Saves getting corrupted

BMJ2K7

I got that same problem. I think I figured out why that happens, though. 

When you're playing multiplayer your game LOVES to crash. And when it crashes, it seems to corrupt your save every time.

Possible solution: Play through the single player without accessing multiplayer.

EDIT: I have a PS4 disc, and my save corrupted twice yesterday. Haven't played single player since.

Edited by Kirbz

I have the digital download version of COD Ghosts. Currently I haven't had any issues but I also haven't played multiplayer yet on it. I'm currently letting my son play Ghosts on his PS3 while I've been spending quality time with Warframe.

It seems that this problem has been posted by several Battlefield users so I'd have to vote it is mostly a PS4 digital game issue but with the PS4 contributing a small bit of a problem with it.

It has nothing to do with the digital version, as people with the physical are having the same problem. 

And what would PS4 have to do with PC gamers having the same exact issue? I mean,this may have something to do with PS4 launching, but EA/DICE messed this game up a lot.

This is across all platforms BTW.

As said, EA are saying that the PS4 update 1.50 is to blame for the freezing and corrupted data. The game is experiencing these same problems across all platforms, even PC so to me it seems like more of an issue with the game and not the PS4, especially since other PS4 games are running just fine without freezing and crashing. 

Parker

My game save (profile) file has been getting corrupted since before the PS 1.51 patch.  And it was happening from the beginning.  They can blame anyone that they want but with the myriad of problems with Battlefield 4 I still keep the blame with them.  My girlfriend has been playing Assassins Creed 4 on our PS4 and has had to game save problems before and after the latest patch.  So if there IS some conflict due to the 1.51 firmware update then EA/DICE should have used whatever method Ubisoft used since AC4 seems to have no problem with their saves.

My workaround (which so far has worked) is to play to a point where the game saves (good job EA/DICE of not allowing the player to save from the pause menu) and you're about to stop playing, hit the PS button, go to Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage (top one of the three options) -> Upload to Online Storage (top option again) -> Click on the Battlefield 4TM Profile file (should be 19 megs) -> Select it (click X button) and go down to Upload. 

This will put your working profile/game save data file in cloud storage.  Of course for this to work you'd have to have a PSN Plus account to use cloud storage.  WARNING:  Do not have the game save to the cloud because if the file gets corrupted then it will likely upload the corrupted file thereby negating your effort.

The next time that you boot up the Battlefield 4 game application and try to enter the campaign hopefully the RESUME option will be available.  If not (because your save/profile file got corrupted if you have previously played the campaign), then:

Hit PS button -> Settings -> Application Saved Data in Online Storage (the second option) -> Download to System Storage -> Select the Battlefield 4 PROFILE SAVE DATA file) -> Click Download .  Your PS4 will ask you if you want to overwrite the file saved on the HDD which you will so select "Yes" button and it will save the (HOPEFULLY!) non-corrupted file you saved to the cloud.  You can then get back into the Battlefield 4 app.

Of course this requires extra steps on the player's part but I had to do something to avoid replaying every mission every time.  Especially when I had collected all available weapons in a mission (so earned the associated Trophies) but had to pick up all of the weapons again anyway to have them appear in the weapons caches.  So basically you want to make sure that you save a working game save/profile data file to the cloud before it gets corrupted and download as is necessary when you want to play.  

I'm praying for a prompt release of a patch to end having to be so damned vigilant with game saves but in the meantime I am hoping that my method continues to work so that I can finish the campaign!

Luckily your stats for MP are saved on EA servers so that even if a file gets corrupted then you do not lose all of the weapons/attachments/gadgets that you've unlocked.  If only they handled game saves in the same manor.  Even if the game relies primarily on the save file on the HDD it could look to the EA server to see how far you had gotten into the campaign and what you had unlocked.  Even if it at least saved the weapons you unlocked in the campaign then you would have the more "powerful" or your favorite weapons to use available when replaying missions.

As said, EA are saying that the PS4 update 1.50 is to blame for the freezing and corrupted data. The game is experiencing these same problems across all platforms, even PC so to me it seems like more of an issue with the game and not the PS4, especially since other PS4 games are running just fine without freezing and crashing. 

Parker

I believe EA has since withdrawn that claim as it clear is NOT what is causing the save issues (BF4 is broken on any platform at the moment)