Vita Platinum Summer (Real trophy hunter shit) -All done, thanks for playing

Okay, my second Vita platinum is The Walking Dead. It was a no-brainer since I love the old Telltale games and it was the game that originally came with my Vita.

DfmyokK.jpg

1. S5eb9a4.png

2. S94f944.png

Total Vita Platinums :platinum:: 2

Edited by JungleCat20
  • Like 1

Whoop!  Got some more plats!

S3ccd62.png

Battle Rockets 2.0:  I wish I would've grabbed this before the first version's list was delisted but in the end the game is just awful.  The game this most brought to mind was Bouncers on Sega CD and that's never a comparison you want to make.  A quick plat but at what cost to your soul?

Sc9bca3.png

Super Wiloo Demake:  A competent if not entirely interesting platformer.  It works and does what you'd expect but it gets pretty samey even by the end of the second world where you get the plat.  The music was going to drive me crazy too.  Might be a good train game though.

S1c0555.png

Metagal: This one was fun!  A really cool Mega Man homage that has a good aesthetic to it.  It doesn't reach the heights of the series that inspired this but for the couple of bucks it costs you can do a whole lot worse.  A pleasant surprise

Sc9dae2.png

Astro Aqua Kitty:  The newest Vita game out there, i think.  It's really really good!  The original Aqua Kitty was a fun Defender clone but this expands the concept into a kind of RPG/Dungeon crawl with a Defender-esque combat system.  I enjoyed it immensely and I think I drove my wife nuts from how much I was playing it haha!  I think might be the second person to have logged on the site too, which I think is the best place I've gotten on a game.

TOTALS SINCE MARCH 30:

Platinums: 18

100%: 2

5 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

WEEK 3 UPDATE

WE ARE ON FIRE

Y'all kicked it into overdrive this week. A total 55 new vita platinums were earned since last update, putting us up and over the 100 mark at 119 total. MVP of the week without a doubt is @cr1s with 11 new plats. Yo dude if those games you played have physical versions let me know and i'll be on the lookout to get them myself. (I'm too scared to try any of that stuff to get other region stores on my own vita.) Also big shouts out to newcomers @qsire246 @JungleCat20 and @ElevExplorer64 Thanks for jumping on the vita train.

So Personally, my first slow week. Had some busy days. Only 3 new Vita plats from me to report. Pic-a-pix Color 2, Pic-a-pix Classic, and Grass Cutter. Currently working on Adventures of Mana and it will be my overall 600th platinum, so that's cool. One I get over this hump though, I have a stack of games ready and roaring to go. I have a personal goal of hitting 50 by August 27th.

See yall next week for the 1st month update.

Great update!  Thansk for the feel-good event!  It's been a blast so far!

L8b2e54.png

Definitely won't be able to keep up with anyone, as I'm not going for short and easy plats. This game was a lot of fun, but my god the trophy for getting 5 million experience is stupid (getting EVERY character max level only takes like 1.8 million exp).

My first plat in here.

6 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Currently working on Adventures of Mana and it will be my overall 600th platinum, so that's cool.

Great choice! I love that game, I platinumed it on every account I made. It's an awesome remake of an old Gameboy game. Will platinum that game soon enough. I have stuff to do, like wait for my PS5 to arrive. ^_^

I got some plats during my trip to church, very EZPZ since I didn't have a lot of time in the car:

S9f3356.pngZeroptian Invasion (very painful, died a lot on the second level)

S31132b.pngSuper Weekend Mode (stalled it out as I didn't want it to be my fastest platinum like it's always been)

S05c2ff.pngMochi Mochi Boy (needed a guide for this one)

Total Vita Plats: 18, I think...

1 hour ago, FrumpleOrz said:

The music was going to drive me crazy too. 

Yeah, the problem with the Super Demakes are that the people who made them didn't invest anything in the music department so they didn't give various level BGM. I mean, if these games are just going to be trophy lodestones, that's fine, but if you want me to play past the second level(like I did with Zeroptian Invasion) you need to mix it up a bit. :(

Edited by faint-magician2

12 hours ago, faint-magician2 said:

Yeah, the problem with the Super Demakes are that the people who made them didn't invest anything in the music department so they didn't give various level BGM. I mean, if these games are just going to be trophy lodestones, that's fine, but if you want me to play past the second level(like I did with Zeroptian Invasion) you need to mix it up a bit. :(

It's too bad.  Like the Demakes aren't terrible games but it seems like they thought more about what they would look like in static screenshots instead of a whole package.  You'd think that games that are relying on nostalgia would realize how integral the music was to the success of the classic platformers.  Imagine Mario or Sonic without their soundtracks!

UPDATE:

:platinum:

29) Word Sudoku by POWGI (EU)

30) One Word by POWGI (EU)

31) Mixups by POWGI (EU)

32) Crossovers by POWGI (EU)

33) Word Wheel by POWGI (EU)

34) Wordsweeper by POWGI (EU)

OVERALL TOTAL :platinum:: 34

Edited by cr1s
Added platinum icon. How could I forget about it? Shame on me!
  • Like 1

Don't worry, I plan on an update in the coming week - I just downloaded LEGO Jurassic World for Vita. And before you say "It's the same game", no it's not. Would have done LEGO Chima but I wanted my 60th platinum to be somewhat more respectable and I did enjoy LEGO Jurassic World for both versions despite their huge length. ;)

Well, um we all need to have a talk.

So, in a bout of great news, Sony has gone back on their decision to kill the PS3 and Vita stores. So now this event is kinda moot? What do we wanna do here?

We could 1) Keep goin till the day it was gonna die for fun or 2) end it on Saturday and just call this Vita April fun times.

Tell me your thoughts.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Well, um we all need to have a talk.

So, in a bout of great news, Sony has gone back on their decision to kill the PS3 and Vita stores. So now this event is kinda moot? What do we wanna do here?

We could 1) Keep goin till the day it was gonna die for fun or 2) end it on Saturday and just call this Vita April fun times.

Tell me your thoughts.

I mean, it's your event and your effort.

I would say keep it going thru the previously scheduled date. It is an excellent reason to push thru some completions and hunt in the store for some gems.

I need to hear this myself.

*watches the Kinda Funny Podcast*

Blessing Jr.: "Story #1: PS3 and PS Vita stores will CONTINUE operations. Jim Ryan's article says that people will be able to continue purchasing on PS3 and PS Vita."

:o

:|

Uh... I was lying about throwing my Vita in the trash on 8/27. :ninja:

Anyways, I am down with continuing this until August. If only for an excuse to double down on all the decent cross-buys for Vita. Already downloaded LEGO Jurassic World. :)

EDIT: To be honest, I was not really surprised. Jim Ryan isn't a coward, he just realized that people are still hugging their old PS3s and gaming on road trips with only a Vita despite those no longer being supported and shutting down any means to get games for them outside of Game Over stores was going to cost them a ton of profit. Retro is still big, guys. If they shut down the stores eventually, I will probably be far too disinterested in Vita because they'll have ported the good stuff to PS5 by then.

EDIT 2: Of course, not surprised that the Playstation Portable is still being killed on July 2. I mean come on, if you really want to play Persona 3 Portable, you can download it on your Vita. There's no reason not to throw your PSP in the trash... unless you love the original Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and still playing multiplayer on that game, which... WHYYYYYYY? :(

Edited by faint-magician2

I love the title change, haha!

S576de5.png

Peasant Knight: A tricky little runner puzzler.  It's an easy plat but it does have some frustrating levels along the way.

S2b62c6.png

The Dreamlands - Aisling's Quest: Absolutely painful to play.  All of the controls are touch-based on Vita but it doesn't give you any indication on what can be interacted with nor does it tell you where the exits of each screen are.  I take back what I said about Demetrios.  This one is the worst adventure game I've played.

S7cc67a.png

Swordbreaker The Game:  Kinda neat!  It's like a virtual version of the old gamebooks I used to play as a kid.  Simple gameplay that comes down to making a choice based on a text box on every screen.  I guess it's probably technically a visual novel but it feels very different from the Japanese and Japanese-inspired ones that are far more common.  Worth a look!

Sb51015.png

War Theatre (Physical) - Been picking away at this one over the week.  I was fairly enthusiastic at first, even declaring it the first Luc Bernard game I've ever enjoyed but it very much overstays its welcome.  A very basic turn-based strategy game, it never ends up giving you any variety.  Maps feels the same, goals feel the same, the opening turn is always the same, it just becomes very tedious.  I find it curious that the plat rarity on the physical version is far more common than the digital NA version even though they have the same list.  I noticed the same thing on Conga Master Go.  Must be something about the people going for the physical editions and then opening them makes them more likely to finish a game?

TOTALS SINCE MARCH 30:

Platinums: 21

100%: 3

• Like 1

UPDATE

Though being a crappy :shakefist: and easy plat (yes im disgusted) i hate seeing it below 100% so the pot goes to: Blasting agent ultimate edition

And the best for last(drum roll pls):yay: a plat to cure my feeling: Gravity rush :platinum:

CURRENTLY WORKING ON: Age of zombies(simple but fun) will also be my first 100% game without a plat here

God of war collection