On sale for 2.39 is worth?

cometowner

If you have literally nothing else to play then yeah, sure. But this game will only ever really be remembered for its failure and as a whole it just ended up being a big ol' load of nothing. 

I regret starting it already, even for this price! I’ve not even made it out of the ‘tutorial’ and it’s crashing with server issues every 2-5 minutes! With the long loading screens either end and limited progress this is beyond a joke 

i’m playing on the PS5 with damn good internet 

Edited by mikem192

I’ve seen this game selling for less than $5 at just about every retailer in Australia since the 2019 Christmas Holidays. If you’re gonna buy this game for such a low price you might as well buy it physically, that’s what I did. I’ve not started it since because there’s too many games in my backlog I want to begin before I force myself going through a game I might not enjoy so for nearly 2 years it’s just been sitting on my shelf, poor thing.

Thought I’d bring up Rocket Arena too as @LunchCannon54 did, about a month ago I saw brand new copies being sold at JB HI-FI for $1 each. At this point they may as well give them away to everyone walking in and out of stores because (judging by the title and box-art) this screams of a game that should’ve been F2P but wasn’t and ultimately failed as a result. Sure, it was offered free to PS Plus members some time this year or last on top of being included with EA Play/Access but that didn’t do too much now, did it? To a certain extent I pity the developers from the studio behind this game for devoting hundreds of hours of their lives to creating their own product, then releasing it only to be sold for a price equal to a Frozen Coke at Maccas. But hey, that’s what can happen if you choose EA’s Originals program over other publishers or by simply self-publishing and managing your game…

…And just because Blizzard released Overwatch for full price doesn’t mean you’re game is guarantee to see similar success. How many more Battleborns and Lawbreakers must the industry witness before they wake up and then we wouldn’t be complaining about these games like we did with Destruction All Stars? Just a personal observation.

I got it free from EA Play and I still feel ripped off ?.
To be fair, it's not the worst game I ever played, it's not the second worst game I ever played, it isn't even third worst game I ever played. But it's such a barebones experience it's almost insulting. I've seen some people say "wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle" and it's very fitting, this game actually makes Ubisoft games look deep and original.
Gameplay itself is your usual looter shooter, nothing to write home about, but not bad. Howewer everything else is just awful, story you won't be interested in, characters you won't care about, lore you won't be bothered getting into. And missions. Oh boy. Most of them feel like side quests - go there, kill enemies, collect orbs, hold square until [thing] gets activated, that's about 90% of the things you'll be doing in this game. Oh, and it's always online game that absolutely doesn't need to be always online game, wonderful.
I didn't started this game with intention of hating it by default. I enjoyed ME Andromeda (my first ME game btw) even though everyone was bashing it. But coming to this from Mass Effect Legendary Edition is like having roasted turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes and slice of pumpkin pie for lunch and then pig vomit for dinner. If this was some 30 dollar AA game I'd probably be kinda okay with it, but it's one of the biggest and most accomplished studio with nine digit budget claiming this will be the second coming of Christ in videogame form and then *this* get released.
Now, as some people above stated, if you don't have anything else to play and price of one Big Mac (or "free" from Play) is no bother for you, it can entertain you for a while, flying around while blasting enemies away if fun for few hours, but platinum-ing would be a huge pain in the ass, as the main story gets boring, let alone all the grinding and mindless collecting shit.
TL;DR not really unless you don't have anything else to play

Far from the best but definitely not in the "garbage" range. For me, it was a perfect game after a difficult and mentally exhausting day at work. I put similar-not-too-much-brain consuming TV show on my laptop and had a good time.

Now, you have to consider whether you want to play this type of game, and I don't believe you should decide strictly based on the price tag.

• 3 weeks later...

Never heard this one before (so I didn't get into it biased), just saw it at about 3€ on the shop and got it. For that kind of price, it's definitely worth it. Yes the loading times are annoying, yes the last weapon not dropping annoyed me, yes it might feel repetitive at some points, but the positives outweigh the negatives. Graphics are good, gameplay can be fun (flight system and manoeuvrism felt interesting), liked the diversity in the classes, nice skills as well. Story was half and half, with some characters being quite interesting to follow (although Owen's story was sooooooo predictable) while others where just meh..

Collectibles weren't that grindy after all (have played much much worse). Having seen a guide before starting, was already on the lookout during missions, cuts the endgame playtime really nice.

All in all, you're getting a full game that will get you spend 50/100h for just the price of a cup of coffee, I'll take that any time!

• 9 months later...