DrBloodmoney's Super Scientific Ranking of Games!

DrBloodmoney

Just now, HelixNebula_x said:

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on Chained Echoes, it's been on my wishlist for a while.

Well.... if you put any kind of stock in my opinions, I imagine I'll be helping to reduce the size of your Wishlist by 1....

• Haha 4

I saw that Immortality entered your top 20 and then saw that you are refusing to spoil it during your review, and so to avoid having any expectations when I get around to playing it I'm going to stay away from actually reading your review so I can go in completely fresh (I have a big problem with spoiling things I play/watch because I want to see what others think about it before I even finish it and I'm trying really hard to fix this problem of mine).

Also, now that you're caught up, I would like to request a analysis on Another World, a game that I myself have played long after it came out and as such was more disappointed in the length of the game than I probably would have been if I played it back when it came out (if that makes sense).

• Like 3

On 2/22/2024 at 11:55 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

Immortality a heck of a game, and is, therefore, the first in a while to enter the Scientific Top 20...

Dang! Hot diggity. 

On 2/22/2024 at 11:55 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

These are real-life actors, playing live-action characters, and by looking directly at us in their more "unguarded" moments, the natural human feelings of connection and empathy kick in. It's easy, when watching a character, to feel detached and "once-removed" from them and their plight...
...but when the actor playing that character breaks character, and smiles, or looks sad, of forlorn, or upset, or scared - and does it directly to us, the fact that they are, themselves, a character, becomes largely immaterial - once we have bought into the fiction that we are, ourselves, the archivist, those "actor" characters are now "real people" - the people behind the characters, and feel on the same level as us.

This reminds me of Inscryption. I got so bought into the "game within the game" when my character played Lemmy's adventure, that when that game within the game was interrupted or when I would lose, then camera would tilt upwards and I'd move my character as if I was moving myself. Feels kind of like a brainhack or hypnosis, somehow. 

• Like 3