Free upgrade question

mika8276

I have bought the game in november (digital version) so now i wanted to download the free ps5 upgrade but i can't find it in the psstore

I see the 3 versions of the game but it says i have to buy it again

anyone else have this problem?

19 minutes ago, mika8276 said:

I have bought the game in november (digital version) so now i wanted to download the free ps5 upgrade but i can't find it in the psstore

I see the 3 versions of the game but it says i have to buy it again

anyone else have this problem?

yep, unfortunately the storefront just doesn’t seem to recognize that you own it, or the upgrade just isn’t showing up currently.

15 minutes ago, JohnPlay-Station said:

yep, unfortunately the storefront just doesn’t seem to recognize that you own it, or the upgrade just isn’t showing up currently.

That is the case, it's doesn't recognize it that I own it

15 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

It's possible the store hasn't updated with it yet. Try again later.

The store has been updated, it shows the game with the release date of today, March 2nd

So the upgrade should also be available

18 minutes ago, mika8276 said:

The store has been updated, it shows the game with the release date of today, March 2nd

So the upgrade should also be available

the store has seemingly only been partially updated to show the ps5 version but no upgrade. If the store was fully updated, then all the ps plus games would also be showing up for free since today is the start of that, however only one of them is currently. The store is usually done updating by around 12pm est. it shouldn’t be a huge issue it’ll just take time unfortunately 

16 minutes ago, JohnPlay-Station said:

the store has seemingly only been partially updated to show the ps5 version but no upgrade. If the store was fully updated, then all the ps plus games would also be showing up for free since today is the start of that, however only one of them is currently. The store is usually done updating by around 12pm est. it shouldn’t be a huge issue it’ll just take time unfortunately 

But you should expect that they updated with the upgrade aswell

Let's hope it get fixed soon cause i was looking forward to playing the ps5 version today

10 minutes ago, mika8276 said:

But you should expect that they updated with the upgrade aswell

Let's hope it get fixed soon cause i was looking forward to playing the ps5 version today

Oh totally, I’m not taking their side at all, it should have been an easy process. I had the same sort of upgrade with Control last month where I owned the game since October and the upgrade was super simple. And yeah hopefully they fix it soon I wanna play so bad haha

13 minutes ago, JohnPlay-Station said:

Oh totally, I’m not taking their side at all, it should have been an easy process. I had the same sort of upgrade with Control last month where I owned the game since October and the upgrade was super simple. And yeah hopefully they fix it soon I wanna play so bad haha

i will check again once the psplus are also available for download later today

If the upgrade isn't there, I'll contact Sony

2 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Cant you click on the 3 dots if you are standing on the ps4 version that is already downloaded to your console. That way I could download the ps5 version. (disc upgrade) It should work the same for digital version

Nope, if you clicking on three points, the upgrade version option don't appear.

11 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Cant you click on the 3 dots if you are standing on the ps4 version that is already downloaded to your console. That way I could download the ps5 version. (disc upgrade) It should work the same for digital version

clicking in the 3 dots shows each version mentioning ps4 & ps5 but when you select it, it shows the price

For some reason the system doesn't recognize we already own the game

I doubt this will stop the questions, but here's a bit of info...

I've phoned sony this morning, first thing. They're looking into it as I explained what's happened and advised how it should be a free upgrade. I've also told my SEGA rep (I'm a reviewer) and they're aware of the issue and are looking into it from their end too. If you want to escalate the issue - call your local Playstation customer service and report the issue - the more calls, the more they'll see it as a major issue and get right on it. Otherwise, it should be a few days to fix.

This is only an issue if you bought the digital version before today - when the game was a different version.

This is the issue - At midnight, when the PS5 version went live, the game was delisted and relisted with a new ID in the background (you see it in the link when you click the game in the store). This also delisted all the DLC, bar 2, and relisted them on the new version of the game with your licenses in-tact. So, as I bought the costume DLC previously, it shows them as being free on the new version. However, the transfer of licenses didn't go through for the actual game - which is why it's letting us download the PS4 version but not the PS5, it simply doesn't know we have the game.

It's all a mess atm, I've now lost access to my DLC so I don't even know if I can load my PS4 save anymore as my characters were wearing those costumes which no longer works with the version I have. But, I have faith that they'll fix it soon as we've already waited four months due to Xbox throwing money at them to delay it for no reason other than to give them a small exclusive window. 

But yeah, that's the reason, what's happening, and how you can help escalate it - I imagine people will post after me and still question it without reading the above :P

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turniplord said:

I doubt this will stop the questions, but here's a bit of info...

I've phoned sony this morning, first thing. They're looking into it as I explained what's happened and advised how it should be a free upgrade. I've also told my SEGA rep (I'm a reviewer) and they're aware of the issue and are looking into it from their end too. If you want to escalate the issue - call your local Playstation customer service and report the issue - the more calls, the more they'll see it as a major issue and get right on it. Otherwise, it should be a few days to fix.

This is only an issue if you bought the digital version before today - when the game was a different version.

This is the issue - At midnight, when the PS5 version went live, the game was delisted and relisted with a new ID in the background (you see it in the link when you click the game in the store). This also delisted all the DLC, bar 2, and relisted them on the new version of the game with your licenses in-tact. So, as I bought the costume DLC previously, it shows them as being free on the new version. However, the transfer of licenses didn't go through for the actual game - which is why it's letting us download the PS4 version but not the PS5, it simply doesn't know we have the game.

It's all a mess atm, I've now lost access to my DLC so I don't even know if I can load my PS4 save anymore as my characters were wearing those costumes which no longer works with the version I have. But, I have faith that they'll fix it soon as we've already waited four months due to Xbox throwing money at them to delay it for no reason other than to give them a small exclusive window. 

But yeah, that's the reason, what's happening, and how you can help escalate it - I imagine people will post after me and still question it without reading the above :P

thank you for this info. I sure does explain a lot. 

i finally managed to get someone on the phone from Sony too and only response i got was "be patient, we're looking into the issue". So this info didn't help a lot

Hopefully SEGA is working hard on fixing it and we have the upgrade tomorrow

On 3/3/2021 at 2:42 AM, xh117 said:

How does the upgrade work from the disc version? Do you have to install the ps4 version first or does it ask if you want the upgrade?

You insert the disc, you don't need to install (unless you want to), then you press options on the game tile, game versions, PS5 and then the page will load and you'll see a free upgrade option with a white disc icon. You'll need to keep the PS4 disc inserted in order to play the PS5 version but you don't need the PS4 version installed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...