Sad you need to skip a game you like due to a cheap Platinum

I like these kind of games, and most importantly I wish to support them. I own a Steam group since the moment they started to release eroge there dedicated to these kind of games to review them, give them visibility and because I love to play them, Norn / Miel, the Japanese company besides the designs of this game always send us their new releases published by Cherry Kiss Games, but I hate what East Asia Soft does with the platinums, it makes you not feeling too good about playing or getting their games.

I'm sure the game itself must be pretty short, just like 'Delicious! Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire' that if I recall correctly you didn't even get a trophy for the last stage of each girl, and the secret characters didn't even have trophies at all, still I did the 100% because that's why I got the game, I wanted to see the girls in all their outfits. In this Poker one, they don't even have different outfits so I think I'll pass.

I like how these type of games we saw a lot on Saturn by the great Tsukasa Jun along many other visual novels no different from the PC version looks like they're making it back to consoles little by little, but I wish they trusted more their product and didn't base their sales on releasing multiple regions with a cheap Platinum, in fact due to the lenght of the game and the fact you can do it on easy mode it shouldn't even have a platinum and instead just being an arcade.

So what would you guys do, if you like the game and art but are against these kind of cheap Platinum strategies?

Edited by YonahFuriae
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

If I like it for what it is, I'd just play it not for the platinum...if one worries about what others think are on their profile, then play it on another "secret" profile. One can still enjoy the game as it is, without a real care of platinum or not.

Don't care about that, I'm proud about my profile since I play everything I like, which usually are games I know I can't Platinum, like Ninja Gaiden, Shmups -can't wait for Deahtsmiles- or 2D fightning games, what I'm concerned about is the company thinking they're getting the money because their Plat strategy but I want to give it to them because I like the game, and also wish they at least made you play all the content of their games to get the Platinum.

On 360, which I just played during 2 years, I had around 80% working towards 100% completion with over 100 games, and that didn't stop me from playing every Cave shmup, in fact the difficulty and challenge is the main reason Ninja Gaiden got my interest, having games and genres you love with a super challenging Platinum is great, since you can have fun mastering them and will feel great once you achieve it. Don't get why these "hardcore" trophy hunters ironically love these easy stacks instead of a challenge, for someone that should be proud of their profile. Maybe at that point trophies are just an addiction, to the point we see companies securing their sales by taking advantage of that addiction.

• Like 2

I know how you feel here. These Pretty Girls games are right up my alley and would have been an instant buy in a Steam sale if I was playing there instead of PlayStation. However I absolutely do not like the this current trend of giving all Golds and a Plat for games that are 2/10 at best. I wish these games would have released with appropriate 100% lists that fully explored the game instead. I'd love to wear these games on my profile as a weeby badge of honor, but when people are clearing them in 10 minutes and skipping all of the gameplay it turns them into cheap farming trinkets at best. I'm not adding new games to my profile right now so I have plenty of time to think about what I want to do, but right now I'd say I'm a bit conflicted with the whole thing and unsure if I want to financially support what I believe to be something doing more bad for the hobby overall than good.

• Like 4

I love me some dumb fan service.  And it's weird, I never really put that much thought into it.  I'm like, "I may have 54% completion, but at least I don't have easy Trophy games like Mayo."  So yeah.  I'd normally be the intended audience for this type of game, but not this time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/05/2021 at 7:38 AM, YonahFuriae said:

what I'm concerned about is the company thinking they're getting the money because their Plat strategy but I want to give it to them because I like the game, and also wish they at least made you play all the content of their games to get the Platinum.

Honestly, the company won't care why they get your money, just as long as they do get it.

It's funny how I made a separate post to ask something about the game, since this one was already done and is unrelated so it needed another title, and then we got a new answer here xD

So I take the chance, if anyone here played it, I'd appreciate if I can get an answer to this: 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...