Lolipop Chainsaw Premium Edition

Shiiinjitsu

So the NA Edition for Lolipop Chainsaw is about 60 dollars used on eBay or Amazon. It's ridiculous how expensive it is.

But I saw that the Japanese version (Premium Edition) is 20 dollars. I know that the Japanese version is censored. But I read online that if you have the Premium Edition, it bypasses the censorship. Can anyone confirm that? 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 0:27 PM, HuntingFever said:

AFAIK, the JP version is censored regardless of which release you get.

WRONG. The base Japanese release is censored, the Premium Edition is UNCENSORED and identical to the US release, PLUS it has a Japanese language option that is not available in the US release.

So for anyone who's interested in playing the game, make sure to pick up the Premium Edition.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SegaJAM said:

WRONG. The base Japanese release is censored, the Premium Edition is UNCENSORED and identical to the US release, PLUS it has a Japanese language option that is not available in the US release.

So for anyone who's interested in playing the game, make sure to pick up the Premium Edition.

Thank you for correcting me :). Where did you manage to find a copy?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 5:35 AM, HuntingFever said:

Thank you for correcting me :). Where did you manage to find a copy?

Ebay, it arrived a few days ago actually. It was a used copy and the premium edition voucher still worked, amazingly! Here's the seller I bought from, in case anyone is interested:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-PS3-PlayStation-3-Lollipop-Chainsaw-Premium-Edition-language-Japanese/164443450436

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Because it's a rare game?

I was being a smart a** lol

Can anyone confirm that the Japanese version has English text? I don’t mind if the audio is Japanese but if I can actually read subtitles and menu options then that would be the best way for me to experience this game

3 minutes ago, cckerberos said:

People are just freaking out because of the store closure. I suspect a lot of these prices are going to go way down in the near future.

I live in the EU and it's one of those ultra-rare games that are very fucking expensive. Similar to Persona Arena, Alice Madness Returns or Katamari Forever. 

14 hours ago, Zagettrix said:

Can you change the text language in the Japanese version to English?

EDIT: Is it available to buy on the PSN store?

1: Yes, it has both options as I said earlier.

2: No idea but since it's Z rated, you wouldn't be able to buy it anyway if you don't have a JP credit card for age verification.

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

1: Yes, it has both options as I said earlier.

2: No idea but since it's Z rated, you wouldn't be able to buy it anyway if you don't have a JP credit card for age verification.

That’s pretty awesome. I was unaware that the PS3 apparently will play the Japanese version in English if that’s the system language. 

Either way, it’s good news. Thanks!

• 1 year later...