What the hell? (Trophy Thoughts)

arcanehornet_

Ugh, it’s the same monotonous campaign trophies from the past two stacks. And Nightmare difficulty will most likely be locked AGAIN until you beat each campaign at least once. I hate that, just let me do it all in one go ? As someone who wants to complete all DOOM stacks, I’ll have to take this on sooner or later. First I need the damn VR headset though ?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ShonenCat said:

Ugh, it’s the same monotonous campaign trophies from the past two stacks. And Nightmare difficulty will most likely be locked AGAIN until you beat each campaign at least once. I hate that, just let me do it all in one go 1f644.png As someone who wants to complete all DOOM stacks, I’ll have to take this on sooner or later. First I need the damn VR headset though 1f605.png

How bad is the Doom 3 plat on PS4? It’s like $5 right now, but the nightmare difficulty looks kinda hard. 

But, good luck on your journey for all Doom stacks!

7 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

How bad is the Doom 3 plat on PS4?

Not nearly as painful as the PS3 version. On PS4, there is no multiplayer or classic DOOM games to worry about. The campaigns have a ton of missables with no checklists or mission select. If you miss something, you’re starting over. The original campaign is very bloated and slow paced. Nightmare difficulty constantly drains your health down to 25% and enemies will most likely one shot you every time. It will require a great amount of patience and a quick trigger finger to get thru.

Edited by ShonenCat
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ShonenCat said:

Not nearly as painful as the PS3 version. On PS4, there is no multiplayer or classic DOOM games to worry about. The campaigns have a ton of missables with no checklists or mission select. If you miss something, you’re starting over. The original campaign is very bloated and slow paced. Nightmare difficulty constantly drains your health down to 25% and enemies will most likely one shot you every time. It will require a great amount of patience and a quick trigger finger to get thru.

35 minutes ago, Mossekk said:

You can make manual saves like every second, so Nightmare is not a big deal.

Thanks guys, I shall attempt the platinum soon! Though, the game does look way different from what you’d imagine Doom to look like.

It looks like a survival horror game.

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2021 at 0:27 AM, arcanehornet_ said:

Thanks guys, I shall attempt the platinum soon! Though, the game does look way different from what you’d imagine Doom to look like.

It looks like a survival horror game.

also what they forgot to tell ya is that in nightmare you get the soul cube to one shot everything and it works just as it does in the end of doom 3 so you basically can one shot all enemies other than bosses with it for health back and plus the add on with the heart has all the powers on it from the start with nightmare mode so yeah

• Like 1

Doom 3 is pretty intense in VR, very fun though! I'm not going to try and beat it on nightmare though. Did that on BFG edition but it took me so long as I had to basically save after every enemy. At least you get a gold for it now though instead of a bronze!

Edited by emailking

• 1 month later...

I ended up getting so good at it that I was comfortable doing nightmare so I did end up platting it! I think the game is a lot easier in VR with the AIM gun than non-VR with controller, or even a mouse.

Edited by emailking
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 7:14 AM, Lonemankane said:

also what they forgot to tell ya is that in nightmare you get the soul cube to one shot everything and it works just as it does in the end of doom 3 so you basically can one shot all enemies other than bosses with it for health back and plus the add on with the heart has all the powers on it from the start with nightmare mode so yeah

For someone that's not familiar at all with Doom games I have no idea what you're talking about.

32 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

For someone that's not familiar at all with Doom games I have no idea what you're talking about.

There is a weapon you get near the end of the game called the soul cube when you beat the game once and play again but on nightmare mode your health ticks down to 25 hp and because the soul cube is used to kill and heal the user of it the best idea is use it to one shot the harder enemies like the revenants or the archvile. And the add ons to doom 3 has a heart you use that slows time for you and gives you a buff to dmg you deal and lets you run faster in it and the last one makes you unable to take any dmg while using it

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To answer one of my questions: yes, it's a tedious collectathon. I'm a couple hours in and currently in Alpha level and I don't understand the hype one bit for this game. I'm honestly not finding it fun. At all. I hate that there's no map nor anything else at all indicating where I'm supposed to go or what the fuck I'm even supposed to be doing. I'll see it through to the platinum but damn, it's going to be a looooong haul. 

-UPDATE-

I honestly can't stand this game. I bought it because it was on sale and I had just purchased an Aim controller and was told what a "fun" and "amazing" game it is, especially with the Aim. Using the Aim tires the hell out of your arms - not fun. Moving with it takes some getting used to as well. The scale of the machine guns are WAY the fuck off and it feels like I'm holding a bazooka on my shoulders.

Having to CONSTANTLY stop to take my headset off to look at the collectibles guide is just so unbelievably tedious and annoying! It wouldn't have been so bad had there not been so goddamn many of them! I'm currently in the level Communications and so far it's been nothing but tight, dark corridors that I can barely see shit in. And obviously what I said before this update about not having any sort of map to consult just has me running around in circles constantly because half the time I have no idea where I am, where I'm supposed to be going or what I'm supposed to be doing. To be fair the disorientation is nowhere even remotely close to how bad it was when I played the Solus Project but it's bad enough.

And it's always the same scenario: enter new area/room, get attacked by enemies, rinse and repeat. Predictability like this becomes stale quickly. THIS is what people find to be "fun" and "amazing"? I wish I had never listened to people and bought this horrendous garbage. 

Edited by MrTacoNinja

• 4 months later...