The Last Hero & A Man of Principle Trophies from Sam's Story Bugged

OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

2 hours ago, snibe said:

So a console reset is out of the question for me.  Has anyone found any other ways of getting this? I am wondering if with the next expansion SSD that it might help with this issue?  unfortunately for me just loading up the save and trying it again did nothing.  I haven't yet deleted the save and then started the Sam's story playthrough again, but I am not sure I have time to do so.  Just wondering if anyone has run across any other possible method.  The support team seems completely unwilling to recognize that there is a glitch.  

The theory is that there is a cache of the game stuck on your console that prevents the trophies from unlocking. Resetting your console deletes the bad cache.

14 minutes ago, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

The theory is that there is a cache of the game stuck on your console that prevents the trophies from unlocking. Resetting your console deletes the bad cache.

yeah a friend of mine tried it where he reset the system cache through a safe mode screen and then replayed it and still did not get the trophies.  Seems really odd, to have something like that at the system level that a patch from the devs couldn't fix.  Anyway you slice it, it's a glitch and resetting an entire console is just not reasonable to ask anyone just to get some trophies.

8 hours ago, snibe said:

So a console reset is out of the question for me.  Has anyone found any other ways of getting this? I am wondering if with the next expansion SSD that it might help with this issue?  unfortunately for me just loading up the save and trying it again did nothing.  I haven't yet deleted the save and then started the Sam's story playthrough again, but I am not sure I have time to do so.  Just wondering if anyone has run across any other possible method.  The support team seems completely unwilling to recognize that there is a glitch.  

I hope a console reset will fix it for now.

I've tried so many ways, like, unpatched, patched, offline, online, brand new save game, cleared ps5 cache, but yet, no luck.

2nd walkthrough i got Untouchable but still no luck with A Man of Principle. I don't know if it was because of the mistake i turned on the internet connection to download the Savedata from PS+ and forgot to turn it off while entering the game. It was really frustrating so i decided to launch the Factory Reset.

Shame that Sam's Story is really awesome but the glitch ruined everything. Hope that 4A games could make a patch in future but i won't wait for their grace. 

Update: The Factory Reset method worked like a charm. Did a 2 hours speedrun and A Man of Principle popped at last. Thanks for the info.

Edited by aimeraya
  • Like 2

I got the runaround from Koch Media customer support as expected. 

"The developers have checked and confirmed that all achievements work correctly and can be achieved by fulfilling the correct requirements. This is not a technical issue to be fixed.

Please also keep in mind that some achievements very difficult to achieve. If an achievement is not activated, most likely the requirements are not correct or not completely fulfilled."

He did not answer my question as to how I received the Untouchable trophy at the end of the DLC but was unable to unlock The Last Hero trophy for simply completing the DLC.  I sent a  screenshot of my trophy list as proof.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

"The developers have checked and confirmed that all achievements work correctly and can be achieved by fulfilling the correct requirements. This is not a technical issue to be fixed.

Please also keep in mind that some achievements very difficult to achieve. If an achievement is not activated, most likely the requirements are not correct or not completely fulfilled."

He did not answer my question as to how I received the Untouchable trophy at the end of the DLC but was unable to unlock The Last Hero trophy for simply completing the DLC.  I sent a  screenshot of my trophy list as proof.

Been there done that i have had about 10 emails back and forth with the same stuff.  Also me sharing the same issue of getting untouchable but not last hero which doesn't sound like it should be possible. I also showed them about 13 people from the list of recent people who got the trophy for untouchable who did NOT get the last hero trophy and they went dark after that.  This was about a month ago so I don't know what that list looks like now.  but at the time it was about 30% of the people who got untouchable did not get last hero.  Which sounds like a pretty large bug.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Got the same response.

When I told them that I done the factory reset, they almost said, with differente words, something like that: "oh, ok, not our problem anymore"

I got the last two trophies to pop this morning but I didn't follow the directions exactly as laid out.  I forgot to delete my save file from the cloud prior to completing a console reset.  I didn't realize this until I was installing the game and downloading the DLC.  The save file already uploaded from the cloud. 

Thinking that I may have to start over, I finished the install and the DLC but I decided to play my save file offline on version 1.00.  It was saved on normal difficulty just before the ending sequence.  I unlocked Untouchable, The Last Hero and a Man of Principle in just a couple of minutes after loading my save.   Then I went online and synced my trophies.

The issue doesn't appear to be tied to a corrupted save file.  I was able to unlock the two trophies I needed along with Untouchable even though the only one I received on my original play though was the Untouchable trophy. 

I can't guarantee this will work for anyone else, but it saved me from having to play through the DLC again.

Edited by Buckwheat
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, snibe said:

Makes me wonder if this would work 

1. Backup the PS5
  2. Factory Reset the PS5
  3. Install/Download the game
  4. Copy back the save file from the cloud
  5. Play the game from save not connected to network
  6. get trophies and then restore from backup

Yes, that's essentially what I did.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snibe said:

Makes me wonder if this would work 

1. Backup the PS5
  2. Factory Reset the PS5
  3. Install/Download the game
  4. Copy back the save file from the cloud
  5. Play the game from save not connected to network
  6. get trophies and then restore from backup

If this one works, I'd say that's great find. Please confirm if it works for anyone else so we will know.

And also is this only work for version 1.00 or is it also work for the latest one?

Edited by Ecthelion91

I can only get the downloaded version so i will let you know if it works with that.  Dont know when i can try this.  I am nervous about losing stuff with a factory reset (even though i am backing up) so hopefully this doesn't screw anything up.

well i can confirm this works.

1. Backup the PS5
  2. Factory Reset the PS5
  3. Restore from backup after setting up account
  4. Login to restore licenses (if you have the digital version)
  5. DO NOT access trophies or sync them
  6. Play the game from save file but not connect to the network
  7. Trophies popped and then sync up trophies

I was really concerned about losing all the saves and screenshots but everything was there.  I really didn't want to do a factory reset but the backup restore worked really well and was quick enough considering all my games were on external storage or the M.2  SSD.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, snibe said:

well i can confirm this works.

1. Backup the PS5
  2. Factory Reset the PS5
  3. Restore from backup after setting up account
  4. Login to restore licenses (if you have the digital version)
  5. DO NOT access trophies or sync them
  6. Play the game from save file but not connect to the network
  7. Trophies popped and then sync up trophies

I was really concerned about losing all the saves and screenshots but everything was there.  I really didn't want to do a factory reset but the backup restore worked really well and was quick enough considering all my games were on external storage or the M.2  SSD.  

So the bug isn't tied to the version or the save file.  At least it's been confirmed that you don't have to replay the DLC from a new save.

Edited by Buckwheat

yes i can definitely confirm its not the save file its got to be something more system level as i have tried clearing cache, deleting and reinstalling the game  even playing it over with a new save file.  Unfortunately this has been the only thing that works and since the ONLY difference is a factory reset that has to be it.  because i did a full restore so everything was just as it was before i factory reset.  Crazy.  But I am thankful i did not have to play it again and loading my last end save popped it. 

Edited by snibe
  • Like 1

If the method for doing a factory restore on your PS5 works wouldn't it also work to log in on a friends PS5 and attempt to get the trophy offline on their console? I might have to give that a shot with my friends PS5. Of course, this assumes they also haven't had the same glitch although, even then I'm not sure it would matter. If I can manage to get this done I'll let the group know how it works out.

Edited by Shiggidy_DoZa

23 hours ago, Shiggidy_DoZa said:

If the method for doing a factory restore on your PS5 works wouldn't it also work to log in on a friends PS5 and attempt to get the trophy offline on their console? I might have to give that a shot with my friends PS5. Of course, this assumes they also haven't had the same glitch although, even then I'm not sure it would matter. If I can manage to get this done I'll let the group know how it works out.

If your friend hasn't played the PS5 version of the game before I'd assume the trophies should pop but I'd still follow all the other methods to ensure that they do (disconnect internet, play on fresh save, etc).