Y U no ban reported cheaters?

ScooloV
Go to solution Solved by AlteredFormula,

As u may know, I'm trying to keep leaderboards clean and sometimes reporting lots of cheaters (especially top-rated ones). But since last month there is huge delay between me reporting someone and that guy is actually got kicked from leaderboards.

E.g.:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/731-LittleBigPlanet2/Molojaviy - like this guy (platted in 27 minutes)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/299-Call-of-Duty-Classic/dmron&order=date#content - like that one (berlin walkthrough finished before others).

And many many more, who were reported like weeks ago, but still in "clean" rankings.

Is there any explanation for this? May be change of policy? Or you have no time for that? Cause I can offer my help for PSNP cheaters filtering.

As I know, Sly is not only one person to filter that reports. There were several other moderators, who had the same privileges, or they are busy too?)

In fact PSNP can add ~5 filters to block 80%+ of all cheaters, but Sly isn't interested in that kind of "witch hunt".

I understand there are a few leaderboard Bruce Wayne's - but patience is a virtue, not a bad thing.

Mods have lives too, so cannot be asked to spend all their time checking cheater requests - well actually you could ask them, but I'm pretty sure I know what their answer will be.

• Like 2

Be patient, we will get there.

Sometimes it just takes too long (like I said, more than a week passed), so I wondered if something changed. And 60% of all reports could be filtered automatically (like LPB2 one, platinum less than in 24 hrs => autoban etc.), why won't you do like that?

Sometimes it just takes too long (like I said, more than a week passed), so I wondered if something changed. And 60% of all reports could be filtered automatically (like LPB2 one, platinum less than in 24 hrs => autoban etc.), why won't you do like that?

Not trying to sound like a dick but why does it bother you so much and how does it directly affect you and your gaming besides your leaderboard spot? The time reporting cheaters could be spent gaming instead. The guys here said they get onto the reports, if it takes them 1 day or 1 year at least they don't ignore it like most other sites.

To be quite frank people who complain about cheaters annoy me more than cheaters themselves (Although I'm not agreeing with cheaters), cheaters in every part of life will never disappear so I just choose to enjoy my gaming and life and not let shit like that bother me.

Please don't take offensive to this, its just my opinion.

• Like 2

I cant actually speak for Sly, because I don't understand the genius that goes on behind that Helghast helmet.

I know there are some things that are autoflagged for the system, but I'm unaware of what parameters are in place.  I know that some games have had to be removed from the autoban procedure due to known exploits rather than hacks.  Once he's finished looking at lolcatswalkinglikehoomans.com, I'm sure he will grace you with a 3 word reply that not only explains it all, but makes me feel like a dumbass.

• Like 2

Not trying to sound like a dick but why does it bother you so much and how does it directly affect you and your gaming besides your leaderboard spot? The time reporting cheaters could be spent gaming instead.

I spend so little time in reporting and related stuff, it doesn't affect my gaming at all (as you can see in my profile).

I think it's more philisophy question. Beating trophies is like sport to many gamers, and you know sport doping is a huge problem in every part of it. Why should someone bother that, banning lots of sportsmen, making tons of analysis before any big competition? Because that gives them unfair advantage, and the whole idea of sport is in fair play. The same goes here, hacking trophies is destroying idea of trophies. That's the reason, if not me, then who else would make this world better? ^^

I know there are some things that are autoflagged for the system, but I'm unaware of what parameters are in place.  I know that some games have had to be removed from the autoban procedure due to known exploits rather than hacks.

As I searched through this forum, I found only two types of "flags". First for getting platinum faster than 25 minutes, second - for requesting too many users updates at once. Edited by ScooloV

I spend so little time in reporting and related stuff, it doesn't affect my gaming at all (as you can see in my profile).

I think it's more philisophy question. Beating trophies is like sport to many gamers, and you know sport doping is a huge problem in every part of it. Why should someone bother that, banning lots of sportsmen, making tons of analysis before any big competition? Because that gives them unfair advantage, and the whole idea of sport is in fair play. The same goes here, hacking trophies is destroying idea of trophies. That's the reason, if not me, then who else would make this world better? ^^

Sorry but you can't really compare trophy hunting to sport, doping etc is generally only a problem in professional sport, do you get paid to collect trophies? I highly doubt it so you cant really compare the two at all. I have nothing against you I just don't agree with the big deal that's being made on your part.

As for your reporting and profile I was only speaking in my opinion, I have no idea how much free time you have but with my job/life/wife etc sitting there reporting cheaters would definitely chew into time I could spend gaming

Hacking will always be a part of trophies and Sony and will never go away, be thankful that this site actually makes some attempt to remove them from the leaderboards.

Edited by Simpo

Hacking will always be a part of trophies and Sony and will never go away, be thankful that this site actually makes some attempt to remove them from the leaderboards.

And doping will be always part of sport, corruption part of politics and life is always not fair :D

I like Sly's policy about cheaters and only want to make it better.