Easy way to get the return policy trophy

A bit of an annoying trophy to do in the arena. I found the following method to work really well:

Take the void weapon into challenge mode (new game +). You can always do this from the main menu with your initial completed save, even if you've already started challenge mode once.

Kill the very first enemy in the game with the return bullets (at the parade). He stays in the same spot, so you can back away far enough in case you accidentally upgraded the shield blast (like I did).

Reload the checkpoint.

Repeat :-)

Edited by ZankaiPowaa
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

The first challenge was easy enough to do it on

If you fully upgraded this weapon along the way, the arena is an annoying spot to grind this trophy. I read a YouTube comment earlier advising tutorial enemies in NG+ and this is how I did it, the same strategy as OP has written above. Works great.

1 hour ago, xIRockyRock said:

If you fully upgraded this weapon along the way, the arena is an annoying spot to grind this trophy. I read a YouTube comment earlier advising tutorial enemies in NG+ and this is how I did it, the same strategy as OP has written above. Works great.

Yeah fair enough. I heard on a few guides upgrading the weapon makes it trickier to get the trophy

1 hour ago, Bongo Cat said:

What's up with the upgrade? Does it works better if the weapon is upgraded?

Mine must be lvl 2 or 3... is it doable or should I fully upgrade it now?

You have to get it to level 5 to even start working on the trophy.  The upgrades people are talking about are the ones you buy with raritanium. I upgraded mine so it uses less ammo when bullets hit it, blasts use less ammo, and I got the max ammo increases. Made it really easy to get in the first arena.  Only did it twice. The only upgrade I see that would make it more difficult would be the one that increases it's range.  That is one of the gold ones you have to surround to unlock.  The others only say they increase it's width, which shouldn't increase the range.

• Like 1

I did it without upgrades but because of that I found the first challenge an annoying one to do it. I only got 1 or 2 each time I played the challenge. Mainly because something was able to hit me while I had my shield activated (getting it purple took quite long) or because I just missed my shot.

Then I read about the silver challenge named 'Pest Control' being easier for this and I can only agree. For the first wave of enemies you only have small flying enemies shooting at you and which can't interrupt you when you're holding your shield. On top of that there's quite a lot of them so the shield charges fast and when I shot it I even killed multiple enemies that way. 2nd shot already gave me the trophy after having done 5-6 in the first challenge..

Edited by Kolm

16 hours ago, Auto-Tomato said:

This.

Collect the gold bolts and turn on infinite ammo, use the arena.  The weapon does need to be level 5 for kills to count.

+1 ... takes around 10-15 mins doing it this way. Just make sure you keep moving while keeping your shield up. You lose your shield and all your charges if you get melee'ed.

A trick I noticed as I was working towards the trophy was to back away from the enemy until the reticle showed I wasn't going to hit them. That way I knew the shield blast wouldn't hit them but the bullets would and that cleared up any confusion I had!

I feel like every1 is doing this totally wrong, well what im reading anyway in guides

You absorb the lasers from the small robotic enemies, the orange heads that hover about. 

Their lasers lock on to enemies when you return them, and even if the blast kills them which often does, it seems the laser actually gets the kill, not the blast as it looks! 

Ive been through platinum about 4 times now, and I pop the trophy with about 90 secs work. 

You dont have to return JUST bullets, it works for lasers to. 

I actually tried returning bullets, saw they didn't lock on ad thought no way, im sticking with the homing lasers for my runs!! 

Edited by Optinooby