Long range menace?

Sinthoras_96

• 1 year later...

They must have fixed this trophy because I got a kill at 65m with the crossbowman and it didn't pop. I found that walking past 70 meters makes you start deserting the match most of the time, so if anyone has any tips on this one let me know!

Just got it, 128 meters too. Someone on the other team went AFK and I was able to snipe them from across a map.

Edited by LLJK-Boinks

• 5 months later...

The desert team object map, The Breach Of Baudwyn, is a good place to do this as a defender. The attackers spawn in an open area that is very visible at the start when they are pushing the ramps up. Stand behind the second balista (its on the left when facing the attackers spawn) and look for an afk player. I used a crossbow, but the warbow would be good as well.

• Like 1

I got this easily on Coxwell. It can be done at the beginning of the match. Play as the defenders and wait till the AI destroy the middle gate. Most of the matches I played on Coxwell the AI simply bunch up at the middle gate. There should be a large flag pole that overlooks the middle gate. You will have to be a few meters behind that flag pole. You will easily see the AI at the gate making it easier to get a kill. The only downside to this method is the resupply box is quite far away.

I recommend using the crossbow as it's easier to aim and the bolt travels through targets, plus a headshot is an instant kill unlike the standard bow.

• 2 weeks later...

Others have mentioned it, but I was only able to get this in a public match against an enemy AFK player. Usually you can find one or two in each map. I also leveled up archer to level 4 to unlock the crossbow, but then when you get to a big open map, just fire an arrow/bolt to the enemy side, use arrow cam (L3 + Square) to follow the arrow, and adjust your aim towards an AFK player. I spent hours trying to get it against bots with no luck. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

29 minutes ago, PunishedSnake103 said:

This trophy is driving me absolutely mental, I've tried the Coxwell way and there's only 12 bots when you play offline and they always seem to run around and dodge the arrows, it's an absolute joke of a trophy 

Just boost it. Find a friend, go into the arena with the horses (the coliseum FFA map where you spawn in on the horses). Hop off the horse (can't be moving or something), , pick up a bow off the wall on the side, line up your friend across the way (doesn't have the be the full map, you'll need to coordinate cause the bow can't shoot the full distance).

Have them stand still and fire, making small adjustments until it hits twice, killing them. Should take no more than 10 minutes (likely 5) of trying for both partners to succeed in earning the trophy.

On 5/8/2023 at 12:28 PM, RaidenXS said:

Is this boostable?

yes, recommended even

41 minutes ago, PunishedSnake103 said:

This trophy is driving me absolutely mental, I've tried the Coxwell way and there's only 12 bots when you play offline and they always seem to run around and dodge the arrows, it's an absolute joke of a trophy 

Maybe I was lucky but the video included in the guide worked well for me, I got it within 5 minutes. It uses the Fall of Lionspire map.

4 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

Maybe I was lucky but the video included in the guide worked well for me, I got it within 5 minutes. It uses the Fall of Lionspire map.

I've tried this to no avail.

Extremely frustrating, it seems there is never enough bots, they're non existent when I'm firing at that area

4 minutes ago, PunishedSnake103 said:

I've tried this to no avail.

Extremely frustrating, it seems there is never enough bots, they're non existent when I'm firing at that area

That's a shame, I guess it must be heavily luck based. I know you usually can't kill them instantly, you have to get lucky that they're already damaged either by you or another bot. Though probably the easiest way is just to boost it as Charles mentioned.

I'll stop whinging now I managed to get it on lionspire but not by the statue as the video suggests.

For anyone reading this in my position, go further towards the gate and there's some wooden signs, stand just slightly to the right and fire directly into the middle of your screen, I managed to get one guy at 91m so I knew I had to move back ever so slightly then just spammed arrows in and got it.

Thank god for that, i was losing my mind, now I can just enjoy the game at my own pace

9 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

That's a shame, I guess it must be heavily luck based. I know you usually can't kill them instantly, you have to get lucky that they're already damaged either by you or another bot. Though probably the easiest way is just to boost it as Charles mentioned.