Anyone gonna attempt this Platinum?

DrewFrostStormy

Honestly I was gonna go for the Platinum 

Until I realized there's 48 BALAN BOUTS!

Balan Bouts are QTEs challenges and if you miss even one perfect you have to let it play out, leave level, reenter level, go to challenge again and retry.

You can not exit them and you cannot retry them.

By far the worst part of the game. They add absolutely nothing.

Edit: the awful sports mini games apparently have statues... (I couldn't perfect any of them)

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 2

Does anyone else have this problem? When you try and replay a level to do certain things like Balan's Bout etc, but find that they aren't there and the level can't technically be cleared? Why is this a thing?

15 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Balan Bouts are QTEs challenges and if you miss even one perfect you have to let it play out, leave level, reenter level, go to challenge again and retry.

Edit: the awful sports mini games apparently have statues... (I couldn't perfect any of them)

The sports mini games don't, I'm looking at Powerpyx's guide for the first 2 stages and these aren't mentioned for any of them thankfully.

7 hours ago, DEMON said:

Does anyone else have this problem? When you try and replay a level to do certain things like Balan's Bout etc, but find that they aren't there and the level can't technically be cleared? Why is this a thing?

The sports mini games don't, I'm looking at Powerpyx's guide for the first 2 stages and these aren't mentioned for any of them thankfully.

You can clear the level 2 times: 1st time for story purpose and 2nd time to get 1 colored gem. After these two clears you can roam on the stage but need to go out manually in pause menu.

Edited by regislc30

On 3/28/2021 at 0:00 AM, aZombieDictator said:

Same. I just now realized this. And, the game is weird. Like really out there weird. Not what I was expecting. I will still play it. But I no longer have interest in the platinum because of the above stated issue 

Edited by sealightbreeze

On 3/28/2021 at 0:00 AM, aZombieDictator said:

For the mini games all you need to do is play the 12 total (1 in each area) all getting perfect does is give you more yellow drops, no statue associated with them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JustOneStingray said:

For the mini games all you need to do is play the 12 total (1 in each area) all getting perfect does is give you more yellow drops, no statue associated with them.

Thats good, but still the balan bouts exist. Probably the worst thing I've encountered in a game in years. 

3 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Thats good, but still the balan bouts exist. Probably the worst thing I've encountered in a game in years. 

They are annoying but not that big a deal. A bunch of sequences are just reused so the timing is easy to remember plus when you are going to clean up the ones you missed you can just exit the game if you get a great to stop it from saving. Not ideal but pretty fast.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JustOneStingray said:

They are annoying but not that big a deal. A bunch of sequences are just reused so the timing is easy to remember plus when you are going to clean up the ones you missed you can just exit the game if you get a great to stop it from saving. Not ideal but pretty fast.

Still, there are so many, they are not fun, and not being able to retry/exit if you fail one is ridiculous.  Also here's my thoughts on how to make the game better.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 1

On 27.3.2021 at 8:29 PM, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

To be completely honest.. it's not as bad as some make it sound. It is pretty fun. The first few levels are obviously boring and the game is way too easy, but searching the collectibles is kinda fun. It is obviously aimed towards children with its difficulty and aesthetics but it's not a garbage fire. Plat might be a bit lenghty when doing it without a guide though.

I really enjoy it . And there is some really good devs from the glory days of sega and Nintendo behind it 

Anyone have a list of what levels there is the stages you need to perform at and minigame locations 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I tried it again recently and there are just too many little things I can't stand, like the way those awful piranha plants can lower your Tims score without any warning before you leave a level, coupled with the terrible pathfinding on those things meaning you'll have to scour the level for them before leaving just to make sure none are trapped.