Is it worth bringing over a maxed out Shep?

Ok so I completed mass effect 1 did every sidequest everything but I only got to level 27 or 28 on the new leveling curve or lvl 55 of the original curve. Which means I think is start at lvl 4 with some money and such in mass effect 2. I'd need to do another complete 100% playthrough making all the same choices to max out my Shep in m.e 1 to bring over to start with a lvl 5 in m.e 2 and more money and such

So my question is is the extra level and money worth another long playthrough just for 2 more m.e 1 levels to bring over to m.e 2 and have the few extra goodies or should I just scrap it and go for what I can get off importing my current Shep?

4 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Ok so I completed mass effect 1 did every sidequest everything but I only got to level 27 or 28 on the new leveling curve or lvl 55 of the original curve. Which means I think is start at lvl 4 with some money and such in mass effect 2. I'd need to do another complete 100% playthrough making all the same choices to max out my Shep in m.e 1 to bring over to start with a lvl 5 in m.e 2 and more money and such

So my question is is the extra level and money worth another long playthrough just for 2 more m.e 1 levels to bring over to m.e 2 and have the few extra goodies or should I just scrap it and go for what I can get off importing my current Shep?

No it's not worth another full playthrough, if you do everything in Mass Effect 2 you'll be max level before you ever get all of the loyalty missions finished. 

41 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

No it's not worth another full playthrough, if you do everything in Mass Effect 2 you'll be max level before you ever get all of the loyalty missions finished. 

It's still confusing me how I did everything in mass effect 1 even killed everything in foot (including those blasted thresher maws) and I'm still like 300,000 XP from lvl 30 I'm hoping mass effect 2 is more generous with xp

I finished part 1 at level 57 (55 right big boss fight) which put me at level 5. The more important thing is the money and materials you bring in as well as the bonus skill you can start with (which can be very helpful doing Insanity depending on class). You get turned loose early and have access to tons of vendors with helpful stuff. There's no lack of things that'll give you exp in ME2 and you'll hit the level cap easily. The cap is 30 in ME2 and I can't remember for sure, but I think I hit it before I even had all the crew members. 

Edited by nyarLOLhotep

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get to level 30 in ME1 in one playthrough. I did absolutely everything and finished at level 29. I did get all the "maxed out" bonuses in ME2 though (10K of each resource etc.), so I guess 29 is enough. If you're starting out at level 4, it's definitely not worth another playthrough.

Btw. they removed the EXP reduction for mako kills in the Legendary Edition. Also, the amount of credits you get when importing your ME1 Shepard is no longer fixed. It's actually 10% of your total credits (+ the import bonus). I started ME2 with over 1 million credits lol.

• Like 1

I was started at level 4 with import save in 2. I hit level 30 well before going through the Omega 4 Relay. Unlike ME1, ME2 does not give XP for kills, it is only a quest reward, so leveling is a lot more consistent between players. You'll be more than fine with what you have from a 95+% ME1 save.

Edited by communistwookiee

57 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

I was started at level 4 with import save in 2. I hit level 30 well before going through the Omega 4 Relay. Unlike ME1, ME2 does not give XP for kills, it is only a quest reward, so leveling is a lot more consistent between players. You'll be more than fine with what you have from a 95+% ME1 save.

Well I'm sitting at level 27 I think which translates to lvl 55 or so in the original leveling so hopefully that's good enough to atleast give me lvl 4 to start I dunno how the heck people are at lvl 29 or 30 I killed absolutely everything did every single assignment and mission the long way for more exp unlocked every container and computer manually scanned and mined every planet I literally did every single thing mass effect offered lol but if hitting the level cap is that easy in 2 and everything's pretty 3asy going I guess I'll be fine I can do everything on easy for 2 and 3 except the trophy's that demand I do something on normal like one and only but I hear that can be cheesed by switching the difficulty right before I kill the final enemy

On 29/05/2021 at 8:29 AM, ShadowReplicant said:

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get to level 30 in ME1 in one playthrough. I did absolutely everything and finished at level 29. 

Its not impossible. i ended at level 57. Thats doing every mission basically. Enough to get the completionist trophy. I also played on normal.

Carry over to 2 gave me credits, resources, and start at level 4. 

after I plat all 3 games, ill rush them in Insanity NG+ runs just doing main missions. No sides at all lol.

Edited by Infected Elite

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

Its not impossible. i ended at level 57. Thats doing every mission basically. Enough to get the completionist trophy. I also played on normal.

Carry over to 2 gave me credits, resources, and start at level 4. 

after I plat all 3 games, ill rush them in Insanity NG+ runs just doing main missions. No sides at all lol.

We are using the new legendary level system which only goes to 30 but using the old system 30=60 so lvl 27 is around 57 in the old system not sure on the math

• Like 1

Ok, so I'm doing my Insanity playthrough. I decided to really go for max level in one playthrough to see if I could. It's looking pretty good. I'm already a higher level than I was when I finished my Hardcore playthrough and I still have Bring Down the Sky, Ilos, and the last part to go. I'm currently level 28 with lots of high exp stuff to do. Pretty sure I'll hit 30 before I even get to the big bad.

Edited by nyarLOLhotep

37 minutes ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

Ok, so I'm doing my Insanity playthrough. I decided to really go for max level in one playthrough to see if I could. It's looking pretty good. I'm already a higher level than I was when I finished my Hardcore playthrough and I still have Bring Down the Sky, Ilos, and the last part to go. I'm currently level 28 with lots of high exp stuff to do. Pretty sure I'll hit 30 before I even get to the big bad.

I did pretty much 100% of the content on Insanity, including scanning all resources on all planets, killing all the thresher maws etc. and finished the game at level 29. I think you need 200k EXP to go from 29 to 30. If you hit level 29 somewhere around Ilos, it's already too late.

On 6/1/2021 at 8:11 PM, ShadowReplicant said:

I did pretty much 100% of the content on Insanity, including scanning all resources on all planets, killing all the thresher maws etc. and finished the game at level 29. I think you need 200k EXP to go from 29 to 30. If you hit level 29 somewhere around Ilos, it's already too late.

Agreed, I had the same experience, that last hurdle of 29 to 30 is too big for the end game. I missed maybe 5 side quests and still needed over 200k by the time I made it to the final fight. The only way I think it could be done, is if there is an area of infinitely spawning enemies where you can grind that out but I don't recall one. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 7:49 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

It's still confusing me how I did everything in mass effect 1 even killed everything in foot (including those blasted thresher maws) and I'm still like 300,000 XP from lvl 30 I'm hoping mass effect 2 is more generous with xp

Killing everything on foot no longer gives more xp.  That's one of the things they changed.  Mako now gives the full xp you'd get for killing anything on foot in the original version.  I did everything except a couple of fights that charm checks avoid and still ended at level 29/30, 57/60.  I never had issues getting to 30 in ME2 from what I recall.  Just past Horizon and did one dossier after, I'm like level 14 or 15 iirc.

Edited by Snake2410