A Warning That Nobody Gave Me

Raqus

1 hour ago, Zarakai1989 said:

Its FF7, it doesn't matter if the story gets split up into 25528193738 sequels, no one will bat an eye lid 1f602.png

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Honestly I don't think FFXV would've gotten as much flak if they actually finished the DLC they promised and thus the story. Instead of leaving it out to dry because they realized people weren't buying the extra dlc they were trying to sell outside of the season pass.

Then again there was definitely a good third of a chunk of players seemingly turn on them on Twitter and Reddit after the announcement of FF7R for PS5 because let's face it announcing a paid dlc that adds one of he main crew but locks it behind an expensive and constantly out of stock console is ridiculous.

I genuinely didn't mind the story in FFXV, and despite owning the season pass I never actually played the DLC episodes or felt it necessary to (might go back to it eventually).  Feels like a lot of over-embellishing from sensitive people who tense up every time they hear the word "DLC" and start rabbling about how it should've been there at launch, be free, incomplete game, principle, rabble, rabble, rabble.

I find what Square is doing with FF7R way more concerning.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Shouldn't you do your own individual research and then decide if you want to play this game?

Don't be silly - why go to the effort of actually researching something, when you could just jump in and then complain about it publicly afterwards ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Haha, I love these whiney threads and watching the OP get bodied within seconds

Maybe next time, someone can kick his door in SWAT style and disarm him before he presses start game.

Edit- 

I figured it out.  FFXV was developed by Square. Square altered it on PS4.  PS4 is owned by Sony.  Sony also owns Spider-Man, whose spider sense failed, causing him to not warn OP.  Spider-man was created by you.  You are to blame sir, it's all your fault.

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Edit- 

I figured it out.  FFXV was developed by Square. Square altered it on PS4.  PS4 is owned by Sony.  Sony also owns Spider-Man, whose spider sense failed, causing him to not warn OP.  Spider-man was created by you.  You are to blame sir, it's all your fault.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

i liked the game a lot. Was it perfect? no. Did some free updates add more that should have been in the game from the start? yes. Should Aranea been a 5th playable party member? yes.

Should the tone have been darker like Versus 13?..... NO. Because Versus 13 was all but scrapped aside from character models and even they were changed a bit. People complain how long FF15 took, but don't realize the company started over completely midway through. As with KH3 as far as i know they switched game engines part way through and it delayed them a bit plus the devs didn't start until many years after 2... i think. 

XV has its flaws in the story but in terms of combat, its damn addictive and was only further improved upon with FF7R. So i can't wait for FF16 and FF7R part 2.

also would love to see what OP thinks is perfect FF game as i think they all have flaws..

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 5:35 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

There's 151 threads on 7 pages in this forum. At least ten alone on the first page discuss the Comrades DLC. So did you not get a warning or just don't want to admit you failed to look for one?

Probably he wanted someone to knock his door and tell him 

hey kid dont play this game 

7 minutes ago, Raqus said:

Oh wow this blew up. Game is absolute garbage front to back. 

In fairness, given this response and your lack of cognisance to the 2 pages of responses to your original post, it doesn't seem like you are the type to give much weight to the opinions or advice of others...

In reality, do you really imagine it would have stopped you from playing the game, even if people had  in some manner warned you against it?

• Like 3

On 3/14/2021 at 0:22 PM, Dreakon13 said:

I just want to point out it's a bit ironic that FFXV gets panned for being unfinished because they stopped before the last one or two DLC pieces... yet FF7R is kinda universally appreciated despite being literally unfinished and having a yet undetermined number of sequels on the way.

That's kind of an unfair comparison to make. The games were marketed differently in major ways.

But, in regards to your point, FFXV was said to be a finished game from the get-go, whereas FF7R had always been clear that it was very specifically only one specific part of the original 90's game. It is not as though the marketing said that it was the entire game right then and there, and therefore, never lied about the contents of the game.

Yes, I find it deplorable to lock out content on the PS5 version, but, even in that they have been very clear about it. 

In FFXVs case, it was always claimed to have been a completed product until it was found to very obviously not be. Admitting to fault after you have made almost all of your sales doesn't excuse the lie. 

20 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

In fairness, given this response and your lack of cognisance to the 2 pages of responses to your original post, it doesn't seem like you are the type to give much weight to the opinions or advice of others...

In reality, do you really imagine it would have stopped you from playing the game, even if people had  in some manner warned you against it?

Yes actually. If there was any critical or analytical work popularized explaining how the game has almost no gameplay, the story take place in second hand conversations and boils down to little more than "bad man want do bad thing" or that the devs had wasted a decade of our time in the buildup up to sell me a commercial for Cup Noodles then yes, I would have saved myself the hundred hours for the platinum.

Also there seems to be an opinion that the Comrades trophies are my gripe? They were just the icing on the cake. Nothing in this game is hard, aside from getting Prompts snowmobile to stay consistent from moment to moment. It's bad, lazy and shameless corporate money grubbing. That's the problem.

The devs had a game they had been hyping up for over a decade and rather than keep a competent team to deliver they upended at the eleventh hour, split what little plot there was up into 9 separate price tags to sell you, and stuffed the rest with sponsored advertising to please shareholders and keep management in bonus check while abusing the employees. That's the warning I wish someone gave me. And now I'm giving it out so anyone who cares about such things can be informed 

As far as FFXV itself, I do have mixed feelings with it. 

It does have a Final Fantasy-esque kind of story, of which becomes much clearer with the whole of the DLCs. Though, the game does suffer in pacing issues that are rather unfortunate.

The combat is great for beginners to aRPGs, but not so great to someone adept with them. It is passable, but never really feels as though there is much risk involved. Items are too easy to come by, and can be used with little to no consequence. Heck, getting a game over in most cases is kind of a achievement haha.

Magic, while different in this game, is absurdly broken. It can defeat anything in the game with little to no problem providing you understand how it all works.

The world itself is amazing to explore and get lost in. It is a great deal of fun to see something and also climb it. Like the arches in the second region. There aren't many games that allow you to climb set pieces like that. However, the game also walls you frequently. Not allowing you total freedom, and actually just gives the perception of freedom, having invisible walls all over the place. Still, it is a beautiful game, and the environments are great. One great dissapointment is that you cannot explore the regions later in the game, and are only allowed a glimpse into them.

A lot of care went into side activities, such as the photo system, fishing and meals. The food looks amazing, and some others look disgusting, lol. The food is maybe the best looking food I've ever seen in a game though. The fishing is also really fun, at least, it was fun to me. I want to get the VR game but cannot justify spending the miney on VR for just one game.

The early game dungeons are really fun. You can tell a lot of care went into their construction, and most of them tell a story in the environmental clues that exist in each of them.

A misstep in the game, is treating the player to several interesting things, and never allowing you to explore it. Such as the ruined world in the penultimate chapter. I would have rathered been allowed to explore that destroyed and ruined world then be forced into a car to progress the story.

The original endgame is rather lackluster, and the additions made in the Royal Edition helps a bunch, but does not save it entirely either. Most endgame dungeons involve diving into a decending tower/cave/dungeon of some description with the same copy/paste assets and patterns for almost all of them. 

The best base game endgame treat is the platforming dungeon in the top left corner of the map. It's a wonderful change of pace and has a fascinating theory involved with it if you ever care to look for it. Many don't like the platforming in the game, but I found this dungeon as a big treat and a great break from the sameness that the rest of the endgame suffered from.

The DLCs... are interesting. Each has a different way of playing the game, some are better then others. The best is probably also the one with the worst trophy of the game (involving snowmobiles) because it allowed you to explore a new region of the world you otherwise were not allowed to.

Honestly, the game might have sold better if it wasn't a Final Fantasy game. It's good, yes, but I would not personally say it is great, or even approaching the best of the series. It is worth a play though, all the same.

In the end though, a game should be able to stand on its own, and not need its DLC to be a complete package. There will be a day in where buying this DLC will not be possible anymore, as evidenced with recent PS3/vita news. You should not need DLC to make the base game story make more sense.

Edited by Dreggit
  • Like 1

And now that I've gone back and read the complaints let me address some of them:

Welcome to 2017: 

I've heard nothing but praise for this thing, but also publishers have half of the media outlets in their pocket and the other half the abuse DMCA and ignore fair use in order to silence. Nothing I saw warned anything as bad as the paid ads or parsing out critical parts of the plot into separate, for sale of course, medias. 

Well why didn't you research:

See last statement, but also that this game was originally being advertised back on the PS3 and for years after, the final product we received was the result of studio interference discarding almost a decades worth of work for something that would focus test better. It's no different than what Konami did with "Metal Gear Survive", player disrespect and employees mistreatment and all.

What is the help of saying mean thing and not explaining what you mean:

Yea, you're right. The original post wasn't helpful. Now that I'm approaching a thousand words on the subject I hope this clarifies things.

What would YOU call a perfect final fantasy game hmmmm:

Interesting that you jump to "perfection". I never said it needed to be perfect, nothing is perfect. Blood Omen is one of my favorite games ever and that thing is an abject mess. So I don't really feel like your question is asked in good faith to what I'm saying. But to answer it, compared to this mess: Mystic Quest, Tactics, Evil Dead 2 and a plate of burnt pizza rolls. 

Well if you're so made about comrades blah blah blah:

Ok, the comment about comrades was a nod to the fact that, in addition to it being a hackjob, you have to on top of that go out of your way in an unreasonable manner to get the trophies. That having been said, I have the comrades trophies. Got em last month, twice. Download Charlie, there's guides available and it's not that hard. It's just not a game worth playing let alone going out of your way to create a proxy server for. 

FF7R is just as bad/worse:

This one I find weird because FF7R is a complete game. Cloud is an active agent, Noctis is constantly being told what happened when he wasn't there. The story of Avalanche and midgar is there and present for the player to experience, not separated out into an anime, movie, 4 dlc packs, novelization, ancient prophecy that appears in the dreams of the select few etc. The story reaches a climax that the player is a part of and I'm not being advertised outside products in a product I've already bought. If FF72 never comes out we still have a solid experience. I can't imagine, short of a complete overhaul, what could be added to FFXV to make the experience complete. We would need, at minimum the fall of Insomnia, the death of LunaFreya, Act 2 of the story, the Empire outside of the two middle managers we meet who aren't really aligned with the empires overall goals anyway. Some of these exist, but not in the game itself, so we get to dish out more money if we want. 

You're a dumb dumb doo doo head:

I mean, if it makes you feel better. I don't know you so if you need to insult someone to feel better have at. I can take it. Doesn't make FFXV any better though.

2 hours ago, Dreggit said:

That's kind of an unfair comparison to make. The games were marketed differently in major ways.

But, in regards to your point, FFXV was said to be a finished game from the get-go, whereas FF7R had always been clear that it was very specifically only one specific part of the original 90's game. It is not as though the marketing said that it was the entire game right then and there, and therefore, never lied about the contents of the game.

Yes, I find it deplorable to lock out content on the PS5 version, but, even in that they have been very clear about it. 

In FFXVs case, it was always claimed to have been a completed product until it was found to very obviously not be. Admitting to fault after you have made almost all of your sales doesn't excuse the lie. 

I never really had any issues with the completeness of the main story of FFXV, I played it at launch and I never touched the DLC.  They did a little more "what was such-and-such doing when they disappeared for a few chapters" than most games, eluding to the DLC episodes, but nothing that detracted so much from what I was doing/seeing.

I guess I see it as being upset that you got a mostly contained game/story with some bonus content you weren't expecting, versus a game marketed as incomplete (is it really though?  not like it says Part 1 in the name) with literally no information on their roadmap.  The former sounds better than the latter to me... but I think people see the letters D-L-C and just see red sometimes.

Edited by Dreakon13

• 4 weeks later...

I don't care about the comrade stuff cause I don't mind not having 100% in my games, but I wish I would've never played this game, the story is idiotic and the game is a waste of human resources, time and money, having said all that, I will go and Platinum it cause I at least want to raise the completion % above 60-70 to boost my overall comp rate