Can I still access PS4 gaming wrap up 2020?

Jinxcendant-XIII

It says wrap up is no longer available but why can't we still have access to the stats? I couldn't log in last time and I missed out on seeing my wrap up :(, it says underneath > Users need to have opted in to receive marketing emails via the Notifications Settings on their PSN account, how do I do this please? so I don't miss out on my wrap up 2021.

Marketing emails have to be enabled from the account settings. But since you have a UK/EU account, that option was hidden probably due to GDPR. You have to phone/email PlayStation Support and ask to enable it. The stats for 2020 have been removed and now it simply redirects to the main site. They're gone. Never really worked well anyway, mine missed several games for whatever reason.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Marketing emails have to be enabled from the account settings. But since you have a UK/EU account, that option was hidden probably due to GDPR. You have to phone/email PlayStation Support and ask to enable it. The stats for 2020 have been removed and now it simply redirects to the main site. They're gone. Never really worked well anyway, mine missed several games for whatever reason.

Ok thanks, I hope they add a feature to PS4 where it tells you how long you've played a certain game for/how long it took to 100%.

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This was available for approx 1 month at the start of the year, before it was discontinued so you're shit outta luck I'm afraid :(.

Ok thanks, I'll have to make sure I see my 2021 wrap up when it is available next year.

9 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Ok thanks, I hope they add a feature to PS4 where it tells you how long you've played a certain game for/how long it took to 100%.

If you want that feature, you're going to have to buy a PS5 because the PS4 won't be getting any major feature improvements in the future now the PS5 is out.

You can use certain web sites to see your play time per game. It counts in-game time though IIRC so if you pause the game and leave it running while going out/eating/whatever, it will register that as play time. It also doesn't work properly for 100% of all games. It shows the same play time as the PS5 will show you.

Check it:

Jinxcendant-XIII's PSN profile - Exophase.com

The number next to the clock symbol in each game is your play time in hours.

Edited by iriihutoR84

5 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

You can use certain web sites to see your play time per game. It counts in-game time though IIRC so if you pause the game and leave it running while going out/eating/whatever, it will register that as play time. It also doesn't work properly for 100% of all games. It shows the same play time as the PS5 will show you.

Check it:

The number next to the clock symbol is your play time in hours.

Oh cool thanks so much just what I needed. yeah it's not that accurate as fall guys says 327.61h the last number doesn't make sense.

Edited by Jinxcendant-XIII

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If you want that feature, you're going to have to buy a PS5 because the PS4 won't be getting any major feature improvements in the future now the PS5 is out.

Technically the feature is there, Sony just never coded it to be visible. I can see play time for PS4 games I haven't played in years on PS5.

5 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Check it:

The number next to the clock symbol in each game is your play time in hours.

Only problem with exophase is the stats aren't 100% accurate and @Sergen discovered that they can easily be edited

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Only problem with exophase is the stats aren't 100% accurate and @Sergen discovered that they can easily be edited

Isn't it the same with the stats on PS5 and annual gaming wrap ups too though? I can understand the issue that they can easily be edited if this topic was about someone who had been flagged for leaderboard removal but this is someone who wants to use it for themselves to see how much they have played. They haven't edited their play time.

1 hour ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Isn't it the same with the stats on PS5 and annual gaming wrap ups too though? I can understand the issue that they can easily be edited if this topic was about someone who had been flagged for leaderboard removal but this is someone who wants to use it for themselves to see how much they have played. They haven't edited their play time.

On Exophase if you are a member you're allowed to change your play times manually, hover over the game icon with your mouse cursor and click on the little icon that shows up. From there you can change your play time value, I intentionally changed all my play times to 69 hours to demonstrate how flawed Exophase is. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

On Exophase if you are a member you're allowed to change your play times manually, hover over the game icon with your mouse cursor and click on the little icon that shows up. From there you can change your play time value, I intentionally changed all my play times to 69 hours to demonstrate how flawed Exophase is. 

But that has nothing to do with this topic. He wants to find out his play time for the games on his profile and he can use Exophase for that. From a CRT perspective it might be flawed but it will work well for the purpose presented in this topic.

2 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

But that has nothing to do with this topic. He wants to find out his play time for the games on his profile and he can use Exophase for that. From a CRT perspective it might be flawed but it will work well for the purpose presented in this topic.

You can also write off the console play time tracking because it tracks people's times in absurd ways: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/profile/27688-sergen/?status=216691&type=status

I guess if you want a rough idea of what your play time is an you use Exophase then that's fine. It's unfortunate that the tracking is severely flawed on both the console and Exophase though. 

Exophase will present them with the exact same results as the "gaming wrap-up" would have. That is what the topic is about. There may be major bugs in a rare game (can't find any on my profile) and it will generally overestimate since it counts not just time playing but time when the game is active and you are connected to the internet. It will however generally give a pretty good approximation.