Legend of Mana trophy thoughts

MidnightDragon

1 hour ago, VerseEnComa said:

Anyone know exactly what is required to fill out the encyclopedia Mark gives you? I missed it on my first playthrough and I'd like to complete whatever is necessary to fill it out BEFORE I start NG+ so I don't have to do any additional grinding in NG+ 

what is the name of his encyclopedia ? 

3 hours ago, Nyky_Leonhart said:

any tipis for Ardent Agriculturalist
Raised every type of produce. ? 

I just used this Produce Guide to track the ones I was missing. For the rare ones, I saved, planted the seeds necessary in the garden and orchard, ran around the map a couple times, and if the fruits I needed didn't appear when I checked both spots, I'd reset and reload. Saves seeds that way. You can grind the Spiny (rainbow) seeds in Luon Highway from Lullabuds in the south section. 

Anyone know the best way to grind Lv.99 and where to grind the abilities/STs? I'm not sure if higher level enemies give an increased chance to learn techs or not. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VerseEnComa said:

I just used this Produce Guide to track the ones I was missing. For the rare ones, I saved, planted the seeds necessary in the garden and orchard, ran around the map a couple times, and if the fruits I needed didn't appear when I checked both spots, I'd reset and reload. Saves seeds that way. You can grind the Spiny (rainbow) seeds in Luon Highway from Lullabuds in the south section. 

Anyone know the best way to grind Lv.99 and where to grind the abilities/STs? I'm not sure if higher level enemies give an increased chance to learn techs or not. 

´Thanks best way to level 99 is a golen in Bejeweled City, last area he is a tread as a boss and ever drop big crystal, this golen stay in the diamond room, abilities/st i used a guid i found on internet and fight thoses lullabuds on easy 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nyky_Leonhart said:

´Thanks best way to level 99 is a golen in Bejeweled City, last area he is a tread as a boss and ever drop big crystal, this golen stay in the diamond room, abilities/st i used a guid i found on internet and fight thoses lullabuds on easy 

Ooh this is a good call; thanks, friend! I actually missed a diary entry toward the end of the Jumi quest somehow, so I've got to get there on NG+ anyway. Problem is I didn't really temper much, so if there's a nightmare or no future EXP bonus for this guy, I might have to grind out some blacksmithing mats to be able to do this grind efficiently. 

21 hours ago, VerseEnComa said:

Techs are learned by having certain skills (and weapons) equipped for a certain amount of fights. Use this for the amounts required:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/256525-legend-of-mana/57481809

Just Got the plat... It is the first time that I finished all the quest as well ^_^(I missed one once... I will never forget Rachel).

I had to use(and re-use) the guides in gamefaqs(yes... Guides) to avoid the missables. For who are interested(or for future me... No future run perhaps?)

Artifact Placement Guide - a must. Perfect if you are planning to play the game in one run. It also says the sequence of the Quest you need to do to avoid missable quests (and materials and demi human pets if you are interested)

Produce Guide - another handy guide for the very RNG base trophy. 

Optional - Tempering - not needed for the platinum but nice guide if you want to learn about getting the best weapon in the game.

What else I could add...

-Rachel quest - the only one I had trouble progressing.Once triggered, Just make sure to talk to always talk to Rachel, Mark, Jennifer and Teapo in Domina if possible - you have to speak to Jennifer in the Market area(where the fortune teller is)during her rest day a couple of times, same goes with Mark on Rachel's room.

-Best pet is Polter Box especially in farming Spiny Seeds and materials. I farmed Spiny Seeds in Luon Highway - 3 Lullabuds - Area after going Going in Bottom Part in Fork in th Road.

-My best farming area for lucre is either 2 Polter box room in SS Buccanner with Polter box pet and tempering Wind Cap(Dropped by Spiny Cone) with 4 Clear Feathers(Dropped by Stinger Bug) - both Spiny cone and Stinger Bug are in Luon Highway. All of Polter Box drops can be sold on good prices and Tempered Wind Cap can be sold at 26k+.

Edited by JaM
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JaM said:

Just Got the plat... It is the first time that I finished all the quest as well ^_^(I missed one once... I will never forget Rachel).

I had to use(and re-use) the guides in gamefaqs(yes... Guides) to avoid the missables. For who are interested(or for future me... No future run perhaps?)

Artifact Placement Guide - a must. Perfect if you are planning to play the game in one run. It also says the sequence of the Quest you need to do to avoid missable quests (and materials and demi human pets if you are interested)

Produce Guide - another handy guide for the very RNG base trophy. 

Optional - Tempering - not needed for the platinum but nice guide if you want to learn about getting the best weapon in the game.

What else I could add...

-Rachel quest - the only one I had trouble progressing.Once triggered, Just make sure to talk to always talk to Rachel, Mark, Jennifer and Teapo in Domina if possible - you have to speak to Jennifer in the Market area(where the fortune teller is)during her rest day a couple of times, same goes with Mark on Rachel's room.

-Best pet is Polter Box especially in farming Spiny Seeds and materials. I farmed Spiny Seeds in Luon Highway - 3 Lullabuds - Area after going Going in Bottom Part in Fork in th Road.

-My best farming area for lucre is either 2 Polter box room in SS Buccanner with Polter box pet and tempering Wind Cap(Dropped by Spiny Cone) with 4 Clear Feathers(Dropped by Stinger Bug) - both Spiny cone and Stinger Bug are in Luon Highway. All of Polter Box drops can be sold on good prices and Tempered Wind Cap can be sold at 26k+.

Congrats!, Is the all encyclopedia entry missable or is it automatically done by finishing the other trophies?

8 hours ago, noyram23 said:

Congrats!, Is the all encyclopedia entry missable or is it automatically done by finishing the other trophies?

First of all *high five* for Riou avatar. Eiyuden hype? xD

It is automatically done by finishing the other trophies.

-Characters and Artifacts will be filled while you are woking on the 67 quests

-Monsters will be filled as long as you don't turn off encounter. To check, after clearing the 67 quests, you must be only missing one entry.

-Techiniques while you are getting all abilities and ST.

-You have to reload your Cleared save file(the one with note beside the time), start new game+ and visit the encyclopedia in library in your room for the trophy to pop.

Edited by JaM

8 hours ago, JaM said:

-Monsters will be filled as long as you don't turn off encounter. To check, after clearing the 67 quests, you must be only missing one entry.

-You have to reload your Cleared save file(the one with note beside the time), start new game+ and visit the encyclopedia in library in your room for the trophy to pop.

Backed and super hyped, it's my dream game coming true, I never thought i'll see my Suikoden sequel finally.

And thank you so much for the help

Just got the plat and I have to say that the level 99 grind was the absolute worst. Best way I found to do it is to roll with a Polter Box (it seems like they give you extra EXP) and fight the machine golem on Nightmare mode (~1k EXP per kill, ends in a few secs). I didn't feel like grinding out the mats for a disgusting weapon, though, so maybe No Future would have been more efficient. 

Also, this was only because I had to do a second playthrough on account of having missed a diary entry and Deathbringer 2. If you're on track to do this in one playthrough, the machine golem room on normal is probably your best bet for exp because it's a 100% chance of getting EXP as the enemy has no drop table. 

For a guide, I personally used this. It's got some minor errors in it, but it's guaranteed to get you all quests and Lil' Cactus entries. It doesn't get you Deathbringer II or the "optional" encyclopedias though.

On 01/07/2021 at 10:47 AM, JaM said:

This isn't entirely accurate as far as I know? There are characters and monsters you can miss (Alex and Deathbringer II, for example) as well as characters who don't need to be talked to for quests (Louie, for example). Some entries I personally unlocked by talking to the characters before or after quests (Roger and Putty didn't unlock their entries after their first quest, for example), so not sure which quests would have unlocked their entries. Also, you can miss the Equipment Encyclopedia (don't think you can miss the Item Encyclopedia) if a guide doesn't point it out to you (the guide I used didn't, but the GFaqs ones do point it out), which requires getting it afterwards at the start of NG+ if missed initially.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2021 at 9:14 AM, Nyky_Leonhart said:

Man I wish I'd seen this sooner! I grinded my levels up from 60-99 out on NG+ Luon Highway (near the cave entrance) since there's 2 Chobin Hoods and it's a combined 450 exp for each round. Needed a break after that 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/2/2021 at 4:32 AM, zadorvp said:

For a guide, I personally used this. It's got some minor errors in it, but it's guaranteed to get you all quests and Lil' Cactus entries. It doesn't get you Deathbringer II or the "optional" encyclopedias though.

This isn't entirely accurate as far as I know? There are characters and monsters you can miss (Alex and Deathbringer II, for example) as well as characters who don't need to be talked to for quests (Louie, for example). Some entries I personally unlocked by talking to the characters before or after quests (Roger and Putty didn't unlock their entries after their first quest, for example), so not sure which quests would have unlocked their entries. Also, you can miss the Equipment Encyclopedia (don't think you can miss the Item Encyclopedia) if a guide doesn't point it out to you (the guide I used didn't, but the GFaqs ones do point it out), which requires getting it afterwards at the start of NG+ if missed initially.

Following up on this post:

• Deathbringer 2 is THE missable enemy. His window is small, too.
  • If Alex is missable, he’s really hard to miss. It might be that you never have to talk to him, but he’s in Geo for a long time, if you follow the event guide in the link.
  • It is correct that if you follow the event guide posted, you’ll never talk to Louie. However, you can pick up his entry immediately before entering the Mana tree. I didn’t notice anything about Roger and Putty; they were in my guide at the end after following all quests.
  • Mark’s encyclopedia is missable, but quickly picked up on NG+. I guess that it’s necessary for the encyclopedia trophy, even though it’s filled out from the start.
  • Ansewring two posts ago, I didn’t have the Punkmaster in my encyclopedia prior to the final quest. I read he was in the Junkyard, but I didn’t encounter him during my game. However, he appears in the Tree of Mana, and he must be defeated there to progress.
Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Of course I've missed the only missable NPC, Alex. So, I've reloaded my pre-final boss savegame, if I fill the rest of the encyclopedia before completing my first run again, then I can do just the story arc leading to Alex and the trophy for filling the encyclopedia will pop?

Edited by Brightblade76