The Last Hero & A Man of Principle Trophies from Sam's Story Bugged

OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

On 20-8-2022 at 5:45 PM, UlvenFenrir said:

Since this thread is mainly for people who have already played the game, what about for those that are starting metro exodus fresh? Play completely offline? Has anyone tested to see if that would work and not glitch out any trophies?

I also would like to know. I have the physical version. So if i go offline, and then start the game + DLC => will this not glitch out trophies?

• 2 weeks later...
On 25.06.2021 at 4:05 PM, njoy1987 said:

Received exact same template response ;)

I've also asked my friend to install the game through my profile on his PS5 and use my save. Will update you if it worked

Sorry for pretty late (a year lol) response, but yeah, it worked like a charm. I've asked a friend to sign in just on my account on his playstation with my save just before killing last guy and trophy showed for him

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 11:40 AM, GeheimnisKage said:

This way worked for me to avoid factory reset and get the trophies ("The Last Hero" and "A Man of Principle" PS5 digital version in my case) thanks to @s-cyrax.
It looks like the glitch affects the profile not the console.

1. Delete, download and reinstall the game and Sam's Story DLC. (probably not neccesary). Make sure the DLC can run correctly.
2. Log out and create a new offline user since the user's selection menu, skip PSN login. (user1 o any name)
3. Using the new profile go to Settings/Users ans Accounts/Users and delete your principal Profile.
4. Go to the PSN store, last left in main menu and Login with your PSN account. 
5. Restore licenses. (IMPORTANT. Go DIRECTLY to Settings again, don't select game in main menu to avoid the trophies sync). In Settings/Users_and_Accounts/Others select Restore Licenses. Don,t exit Settings.
6. Optional. If you have PSN plus, you can download your game data to avoid play the entire DLC. Do since Settings/Save Data and Game/App Settings.
7. Turn off the internet conection. 
8. Now you can select the game in main menu and must shows 0/69 trophies.
9. Run Metro Exodus and load your game data or play the DLC again. The trophies must pop.
10. After get the missed trophies, turn on the internet conection and sync trophies. It can take a minutes, its possible that the missed trophies dont show in your trophies' progress inmediatly, even some trophie can looks missed despite it poped in game. After a minutes the trophies will appear.

This worked perfect for me. Did exactly as this stated and had zero issues. Thank you so much to the ppl that figure these things out

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 29/11/2021 at 4:40 PM, GeheimnisKage said:

This way worked for me to avoid factory reset and get the trophies ("The Last Hero" and "A Man of Principle" PS5 digital version in my case) thanks to @s-cyrax.

1. Delete, download and reinstall the game and Sam's Story DLC. (probably not neccesary). Make sure the DLC can run correctly.
2. Log out and create a new offline user since the user's selection menu, skip PSN login. (user1 o any name)
3. Using the new profile go to Settings/Users ans Accounts/Users and delete your principal Profile.
5. Restore licenses. (IMPORTANT. Go DIRECTLY to Settings again, don't select game in main menu to avoid the trophies sync). In Settings/Users_and_Accounts/Others select Restore Licenses. Don,t exit Settings.
6. Optional. If you have PSN plus, you can download your game data to avoid play the entire DLC. Do since Settings/Save Data and Game/App Settings.
9. Run Metro Exodus and load your game data or play the DLC again. The trophies must pop.
10. After get the missed trophies, turn on the internet conection and sync trophies. It can take a minutes, its possible that the missed trophies dont show in your trophies' progress inmediatly, even some trophie can looks missed despite it poped in game. After a minutes the trophies will appear.

Can confirm this way worked for me and only took 5 minutes, didn’t have reset the ps5, play the dlc again or even delete and reinstall the game, such a lifesaver since I wouldn’t have bothered with the other method. Thanks

32 minutes ago, Yocooldude_Is_Bk said:

Can confirm this way worked for me and only took 5 minutes, didn’t have reset the ps5, play the dlc again or even delete and reinstall the game, such a lifesaver since I wouldn’t have bothered with the other method. Thanks

Does this work for disk too?

7 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

Does this work for disk too?

I have the ps4 disc and got the free ps5 upgrade through it, so I’m not sure, but I don’t see why not, the main thing is to not click on the game or sync trophy information before you go offline, as long as when you start the game it shows 0 trophies you should be fine. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 13/11/2021 at 9:35 AM, s-cyrax said:

My way:

I deleted my personal profile, before that I transferred all the save to the cloud.
Next, I re-entered it into the console, quickly loaded the save back and turned off the Internet.
0 out of 69 trophies in the main menu.
I loaded the save before the final scene and got the trophy at the end.

So couple of questions... Just to br clear. The game is a psplus, if I delete the account wouldn't the game be unplayable? Well that's more for the dummy accounts solution...

So you delete your save (console) and profile then log in the account... Then redownload the cloud save and then retry the trophies?  Another thing how do you see 0 of 69 in the main menu.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 1:40 PM, SeptentrionV said:

Can confirm this worked for me perfectly, had Iron Mode and Mutation glitched at the end, just followed these steps on a friends PS5(so I didnt need to delete my screenshots and videoclips) and it worked first try, for whoever it[s struggling, go for this! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I just got A Man of Principle and Untouchable on my first run without problem.

But only The Last Hero don't unlock. 

On 29.11.2021 at 5:40 PM, SeptentrionV said:

It lost me. I feel I don't bother to work on this method. I try send ticket to them, challange them to read this forum.

Is there anybody who hasn't had these trophies glitch out and, if so, did you do NG+ offline?

Thinking of starting the DLCs but replaying this tedious campaign for the third time on a semi permadeath mode only to not get the trophies is not my idea of a great time...

I already own the DLCs and the game is easy enough but I am not going to micromanage glitched trophies by doing all that nonsense on my console.

On 19/03/2023 at 6:44 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Is there anybody who hasn't had these trophies glitch out and, if so, did you do NG+ offline?

Thinking of starting the DLCs but replaying this tedious campaign for the third time on a semi permadeath mode only to not get the trophies is not my idea of a great time...

I already own the DLCs and the game is easy enough but I am not going to micromanage glitched trophies by doing all that nonsense on my console.

Can confirm that going offline before attempting  a run seems to be the key for the new game plus trophies, at least for the PS5 digital version. Popped Iron Mode, Mutation, and Toy Seller without any problems.  I think the reason why some still couldn't get these trophies to pop despite replaying the final chapter/epilogue is because they went offline after they had already completed the run so it was probably too late.

All this may be a coincidence but I'll say what I did anyway just in case it helps anybody in the future (as prevention is better than cure): I downloaded my old completed save from the cloud to overwrite the save on the console. I did this because my cloud save had no chapter replays whatsoever so it was "clean". I also played completely offline and at no point during my new game plus run was I online. I didn't turn off my entire internet like some did but simply disconnected the console from the network via settings. I also didn't binge the run, i.e. before every major chapter I would quit the game and put my console in rest mode - I did this mainly to safeguard against potential crashing.  Lastly, I only died once on the Dead City level with a BS quick time event that failed to register after being grabbed by a blind gorilla ? I pressed 'quick load' to attempt the chapter again (as opposed to 'load'). I skipped anything that didn't directly contribute to finishing the level, so no side tasks. Tried to be as moral as I could (i.e. no unnecessary killing, only knockouts) as long as it didn't require going out of my way (so no rescuing slaves). Got the good ending although Dimir stayed behind. I did pick up a few collectibles here and there, including the ones needed for Toy Seller, but only if they were directly in my path.

I will attempt the other DLC stories and report my findings. Glad the new game plus ones at least popped because there was no way in hell I was gonna replay it or do all that console resetting nonsense for this one game.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom

On 25/03/2023 at 11:57 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Can confirm that going offline before attempting  a run seems to be the key for the new game plus trophies, at least for the PS5 digital version. Popped Iron Mode, Mutation, and Toy Seller without any problems.  I think the reason why some still couldn't get these trophies to pop despite replaying the final chapter/epilogue is because they went offline after they had already completed the run so it was probably too late.

All this may be a coincidence but I'll say what I did anyway just in case it helps anybody in the future (as prevention is better than cure): I downloaded my old completed save from the cloud to overwrite the save on the console. I did this because my cloud save had no chapter replays whatsoever so it was "clean". I also played completely offline and at no point during my new game plus run was I online. I didn't turn off my entire internet like some did but simply disconnected the console from the network via settings. I also didn't binge the run, i.e. before every major chapter I would quit the game and put my console in rest mode - I did this mainly to safeguard against potential crashing.  Lastly, I only died once on the Dead City level with a BS quick time event that failed to register after being grabbed by a blind gorilla 1f644.png I pressed 'quick load' to attempt the chapter again (as opposed to 'load'). I skipped anything that didn't directly contribute to finishing the level, so no side tasks. Tried to be as moral as I could (i.e. no unnecessary killing, only knockouts) as long as it didn't require going out of my way (so no rescuing slaves). Got the good ending although Dimir stayed behind. I did pick up a few collectibles here and there, including the ones needed for Toy Seller, but only if they were directly in my path.

I will attempt the other DLC stories and report my findings. Glad the new game plus ones at least popped because there was no way in hell I was gonna replay it or do all that console resetting nonsense for this one game.

So following on from this I popped all remaining DLC trophies with absolutely no problems.  Same strat as before: I went offline before tackling each DLC and would also delete my saves upon completing a DLC before starting the next one. I only played through Sam's Story once. I had to do a partial replay for The Two Colonels to get one collectible as I missed it on my first playthrough.  Quitting out of the app to take breaks is fine and shouldn't cause any problems. Hopefully, this at least prevents anyone from encountering the bugs in the first place.

Have to say this game was a piece of work at times. I enjoyed the stealth and morality system but there were just too many meters and gauges to govern to the point where it felt messy. Some of the voice acting was quite bad and making the protagonist silent made some scenes really awkward because you felt like he should be responding , yet the character he was interacting with were just droning on and on about nonsense. I also much preferred it when the levels were more linear which is why the Taiga level was probably my favourite.  Also, the main character's stupidity at the very end of The Two Colonels had me screaming at my telly. Terrible writing lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/03/2023 at 10:58 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

So following on from this I popped all remaining DLC trophies with absolutely no problems.  Same strat as before: I went offline before tackling each DLC and would also delete my saves upon completing a DLC before starting the next one. I only played through Sam's Story once. I had to do a partial replay for The Two Colonels to get one collectible as I missed it on my first playthrough.  Quitting out of the app to take breaks is fine and shouldn't cause any problems. Hopefully, this at least prevents anyone from encountering the bugs in the first place.

Have to say this game was a piece of work at times. I enjoyed the stealth and morality system but there were just too many meters and gauges to govern to the point where it felt messy. Some of the voice acting was quite bad and making the protagonist silent made some scenes really awkward because you felt like he should be responding , yet the character he was interacting with were just droning on and on about nonsense. I also much preferred it when the levels were more linear which is why the Taiga level was probably my favourite.  Also, the main character's stupidity at the very end of The Two Colonels had me screaming at my telly. Terrible writing lol.

Im still not sure why going offline would make any difference unless its just a coincidence because the game isnt connecting to some kind of server. Ive been holding off playing this game hoping they would fix it but it doesnt seem like they ever will.

12 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Im still not sure why going offline would make any difference unless its just a coincidence because the game isnt connecting to some kind of server. Ive been holding off playing this game hoping they would fix it but it doesnt seem like they ever will.

Well, if you read the many threads / solutions here regarding the glitched trophies you will see why it's being mentioned. Playing offline was the key factor to getting the trophies to pop for others (after resetting the console once the trophies bugged out), and seeing as I never experienced any bugged DLC trophies having played all DLC offline from start to finish then it's easy to put 2 and 2 together. 

Some have theorised it's a bad cache but I don't know; I wasn't about to test that theory and went for the safer option instead.

Better to be safe than sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case people are still coming to this topic with the same problems, I had 'A Man of Principle' and 'Great Owl' both glitch in my initial playthrough.

I managed to pop 'A Man of Principle' by doing this (with the digital copy of Exodus):

1. Backed up my PS5 to external drive.
  2. Moved Metro Exodus to my M.2 storage (if you have one installed it saves you having to redownload or restore from the external drive).
  3. Upload save to cloud.
  4. Factory reset the PS5.
  5. Sign in to PSN and enable console as primary PS5.
  6. Download the save from cloud.
  7. Disconnect from the internet.
  8. Launch game and finish Sam's Story from the save (ending save).
  9. The trophy will pop.
  10. Reconnect to internet and sync trophies.

Now this method did not work with 'Great Owl', so after popping the previous trophy I carried out the following:

1. Deleted cloud save.
  2. Factory reset the PS5.
  3. Sign in to PSN and enable console as primary PS5.
  4. Disconnect from the internet.
  5. Launch game and play through Sam's Story earning the trophy (I did this in one shot on reader difficulty, not sure if you need to do it in one sitting or not).
  6. The trophy will pop.
  7. Reconnect to internet and sync trophies.

Playing through Sam's Story on reader up to the last Night Hunter stash did not take too long, I would say up to 90 minutes, it's not the most efficient method but it was the only one that seemed to work for me, I also unlocked 'Untouchable' strangely enough.

Once you have got all the trophies you are missing you can just restore your PS5 from your external drive and all will be as normal, hope this can help someone!

Edited by NoNameLJ

• 3 weeks later...
On 17.5.2023 at 5:00 PM, alexwise said:

Do I understand that correctly if I play completely offline by toggling internet connection setting on PS5, I won’t have buggy trophies?

Unfortunately not. I tried the same. Never been online when I played the game (always started the game with internet connection turned off) and still had 5 buggy trophies during the 2 DLCs

But I have to say, that there are work arounds to get the trophies and they work perfectly. So yeah, it's quite annoying but eventually you get your trophies if they bug at first

17 hours ago, Sim_Racer_97 said:

Unfortunately not. I tried the same. Never been online when I played the game (always started the game with internet connection turned off) and still had 5 buggy trophies during the 2 DLCs

But I have to say, that there are work arounds to get the trophies and they work perfectly. So yeah, it's quite annoying but eventually you get your trophies if they bug at first

Thank you for your reply.
It’s not worth it for me to jump through all the hoops and workarounds mentioned before in the thread. I’ll pass

18 hours ago, Sim_Racer_97 said:

You're the only one I've seen in the thread so far who didn't manage to get the trophies to pop using the offline method.

I know you said you didn't go online when starting the game but did you ever go online in between sessions?