problem, with multiple games releasing each week with syncing issues. Here's our current list of every confirmed non-syncer:

PS3: - These are almost certainly lost causes at this point

The Bluecoats: North vs South (PS3) - September 13, 2016
Top Trumps Turbo - June 30, 2017
Barnanza - November 16, 2016
MXGP Compact - November 18, 2014
Dirt Showdown (AU/NZ) (Certain trophies pop with the wrong values, thus they won't sync to PSN) - June 12, 2012
Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight - Seasons DLC (The 1.05 patch has messed up the trophy values so the trophies don't sync) - September 15, 2015
Fairytale Fights (Asia Digital) - The game was an exclusive to the Hong Kong PSN Store. It was rumoured to have been taken off the PS store due to the trophies not following the proper points guide. 3 DLC packs with trophies were also removed. - October 27, 2009

PS4:

Syren (EU) - Mandatory VR - October 31, 2019

Syren (NA) - Mandatory VR - November 6, 2018

Rage Room - Mandatory VR - February 4, 2019

QuiVR (EU) - Mandatory VR - April 11, 2019

QuiVR (NA) - Mandatory VR - April 16, 2019

Operación Triunfo - November 30, 2018

Bring Them Home (NA) - June 21, 2019

Axis Football 2018 - April 12, 2019

Winter Sports Games - December 5, 2019

Dinosaur Island VR - Mandatory VR - December 18, 2019

Bring To Light (NA) - November 27, 2018

Viking Days - Mandatory VR - August 28, 2018

Princess Crown - January 31, 2020

Vigilante Ranger - Mandatory VR - January 28, 2020

Bullet Sorrow VR - Mandatory VR - February 21, 2020

Strength of the Sword: ULTIMATE - August 27, 2019

Titanic VR - Mandatory VR - November 22, 2018

Gravity Error (Original Release) - January 15, 2020

NBA Playgrounds 2 - There appears to be another version of this stack, that doesn't sync. - October 16, 2018

Starbear Taxi - Mandatory VR - November 6, 2018

3M Spain Foundation - STEM+VR (EU) - Mandatory VR - December 18, 2019

3M Spain Foundation - STEM+VR (NA) - Mandatory VR - December 18, 2019

Wizards: Wand of Epicosity - August 4, 2020

Five Nights at Freddy's 5: Sister Location (EU) - July 21, 2020

Bus Driver Simulator - November 3, 2020

Lost Artifacts: Golden Island - December 01, 2020

Awakening of Cthulhu (NA) - 04 December, 2020

Xuan-Yuan Sword: Enguro's Fire - December 10, 2020
Follia: Dear Father (possible x2 stack) - December 15, 2020
Roundout by POWGI (Asia) - December 18, 2020

Vampyr (JP) - December 24, 2020

Misk Schools Quest - January 13, 2021
Brain Beats - January 13, 2021 - Mandatory VR
Flying Soldiers - September 17, 2020
Riders Republic - January 19th, 2021
Radio Commander - January 26, 2021
Georifters - February 4, 2021

Blizzard Arcade Collection - February 20, 2021

Persona 5: Strikers - February 23rd, 2021

PS5:

Infliction: Extended Cut (EU) - December 22, 2021

Vita: - These are almost certainly lost causes at this point

Quell Memento (China) - July 28, 2017
forma.8 (Retail) - May 04, 2019

Holy crap, I never knew, that's kind of insane!

On 20/02/2021 at 0:52 AM, Cryogenicide_X said:

Is it okay to play this if you've never played Persona 5?

I played it (because of a review) without P5 and it’s not the best experience. In comparison, I had a blast with Dragon Quest Heroes without prior knowledge of Dragon Quest, this doesn’t work that way, it’s pretty much a continuation. It summarizes some stuff, but it’s overwhelming.

On 19/2/2021 at 9:21 PM, Emanuele97G said:

an easy 50hrs platinum with 2 missables. there are a lot of guides out there since the japanese release

Are you sure about 2 missables? According to powerpyx there is only 1 trophy missable. The Masterchef trophy it’s not missable because you can buy all the recipe on Sophia shop later in game. Can someone confirm it?

16 minutes ago, TenebraZero said:

Are you sure about 2 missables? According to powerpyx there is only 1 trophy missable. The Masterchef trophy it’s not missable because you can buy all the recipe on Sophia shop later in game. Can someone confirm it?

Yes, Masterchef is not missable. It will just cost you more if you buy from Sophia. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

If there anything we can do to get this done faster? Like who do we all collectively tweet at or email to get this shit fixed?

Nope. As @NekoRave will tell you, it's often akin to pulling teeth when trying to get a non-syncing list to sync because most developers/publishers either flat out don't care, will ignore you entirely or just pass the buck until you get bored and give up. It won't be long before this games syncs, because it's a big enough franchise that people will start to notice and get angry if it's not sorted out soon.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

15 minutes ago, mefisto_777 said:

The list of trophies has not appeared yet, does anyone have an update on this? What an irresponsible way not to upload the list of trophies to the server.

All you can do is twiddle your thumbs and wait for @NekoRave to report back, because it's potentially a long, messy and complicated business getting non-syncing lists to sync, especially if the developer/publisher is uncooperative. It can take anywhere from a few hours to several years to get a list to sync e.g. the EU stack of Wraith VR took nearly 2 years of constantly nagging and pestering the developer to finally get them to flip the switch last week so the list would actually sync. I've been working with NekoRave for over a year now to get non-syncing lists to sync so can attest to what a PITA it is to make that happen.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

19 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

All you can do is twiddle your thumbs and wait for @NekoRave to report back, because it's potentially a long, messy and complicated business getting non-syncing lists to sync, especially if the developer/publisher is uncooperative. It can take anywhere from a few hours to several years to get a list to sync e.g. the EU stack of Wraith VR took nearly 2 years of constantly nagging and pestering the developer to finally get them to flip the switch last week so the list would actually sync. I've been working with NekoRave for over a year now to get non-syncing lists to sync so can attest to what a PITA it is to make that happen.

Well, be patient, I appreciate your answer. Excellent day.

31 minutes ago, mefisto_777 said:

Well, be patient, I appreciate your answer. Excellent day.

I agree, but since my PS4 has a Trophy Glitch/Error that Sony refuses to look into and fix the Trophys aren't stored locally anymore and therefore I'm basically sitting here with the game unable to play it (since I'd just have to start over anyway to earn the Trophys) so this is literally a case of "I've paid for the game, but fuck me I guess? I'm not able to play it ?" already missed out on a Day and a Half so far, I'm just hoping it's all gonna be up by this afternoon/tonight when it's actually the 23rd (or a decent way into the 23rd) in the US as Trophys do seem to synch up on the release day in accordance with the Publisher/Devs Region most of the time ?

9 hours ago, Biertje373 said:

Oh cool, I never knew about that. Thank you, does this also work on the PS5? (I am playing it on that)

It's even easier on PS5, as soon as you take your console offline it'll auto-populate your non-synced trophies :)

4 hours ago, LeviathanMustDie said:

50 hours sounds great, was gonna replay vanilla to make it my 75th plat (found a cheap steelbook copy) but since i pre-ordered Scramble i'm just gonna do that as my 75th.

Took me 60 with no guide (aside from checking for the couple of missables in advance) which was about 15 hours of grinding post-game for one very annoying trophy (though I utilised remote play for PC and a macro to make it slightly less painful).

• Like 1