*No Patches for Some PS3 Games*

DeidaraTV

I don´t know if anyone has written about this, but I used to play L.A Noire and have a 1.02 patch on my game data (it is under "L.A. Noire DLC"). Now I have the "complete edition" and it doesn´t find any new updates. Checked the game code on PSN Update Finder, and there´s no patch for this version. That is OK, sometimes re-releases have different codes but use the same updates of others. However, I tried searching for the original game with original code and can´t find an update either. Perhaps the game updates in a separate name? IDK if the update was taken down or if it was part of the DLC trophy package or something.

2 minutes ago, lcvolt said:

I don´t know if anyone has written about this, but I used to play L.A Noire and have a 1.02 patch on my game data (it is under "L.A. Noire DLC"). Now I have the "complete edition" and it doesn´t find any new updates. Checked the game code on PSN Update Finder, and there´s no patch for this version. That is OK, sometimes re-releases have different codes but use the same updates of others. However, I tried searching for the original game with original code and can´t find an update either. Perhaps the game updates in a separate name? IDK if the update was taken down or if it was part of the DLC trophy package or something.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/4k4128838252k7/new-la-noire-title-update-200.html

5 hours ago, lcvolt said:

However, I tried searching for the original game with original code and can´t find an update either. Perhaps the game updates in a separate name? IDK if the update was taken down or if it was part of the DLC trophy package or something.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/4k4128838252k7/new-la-noire-title-update-200.html

I'm not exactly sure what you want or are asking for, but I have the NA disc version (BLUS-30554), which has a UPC # 710425378072, and this is the original (standard) version for PS3. I just popped the disc in, and I got an update to version 1.02 (just like on your game data, under L.A. Noire DLC). What did you mean by when you said you "tried searching for the original game with original code and can´t find an update either"? Can you go more into detail please? I didn't understand what you meant. You mean you still have the original standard version of L.A. Noire on disc, and you put it into your PS3 to check for an update, and it didn't find one? The game's last/latest update was version 1.02, so are you asking if it got updated with a new update?

16 hours ago, TigerHawk_Neo said:

I'm not exactly sure what you want or are asking for, but I have the NA disc version (BLUS-30554), which has a UPC # 710425378072, and this is the original (standard) version for PS3. I just popped the disc in, and I got an update to version 1.02 (just like on your game data, under L.A. Noire DLC). What did you mean by when you said you "tried searching for the original game with original code and can´t find an update either"? Can you go more into detail please? I didn't understand what you meant. You mean you still have the original standard version of L.A. Noire on disc, and you put it into your PS3 to check for an update, and it didn't find one? The game's last/latest update was version 1.02, so are you asking if it got updated with a new update?

I mean, i searched for the Title ID  of the original version and went to PSN update finder to see if anything existed; I assumed this software connects to PSN and checks, but perhaps is just a pirate database.

This is my concern: I played and beat the original version, with platinum. Then I got the complete edition, so I sold the regular edition. Now i´m checking game data files and it has 2 installs: 1 its the original game data, with no update. The other one says LA NOIRE DLC and that has update 1.02. IDK if I happen to delete this game data if I would be able to get the updates putting the complete edition disc on the ps3. When I insert it and manually update, it says that the latest data is installed, however, IDK if it is using the update from the other version or it has "the latest data" because there are no patches for the complete edition. Then IDK if perhaps the complete edition came patched on disc.
When I searched in PSN update finder for The LA noire code BLUS30554, it was not available, but perhaps it was a mistake i guess, cuz now it is there.
Sorry for the confusion, Im currently updating all my games and i´m in a little bit of trouble researching.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Zero_Ace said:

I am trying to play Socom Special Forces (EU). The game wont find any update and crashes in the first mission loading. Anyone with the same problem?

The patches for this game are very buggy so have to be installed in a certain way to prevent issues - see here for more info: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/147265-socom-initial-install-issue/

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The patches for this game are very buggy so have to be installed in a certain way to prevent issues - see here for more info: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/147265-socom-initial-install-issue/

Thanks for the Link. But already tried out multiple fix sugestions without success. I even started a custom game to see if the game works properly. In custom Missions plays fine, no loading freeze. I think the campaign needs the patches to be playable. The problem is the game wont detect any patch and says it is updated (1.0ver) i Have the EU disc Version and i know there are 4 patches, and i dont get any notification for a update, only the progress bar for the hdd game data install. 

Edited by Zero_Ace

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought LOTR: Aragorn´s Quest and it doesn´t update on my ps3. My copy came from canada, and it may have french language. Using PSN update finder I see that the regular version does have a 685 MB update. IDK if the french one was published later so no need for update or what. Anyone can confirm this game needs an update or if its available for ps3?

• 1 month later...

@DeidaraTV

I can FINALLY confirm that:
White Knight Chronicles (EU, Disc) - BCES00225
Can download again the latest patch update which is version 1.01

!!!
You cannot update the game from the main PS3 XMB Menu. In order to get the patch you need to enter the game and the game will start the download and install the patch.

1 hour ago, DevaizterISR said:

@DeidaraTV

!!!
You cannot update the game from the main PS3 XMB Menu. In order to get the patch you need to enter the game and the game will start the download and install the patch.

Man, i hate that system... very few games use this. Like Haze and Armored Core For Answer. The former doesn't even install if you already installed any DLC.

• Like 1

On 22/8/2021 at 6:45 PM, DevaizterISR said:

@DeidaraTV

!!!

Awesome

• 1 month later...

@DeidaraTV Hello friend, this lack of game updates I noticed months ago and registered on this forum after several Brazilian sites talk about this problem. These 2 games do not appear updates:

Name: Infamous

Region Code: 2 (Europe)

Game code: BCES 00609/P

Name: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi

Region code: 2 (Europe)

Game code: BLUS 30823

Could you tell me if they NEVER had updates or if the issue affected the titles?

27 minutes ago, VICTORHUGOBRAZIL said:

@DeidaraTV Hello friend, this lack of game updates I noticed months ago and registered on this forum after several Brazilian sites talk about this problem. These 2 games do not appear updates:

Name: Infamous

Region Code: 2 (Europe)

Game code: BCES 00609/P

Name: Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi

Region code: 2 (Europe)

Game code: BLUS 30823

Could you tell me if they NEVER had updates or if the issue affected the titles?

Infamous never got any patches in any region AFAIK.

On 18/04/2021 at 3:54 PM, KentaZXi said:

sorry if this been asked before, but does anyone know a site that actually shows ALL PS3 game updates thats ever been made? Considering what happened earlier, I don't exactly trust the ps3's "this game is already in the latest version" message and I wanted to know if any of these games here EVER got a patch: 

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi

I've had this game since 2012 (region code Europe, code version BLUS 30823) and it had a patch released by Bandai, but now it doesn't appear anymore. I sent an email to the developer and they didn't pay attention to my request.

They said the game license expired so they wouldn't help me

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Infamous never got any patches in any region AFAIK.

Sorry, but you are mistaken!

There was, on this site it appears that a version of Infamous even had an update patch https://store.brewology.com/updates.php?letters=ghi.

This site is very reliable because several games I checked were with the same versions on this site.

8 hours ago, VICTORHUGOBRAZIL said:

I've had this game since 2012 (region code Europe, code version BLUS 30823) and it had a patch released by Bandai, but now it doesn't appear anymore. I sent an email to the developer and they didn't pay attention to my request.

There was, on this site it appears that a version of Infamous even had an update patch https://store.brewology.com/updates.php?letters=ghi.

This site is very reliable because several games I checked were with the same versions on this site.

I had the EU version in early 2010 and to the best of my knowledge, no patch was available at that time but it's possible one showed up after I sold the game. Also, that link appears to be for the US version of the game - not the EU release.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

9 hours ago, VICTORHUGOBRAZIL said:

Ultimate Tenkaichi never got a patch for any region

Also only the EU version of infamous got an update, and all it added was english to the available languages

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...