Installing Physical Games to PS5 way too slow

MilanYildirim

I have gotten myself Demon's Souls remake to jump in next gen experience, l got the game physically. Boy, installing game took as long as downloading the fucking game itself. It took 47 minutes. How is this even possible? Is there something wrong with my PS5 or that goes same for everyone?

Edited by MilanYildirim

They probably skimped on the laser since you don't have to actively read off the disc while playing anymore.

They probably got one that reads at the bear minimum speed that works with UHD Blu Rays

Since you mentioned downloads, my PS5 downloads at abnormally slow speeds too at my office. PS4 Pro on the same network? Fine. Xbox Series X, One X and One S? All also fine. The Switch WiFi is meh speed but that's Nintendo for you.

Has nothing to do with the quality of the parts, that's just the limitation of physical media at this point. There's a limit on how fast a physical disc can be read based on the Blu ray spec. Xbox has similar install times for physical discs, it's just what you'll have to deal with. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

They probably skimped on the laser since you don't have to actively read off the disc while playing anymore.

They probably got one that reads at the bear minimum speed that works with UHD Blu Rays

Since you mentioned downloads, my PS5 downloads at abnormally slow speeds too at my office. PS4 Pro on the same network? Fine. Xbox Series X, One X and One S? All also fine. The Switch WiFi is meh speed but that's Nintendo for you.

that's like saying they skimped on the HDMI. There are standards when it comes to technology. You can look at the rating of the BR drive and see that it is the same as any other 4k UHD player/reader

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

that's like saying they skimped on the HDMI. There are standards when it comes to technology. You can look at the rating of the BR drive and see that it is the same as any other 4k UHD player/reader

They went above standards with the PS3. They could have got a faster laser but that would mean a shorter lifespan for it. Since they don't need the faster laser to actively play the games, they didn't. As a byproduct it probably also saves them money.

• 2 years later...