What hooked you into trophy hunting?

ScavzYT

Back in the day I was playing Minecraft with some friends and a lot of trophies started popping, I went over to the trophy list and said "wouldn't be interesting if I get that platinum"?  After many hours of working on it for days I got bored of it and moved to rocket league which turned out to be my first platinum. I felt so good popping that platinum and decided to do it to other simple games like goat simulator. After months of grinding I ended up having a handful of platinums and I decided it was high time to go back to Minecraft for that platinum and 100%.

• Like 4

This fuck'n website and a homie of mine is what did it for me lol. I've been playing with this account since I got my first PS4 back in like '15, at the time I still played a lot of games, but I wasn't really that into trophy hunting. If the game was good enough I'd go out of my way for the plat, but for the most part I was just beating games and moving on. Fast forward a few years to '18 when I convinced a good buddy of mine to get back into gaming since he'd fallen out of it back in the Gamecube/PS2/Xbox era. He jumped back in head first and started beating games left and right and earning a bunch of plats, at that time I only had like 10-15 plats mind you, and eventually he pulled a head on the plat count and that pissed me off lol. I'm normally not that competitive unless it's something I'm super into and I wasn't about to let that asshole have more plats than me EVER again lol. I started going in on the plats last year and I've surpassed his bitch ass by like 20+ plats now haha. Since then I've been on a mission to hit 100 plats (pretty close now) and raise my completion percentage to above 70% as a personal goal, I'll probably slow down considerably after that honestly. This website has helped out immensely with the hunt and now I'm on this website more than any other (minus youtube). Plus the community here is awesome for the most part and have been very helpful in my quest to break triple digit plats. ?

Edited by Pray_4_the_End
  • Like 2

Since I started playing ps3, I always set a percentage or number of trophies I'd get before leaving the game, so I used to leave the most difficult ones xD Now I've grown up, I can face difficult challenges and even enjoy more the difficult trophies rather than those ones of "personalise your player" xD and so I'm trying to get 100% trophies of my current games (and even thinking of coming back to PS3 to re-play / complete others).

I think that, what triggered that change from get some trophies to actually trophy hunting, was the trilogy of Crash Bandicoot which I platined and thought...why don't I do the same with other games to have a more completed profile? And so I am, frustrated and raging in FIFA20 ahhaha Also, discovering psnprofiles helped that.

I started my trophy hunting with PS4, my first Game was Uncharted 4, and my first trophy was First Treasure. It was a very special moment i saw the trophies list, it felt good, that feeling was amazing, i cant describe it in words.

MY FIRST TROPHY IS MY FIRST TREASURE ❤️ sounds pretty amazing don't u think.

Thats how i fell in love with trophy hunting ?

• Like 4

For me it was a sad story. Three of my cats died of complications of old age within a span of six months and I just needed a big chance and I started playing and collecting platinums. I had earned 5 plats previously during the 4 years I own my PS4 but then I earned suddenly 10 platinums withing 2 months. I really needed to get my mind off things. I still hunt platinums today but I think I'd finally say it's at point where it's a healthy enjoyable hobby, not an escape.

• Like 2

The fact that it can extend the playtime and make great games even better. I also liked the challenge and I think it was prototype for the PS3 which "taught" me that. Especially in the beginning I looked up to players who had the platinum in Mirror's Edge, GTA 4, RDR, Wipeout HD, Dead Space 2 etc. and that highly motivated me.

• Like 1

I still remember seeing loads of articles about which PS3 games were going to get patches for trophy support and which ones werent so thought I'd give it a go when my favourite games got them.

Little did I think that one day all the games I left incomplete and were no longer possible to get would give me OCD and I'd have to make a new profile.

• Like 1