Ultimate Match 5

Wagszilla

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck Komaki. Seriously, fuck him. 
just had my first attempt. Got to him with several minutes left and nearly full life. He battered me. How the fuck do you fight this cheating c*nt?! He locked me up by kicking me back and forward into a wall. Twice. And when I tried to hit him he just dodges. 

i’m sure I could work it out eventually, but I don’t see why I should waste my life with the previous 12 easy as fuck fights just get to this arsehole.

seriously fuck this c*nt. I don’t care if he’s my mentor, hiding behind 12 arseholes to waste my life is not acceptable.

2nd try. Got to him again. Same deal. But instead of wall locking me he just kept throwing me after blocks which, as far as I’m aware, cannot be avoided. Time isn’t a problem at all. His fucking cheap fighting style is. Actually, none of that’s a problem. It’s having to waste at least 15 minutes before you get another attempt with tedious and irrelevant fights.

Note to all devs: respect a player’s time or they will grow to hate your game.

3rd try I finally did it. Was flashing health, but got lucky. Went in with a heat move, did the head but. Then realised I had enough time just to keep blocking him to get my heat up and keep using the head but. 3 did the job. The luck was in him hitting me rather than throwing. It helps if you stay a bit back to draw the combo but some can’t be blocked.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Fuck Komaki. Seriously, fuck him. 
just had my first attempt. Got to him with several minutes left and nearly full life. He battered me. How the fuck do you fight this cheating c*nt?! He locked me up by kicking me back and forward into a wall. Twice. And when I tried to hit him he just dodges. 

Yeah, pretty much. I’m pretty sure I just tanked him and used throws and ground attacks. 

The MMA guys are also really cheap. I’ve seen people get through each in 30 seconds to 1 minute and they always wrecked my time.

Note to all devs: respect a player’s time or they will grow to hate your game.

This summarizes my experience with the Yakuza games well. I enjoy 75% of what’s there but the additional time-wasting and tedious challenges really diminish my enjoyment of the series on the whole.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Yeah, pretty much. I’m pretty sure I just tanked him and used throws and ground attacks. 

The MMA guys are also really cheap. I’ve seen people get through each in 30 seconds to 1 minute and they always wrecked my time.

This summarizes my experience with the Yakuza games well. I enjoy 75% of what’s there but the additional time-wasting and tedious challenges really diminish my enjoyment of the series on the whole.

And talking of wasting time...now I have to do Hard difficulty to unlock legendary, because normal was needed for its own trophy...I know they fixed this with later releases but, man, hate difficulty trophies that don’t stack!

And talking of wasting time...now I have to do Hard difficulty to unlock legendary, because normal was needed for its own trophy...I know they fixed this with later releases but, man, hate difficulty trophies that don’t stack!

You’re gonna “love” Yakuza 5. Time wasting: the game. 

4 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

That one’s up next. I’ve really disliked 4 in terms of the plat. Looking forward to actually needing to play the mini games and such. Still, hoping the story is much better than 4.

I got bad news for ya. lol. 

30 minutes ago, Ninjise said:

Yakuza 5 is the most time consuming off all the games in the franchise, be ready to grind a lot, difficuly wise is not much different from 4, storywise... Well I just let you to find out.

Why did they have to make me play as Shinada in the Coliseum. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, HawajGM106 said:

Any tactics? I'm reaching the last one before Komaki and I'm running out of time ..

With the ring fights just use tiger drop constantly. R1+Triangle. Every hit takes a substantial amount of life. It’s best to get them with their back against the wall for this. There are a few moves against which you can do the parry easily too if you see them.R1 + circle.

Also, to save time at the docks, run to the corner next to the river, stand by the wall, and parry him in to it. You’ll get an angle where you can hit him a few times before he hits the floor and then be able to perform a heat move on him.

Time was essential to me in the last fight. Have several minutes and you can block to get you heat up then do the rolling head but heat move.

• Like 1

Tiger drop is ideal but they will also be extremely shy about attacking sometimes so practice your strafe around them and fast fast heavy attack. 

If going Tiger Drop make sure you’re angling the stick towards them or neutral otherwise it won’t connect.

Komeki Knockback is good for keeping them at a distance but if memory serves some will auto counter it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/03/2021 at 9:35 PM, Wagszilla said:

Tiger drop is ideal but they will also be extremely shy about attacking sometimes so practice your strafe around them and fast fast heavy attack. 

If going Tiger Drop make sure you’re angling the stick towards them or neutral otherwise it won’t connect.

Komeki Knockback is good for keeping them at a distance but if memory serves some will auto counter it. 

This. I had 1.58 left fighting Komaki, 2 tiger drops = done. 

Suguchi was the hardest fight with Tanimura as he deals the least damage, sidestepping him when he pops red heat saved a lot of time and enabled me to get a decent time facing Ibrahimovic, the two coliseum fighters and Komaki. Ibrahimovic was harder to tiger drop than the last two. As Wagszilla says, make sure you direct the analogue stick towards to opponent when tiger dropping to maximise it's effectiveness. The Ultimate match section of this game was easy compared to previous and was able to clear them quite easily.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tbh my first time doing this it was difficult beating him because he attacks so fast, on my second run I entered with heat and immediately hit him with the rolling forward heat action and his health bar was cut in half, then hit him with 1 tiger drop and he was almost dead, and you can hit him normally.

• 7 months later...

I tried this a few months ago. Rage-quitted and uninstalled the game.

After a huge break from playing any game (especially Yakuza) I came back to finish Y5 on platinum. I thought "yeah, I'll try doing Y4 Ultimate Match 5, bc why not" heh

Did it on the first try. Tips? Here you go.

Akiyama: Go for a combo with multiple leg hits, then smash triangle few times for a huge combo. It should work on the first and third boss. You can beat the second boss in seconds if you'll use heat actions. Save up heat from the first battle, grab whole desk and heat action on the enemy with chainsaw. If you're out of heat, avoid his attacks, and after it attack from behind a few times. If you have enough heat for next Heat Action go near the wall and smash his head.

That should do it.

Saejima: In the first fight aim for the guy with pistol. Kill him, grab the pistol and shoot other guards (except main boss). Then focus on the boss and use "square, square, square, hold triangle, triangle, triangle" combo. You should wreck him really fast. Do the same to Kiryu, basically easiest fight of all. Oh, and if enemy is on the ground smash his heat using heat action (it takes a LOT OF DAMAGE). With Majima try doing the same combo. He's evasive, but if you'll direct hits into his direction it shouldn't be a problem. Watch out for his spin attack when he's purple, because you can't do S&*T during that time. Just wait it out, and when he's down hit him with mentioned combo

Tanimura: Here things can get outta hand. Use square, triangle combo on every enemy, try to avoid the shooter and aim for the guy with katana. When guy with katana is low there's a special cinematic action that can kill katana guy and deal a lot of damage to the shooter. The other guys falls from two-three square, triangle combos. Next we've got 3 guys and a case in hand. There isn't much to it, just hit them with square x4 and use heat action on the main guy with a lot of health. Sugiuchi was annoying AF because of Tanimura's s&*tty moveset. If I remember correctly, I tried to avoid every attack, and attack from behind. It's good to use as many heat actions as possible, start with "square, triange" combo, and right after executing it you should be able to do the heat action (so square, triangle, and triangle if heat sing appears on screen). That's the first, should take some damage. The next heat action is more difficult, you have to do it when Sugiuchi IS NOT in heat (orange-ish) mode. square x5 and right after fifth square (it should be a kick) click triangle, it should result in combo finisher, and you can execute next heat action right after it. If he still has some health use both of these heat actions again (though they doesn't do much but still stops your timer) and if you don't have heat bar full, just kick his arse from the back. You should end this part with 6-8 minutes on the timer.

Kiryu: Firstly I thought it would be easy since Kiryu has Tiger Drop. IT'S NOT. The first guy kicked my a** worse than Komaki. Avoid his attacks and TRY to tiger drop him. I don't have any tips here, you have to figure it out yourself. The second guy is as much annoying as the first, but it's easier to time the tiger drop (he "charges" his attacks). Still no clue how it should be done. I beat the third guy with tiger drop as well, but his attacks can be blocked, so that's a relief. If you would be so lucky, go behind him and attack his back. Again, TRY to tiger drop.

KIRYU VS KOMAKI: To be honest, I've never had any trouble with it. Maybe I'm lucky, but I managed to tiger drop him once, then used some cheap combo like "square, square, triangle, triangle" to knock him down and used heat action where Kiryu jumps on him three times. That's it.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions - ask.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The worst part is Tanimura, because he is very slow attacking and his battles the speed are even worse (the second one with the briefcase is shit). Nonetheless, is doable.

• With Akiyama you can start very fast, in fact, the 3 battles can be done in 1:30 min, 2 top. Abuse of the slach kicks and Wall Crush (heat action near a wall). For the chainsaw guy, go for short combos insead.
  • With Saejima, use a lot charged attacks and try not no waste heat (with heat Saejima cannot be knocked, without it he will be staggered/knocked 10 times per second cuz he is so slow). To save some time, when you knock Kiryu or Majima to the ground, grab them. They will immediatly free of it, but they will get up much faster than waiting for it, so you will save time.
  • Tanimura as I said, is the worst part. In the first one, try to throw the minions and focus most of the time in the katana guy (he can stagger/throw you a lot and he will make you waste A LOT of time). With Sugiuchi, use a short combo and immediatly after, parry, and mash his back. When he is in heat mode, dodge at his back. If you go for Essence of Combo, try to go for the max one (mash square until he do a kick, then double triangle. Usually, Sugiuchi block the first, and he will eat the second, making possible the heat action).
  • With Kiryu the problem is the time. To do it in time, you will have to do at least 1 or 2 Tiger Drops per guy. The first TD is easy: when the battle starts, they all 3 will always run to you and do a running attack, thats your best chance to connect a TD. One thing that I find useful also was the quickstep cancel: mash a 3-4 attacks combo and quickstep to the side in the middle of the combo, and with a bit of luck you always will end at their backs when they counterattack. Remember that the quickstep cancel can only be done WITHOUT heat mode, so if you fill the heat bar, do a roll heat action (X + X + Heat) and continue. Also, remember that you can cut their combos with the Komaki Knockback (block + triangle).
  • If you reach Komaki with at least 1:30 minutes, is done: charge your heat with R2 and do the roll action to him and the first one will delete almost half of his life (he cannot stagger you when you're charging heat). Rinse and repeat 2-3 times more, and he is out. No need to try to Tiger Drop him (this is really difficult and can be very frustrating looking the time go out at the same time).

When I accomplish this, I started with Kiryu with 6 minutes. I reach Komaki with a bit less than 2. I connected one TD to the first 2 arena guys and none to the third.

Edited by Galserik
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Galserik said:

If you reach Komaki with at least 1:30 minutes, is done: charge your heat with R2 and do the roll action to him and the first one will delete almost half of his life (he cannot stagger you when you're charging heat). Rinse and repeat 2-3 times more, and he is out. No need to try to Tiger Drop him (this is really difficult and can be very frustrating looking the time go out at the same time).

Actually that's a great advice! Maybe I'll try it while doing Y4 platinum on ps3

Edited by PlatinumLeznis
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just finished this a while ago but I have a unique tip that may be helpful to some. 

If you have a turbo controller, turbo button circle so that any grab will be successful. This was so useful for me especially with Suguichi. Just kept grabbing him and throwing him around lol. Took 0 damage from him - so satisfying to cheese that SoB. I also used the throw for Kiryu during Saejima's section and for the last three bosses for Kiryu. Yes its effective on Komaki. Komaki will sometimes counter your throw by throwing you. So what you do is wait for him to attack, block or dodge, then you throw him but honestly, maybe just do a rolling essence on him. I'm just saying throws can be effective against him when timed right. He's weak. I did it so fast had around 4 minutes to spare.

I kinda figured this out when I did the same thing to Aizawa using throws and bounding throws on Yakuza 5.

Good luck.   

Edited by rmsison1
Added info
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 2/9/2022 at 5:06 PM, Galserik said:

The worst part is Tanimura, because he is very slow attacking and his battles the speed are even worse (the second one with the briefcase is shit). Nonetheless, is doable.

• With Akiyama you can start very fast, in fact, the 3 battles can be done in 1:30 min, 2 top. Abuse of the slach kicks and Wall Crush (heat action near a wall). For the chainsaw guy, go for short combos insead.
  • With Saejima, use a lot charged attacks and try not no waste heat (with heat Saejima cannot be knocked, without it he will be staggered/knocked 10 times per second cuz he is so slow). To save some time, when you knock Kiryu or Majima to the ground, grab them. They will immediatly free of it, but they will get up much faster than waiting for it, so you will save time.
  • Tanimura as I said, is the worst part. In the first one, try to throw the minions and focus most of the time in the katana guy (he can stagger/throw you a lot and he will make you waste A LOT of time). With Sugiuchi, use a short combo and immediatly after, parry, and mash his back. When he is in heat mode, dodge at his back. If you go for Essence of Combo, try to go for the max one (mash square until he do a kick, then double triangle. Usually, Sugiuchi block the first, and he will eat the second, making possible the heat action).
  • With Kiryu the problem is the time. To do it in time, you will have to do at least 1 or 2 Tiger Drops per guy. The first TD is easy: when the battle starts, they all 3 will always run to you and do a running attack, thats your best chance to connect a TD. One thing that I find useful also was the quickstep cancel: mash a 3-4 attacks combo and quickstep to the side in the middle of the combo, and with a bit of luck you always will end at their backs when they counterattack. Remember that the quickstep cancel can only be done WITHOUT heat mode, so if you fill the heat bar, do a roll heat action (X + X + Heat) and continue. Also, remember that you can cut their combos with the Komaki Knockback (block + triangle).
  • If you reach Komaki with at least 1:30 minutes, is done: charge your heat with R2 and do the roll action to him and the first one will delete almost half of his life (he cannot stagger you when you're charging heat). Rinse and repeat 2-3 times more, and he is out. No need to try to Tiger Drop him (this is really difficult and can be very frustrating looking the time go out at the same time).

THIS ^^ thank you!!!! 3 roll actions and he was DONE! 

Edited by XxCa11is0nxX
removed text at bottom for clarity.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/9/2022 at 11:06 PM, Galserik said:

When I accomplish this, I started with Kiryu with 6 minutes. I reach Komaki with a bit less than 2. I connected one TD to the first 2 arena guys and none to the third.

Awesome tip for Komaki, I did what you describe and he had no chance. 

I was almost died in a heart attack last night on my second attempt, I was farely sure that I cannot win the challenge because wasted so much time on the Tanimura section, but than I was completed Kiryu's 4 fight in like...2 minutes. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

hope this helps someone these were the strategies I used for Konami and Suguichi. 

Komaki and many bosses (not all) in game between 3-4 I found a little trick that helped me. I would do a punch and have him block it. He will most of the time throw a punch combo after. Tiger dropped every time and beat him in about 30 seconds. 

the timing of Komaki punches after a block is nearly always the same so with enough practice you can pull off tiger drop a lot easier. 

Didn’t work for me in kiryu 3 boss fights before komaki though, I had to brute force those fights. 

Tanimura vs Suguichi I ran to the edge of the dock and did one of two things. I’d block before he attacks and try to quickstep behind him. If quickstep was successful I’d do square 5x and stop the combo for a fast 5 hits damage to him, if I had enough for heat I would try a 6th hit but that one is hard to connect due to tanimura’s speed. If quickstep wasn’t successful, by pressing block right before the attack hit I’d just parry and toss Suguichi into the invisible wall barrier at the dock. He would fall down so I can land a few punches or use heat. I think I beat him in about 3-4 minutes this way. I had 7 minutes left when I got to kiryu part.