PS3 Update 4.53 (Optional)

HeySumbode

Not sure, now going to do it...

Edit 1:

Closed captions are now supported for the playback of Blu- ray Disc titles and DVDs. To display closed captions, select [settings] > [Video Settings] > [Closed Captions].

The style used for closed captions, such as the font, size and color, can now be adjusted. Select [settings] > [Video Settings] > [Closed Captions Settings].

Edit 2:
yep, all`s good on my end with this patch.

Edited by HeySumbode

Pretty cool, as we watch a lot of Blu-ray titles. Often use captions as well.

I didn't really like using captions, but sometimes you just have to if you're going to watch a movie late at night and don't wanna deal with all the "'loud as shit' during action scenes and 'quiet as balls' while people are talking" bullshit.

• Like 1

I didn't really like using captions, but sometimes you just have to if you're going to watch a movie late at night and don't wanna deal with all the "'loud as shit' during action scenes and 'quiet as balls' while people are talking" bullshit.

Or the randomly loud soundtrack cutting in

replying to both.. 

I can't stand this shit xD I swear it's just bad sound editing, putting your volume high so you can hear the quiet whisper like conversations, only to be blasted by loud gun fire or music -_- so fucking annoying, wish they would stop doing that haha

And I thought it was just my tv causing that :S

Haha, exactly. Plus, my sister needs subtitles whenever there is anyone who speaks with an accent →_→

Same here. One of the main reasons I bought headphones. I wont install this update though. Too much of a hassle for me.