Now is impossible to play this game.. Error ( CE-34878-0)

Xz_GrayWolf_zX

• 2 weeks later...

I had something similar when I attempted to start Darkest Dungeon after not playing it for a year (kept it installed however). It kept immediately crashing after starting it (not even making it past the splash screen) and giving me error CE-34878-0. It started working again after the pending update downloaded and installed, but I have no idea why it refused to start on that particular version when it was working prior.

As @HuntingFever suggested, try installing the game without any patches (if you have it digitally, there is a way to get 1.00 games, there's a thread about it on these forums) and see if it works after that, if it isn't something you've tried already. Or, failing that, make sure it's currently up to date. Only other thing I can suggest if it still refuses to work is contacting the devs.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

I had something similar when I attempted to start Darkest Dungeon after not playing it for a year (kept it installed however). It kept immediately crashing after starting it (not even making it past the splash screen) and giving me error CE-34878-0. It started working again after the pending update downloaded and installed, but I have no idea why it refused to start on that particular version when it was working prior.

As @HuntingFever suggested, try installing the game without any patches (if you have it digitally, there is a way to get 1.00 games, there's a thread about it on these forums) and see if it works after that, if it isn't something you've tried already. Or, failing that, make sure it's currently up to date. Only other thing I can suggest if it still refuses to work is contacting the devs.

I wrote to the developer Maximum Games a couple of days ago and they told me this :

Thanks for writing to us. Sorry that you've encountered this issue! We are working with Sony to fix it as the issue was caused by their recent firmware update. We've requested it to be fixed on their side and are waiting for feedback.
Thank you for your patience and apologies again for this issue.
Sincerely,

Modus Support

With this patch is impossible to play this game , how can i use the previous patch?
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Xz_GrayWolf_zX said:

I wrote to the developer Maximum Games a couple of days ago and they told me this :

Thanks for writing to us. Sorry that you've encountered this issue! We are working with Sony to fix it as the issue was caused by their recent firmware update. We've requested it to be fixed on their side and are waiting for feedback.

Sincerely,

Modus Support

With this patch is impossible to play this game , how can i use the previous patch?

You can't. Firmware updates are permanent and can't be removed once installed so unfortunately, you're screwed and can only wait until either the devs release a patch or Sony releases another firmware update :(.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Xz_GrayWolf_zX said:

Sincerely,

Modus Support

It's certainly concerning to know that a system update can render a game unplayable like this. Hopefully it does get fixed, but given that the game is kinda niche/unpopular, there's a decent chance it may not be. Though that could result in some legal action if anyone is willing to pursue that (either the devs, publishers or customers), so it's beneficial for everyone's sakes that this issue gets resolved ASAP.

Makes me wonder if this is what happened with Darkest Dungeon with me a few years back, perhaps it was rendered unplayable on its previous version due to a system update. Yet another worrisome thing to perhaps be thrown into the gaming preservation discussion that's being going on of late thanks to the (now reversed) closure of the PS3/Vita stores.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
Typo
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

It's certainly concerning to know that a system update can render a game unplayable like this. Hopefully it does get fixed, but given that the game is kinda nihce/unpopular, there's a decent chance it may not be. Though that could result in some legal action if anyone is willing to pursue that (either the devs, publishers or customers), so it's beneficial for everyone's sakes that this issue gets resolved ASAP.

Makes me wonder if this is what happened with Darkest Dungeon with me a few years back, perhaps it was rendered unplayable on its previous version due to a system update. Yet another worrisome thing to perhaps be thrown into the gaming preservation discussion that's being going on of late thanks to the (now reversed) closure of the PS3/Vita stores.

The Handsome Collection was affected by a couple of bad Firmware updates that caused it to lock up in certain parts of each game when using certain weapons but fortunately the problem was eventually fixed - though it was annoying as hell until the patch was released. The PS3 version of Uncharted 1 was rendered unplayable by the 2.00 firmware update but that problem was never 100% fixed. Resistance 3 lost its servers because of a bad firmware update, though they were supposed to close anyway and the firmware update just accelerated the inevitable.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The Handsome Collection was affected by a couple of bad Firmware updates that caused the game to lock up in certain parts of each game when using certain weapons but fortunately the problem was eventually fixed - though it was annoying as hell until the patch was released. The PS3 version of Uncharted 1 was rendered unplayable by the 2.00 firmware update but that problem was never 100% fixed. Resistance 3 lost its servers because of a bad firmware update, though they were supposed to close anyway and the firmware update just accelerated the inevitable.

I know the PS4 version of Uncharted has issues with crashing (I think it's related to the online leaderboards, it's apparently fine when playing offline), but I never knew the PS3 version had that issue.

I've always viewed patches and system updates as kind of a double edged sword; they can fix certain issues, add new features, and offer new content, but they also have the chance of breaking things, sometimes irreparably. Almost makes me miss the PS2 days and earlier when once a game was out, that was it. You didn't need to worry about a game being made unplayable due to an update. If a game had game breaking glitches though, those would forever be in the game (unless a new version was released later, but then you'd have to buy the game again).

At least on PC it's usually not impossible or difficult to roll back updates, for games or the OS. Sometimes wish it wasn't so mandatory on consoles.

• Like 1

There is something I don't understand. 

The developers said that the game doesn't work now because of the firmware update? So basically we have to wait for Sony to make a new one? 

Isn't something they do like, once a year? We have to wait months for playing a game that we bought? 

This is absurd. 

50 minutes ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

The developers said that the game doesn't work now because of the firmware update? So basically we have to wait for Sony to make a new one? 

Isn't something they do like, once a year? We have to wait months for playing a game that we bought? 

This is absurd. 

Yes, this is the sad truth unfortunately .. we have to wait for a new patch to play this game.. This is ridiculous.. I don't know how long it will take, I hope as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

This is absurd. 

It's really bizarre to me how a system update can prevent a game from working.  Definitely my first time ever hearing of this. Hopefully it isn't something that becomes more common in the future.

We usually get incremental updates every few months (we got 6 updates in 2020 I believe), but I'm sure they're not going to prioritise a new update just for (presumably) one game, not unless it was something super popular anyway, like Fortnite or something. Hopefully whenever the next system update comes out, it does fix this issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh damn it....was letting it rest till I was determined enough to finish it without getting triggered by the crashes, well fuck, now can't even play it. Don't mind waiting for something fixing it, just wanting to actually happen.

11 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Has anyone tried playing offline, and those having issues have you ever changed your PSN ID? 

The game doesn't work online and offline..  for fix this we have to wait a new patch.

It's really absurd to spend money on a game and not be able to play it ?

• Like 1

Guys i have some important news, today i've received this important email from developer Maximum Support: 

Hi Simo 3536,

Sony gave us an update stating that it will be fixed towards the end of June / early July. All you will need to do around that time is boot Alekhine's Gun and an system update will be pushed to your PS4. Please check around July 4th for the fix.

Thanks for your continued patience!

Sincerely,

Modus Support

[email protected]

https://modusgames.com/support/

Good news, i hope it will really fixed on July ?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Rejim said:

Ohh great! And then fast to get the plat before it may fail again.

Thanks for your effort 1f642.png

Yes ? Maybe they will fix all that stupid crashes in this  game not only that error

It will become one of the most beautiful games for Playstation ahaha

• Like 1