Sooo.... how does cross save works here? (auto pop?)

Nothing I do gets this to work for me. Nothing let’s me transfer my save file to the ps5 version.

I uploaded the latest patch on PS4. That message came up asking me to synch the new save file. I hit to upload it.

on my ps5 nothing happens when I start the game. If I go to my cloud storage to download the save file it has a weird message saying if I download the save file to my console storage it’s auto synch or something might not work.

after not downloading it about 10 times and not once having it work I just downloaded it to my storage like it’s warns against.

but even with the save file on my system storage I still can’t upload or use it in any way.

going back to my PS4 it doesn’t give me that option anymore about synching or uploading the save file anymore.

nothing I do works and it’s frustrating as hell because I’ve been trying for about an hour now for something that should take a minute

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IISkyLanderII said:

FULL SOLUTION, EVEN IF YOU DON'T Have Anymore PS4 Disc GAME - but SOLD it like me.

1st and Most IMPORTANT - THIS IS NOT my SOLUTION, all CREDIT goes to - RealDaleCooper

SOLUTION by RealDaleCooper :

"For some reason the trophies do auto pop despite official word to the contrary. You do need to open the PS4 version of the game first though to “sync” the save game with their server.

Good news is, if like me you have since sold/traded the PS4 version, you can download the Free Trial version to sync the save.

Everything popped for me minus the Upgrade All trophies and the Craft 100 items trophy. The latter can be achieved quickly by restarting checkpoints when you have enough resources. I just reloaded my Chapter XV mission, crafted about 15 items then reloaded.

The last 2 you can still use the glitch from the PS4 days. Load Chapter X while holding down the touchpad. Then hold R1 while in the upgrade screen and craft one item while your select an upgrade you don’t have with the left stick. It will unlock the upgrade instead of crafting. Do this for every upgrade you need."

SMALL ADD to SOLUTION from me - You need to Load last chapter/Epilogue - XVII - "For Each Other" chapter on PS5 - all trophies then POP up - except 2 :

Alchemist Craft 100 ammunitions and Platinum.

Just Tested this - WORKS. Enjoy.

P.S. FOR Last 2 Trophies in this Game I will PREFER to play and Enjoy story again - not a hard to get those 2 last Trophies

(Don't need to worry about collectibles and missable miscellaneous chapters/story specific trophies)

Game Definatelly Deserves to play PS5 Version - Awesome Game with Great Story.   

Legend, had all pop but the two Upgrade trophies so loaded the final chapter and those popped straight away!

• Like 1

Mine is not working. I synched it, and it showed two saves. Then they disappeared. I can't seem to load the save data at all. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the saved data shows as in the cloud but not on the console 

3 hours ago, WinterEcho said:

Nothing I do gets this to work for me. Nothing let’s me transfer my save file to the ps5 version.

I uploaded the latest patch on PS4. That message came up asking me to synch the new save file. I hit to upload it.

on my ps5 nothing happens when I start the game. If I go to my cloud storage to download the save file it has a weird message saying if I download the save file to my console storage it’s auto synch or something might not work.

after not downloading it about 10 times and not once having it work I just downloaded it to my storage like it’s warns against.

but even with the save file on my system storage I still can’t upload or use it in any way.

going back to my PS4 it doesn’t give me that option anymore about synching or uploading the save file anymore.

nothing I do works and it’s frustrating as hell because I’ve been trying for about an hour now for something that should take a minute

Same exact issue here 

6 hours ago, WinterEcho said:

You need to "sync” the save game with their server on PS4 - then synchronies your PS4 save on PS5 while in game's menu. All very simple.

17 hours ago, Ziousebio said:

I have a question regarding the cloud because i dont't have ps5 and ps plus subscription so i can't test by myself.

The save is uploaded to the game's cloud (like spider-man) or to the ps plus cloud?

I think is game's cloud but i can't find a precise answer online.

Thanks

The game's cloud.

And you don't need ps plus, you can do it by copying the save data to a USB flash memory from ps4 to ps5.

@WinterEcho Try deleting all the saves on your ps5 (for both ps4 and ps5 versions) then open your ps4 and copy the save data to a USB not plus then copy it to ps5 and try again. Open ps4 first and choose the save then quit and open ps5 version then download.

Edited by XXIIlII

13 hours ago, DoctorBaofu said:

The trial version does work.  I just downloaded the demo onto my PS4 and started it up.  It showed my save, but said something about it being a save from the full game when I clicked it.  Then, I just shut down my PS4 and started up the game on my PS5.  Showed a thing that said synchronization conflict or whatever and I clicked that and told it to download my save.   Loaded up the last chapter and trophies started popping after a little bit.  Not all trophies though.   The craft 100 ammunition didn't pop for me.   Everything else did.

Ah see it doesn't show up on PS5. Thanks though. I'll try it now. 

EDIT: Holy crap it worked. Awesome. All popped but "craft 100 pieces of ammo" so I just loaded a chapter, crafted, then reloaded the checkpoint a few times until it popped. Remarkable.

Thanks a ton, @DoctorBaofu.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

Just wanted you to know, that in my Case it worked Just fine. All Trophys popped.

Needed a Moment to realize how Cross Save works. Open PS4 Version, load a chapter, upload local Savegame to Cloud (in PS Menu) ---> Then Open PS5 Version (make sure your local and Cloud PS5 Save is empty, in PS Menu), when Synchronisation Error is prompted download from Cloud and your Progress should be restored. Load Last Chapter -> Enjoy :-)

1 hour ago, mizimmer said:

Does it work in both directions? I have the PS4 version on disc but never started it. If I have the plat on the PS5 version first can I transfer that save to the PS4 and autopop the platinum on the PS4?

Yes, i think it works. The Game offered me the option to Download the Save in the Menu in both Versions.

Edited by maggot1612
  • Like 2

On 7/8/2021 at 7:07 AM, IISkyLanderII said:

FULL AUTO POP Trophies SOLUTION for PS5 Version, EVEN IF YOU DON'T Have Anymore PS4 Disc GAME

1st and IMPORTANT - THIS IS NOT my SOLUTION, all CREDIT goes to - RealDaleCooper - Thanks to him

SOLUTION by RealDaleCooper :

"For some reason the trophies do auto pop despite official word to the contrary. You do need to open the PS4 version of the game first though to “sync” the save game with their server.

Good news is, if like me you have since sold/traded the PS4 version, you can download the Free Trial version to sync the save.

Everything popped for me minus the Upgrade All trophies and the Craft 100 items trophy. The latter can be achieved quickly by restarting checkpoints when you have enough resources. I just reloaded my Chapter XV mission, crafted about 15 items then reloaded.

The last 2 you can still use the glitch from the PS4 days. Load Chapter X while holding down the touchpad. Then hold R1 while in the upgrade screen and craft one item while your select an upgrade you don’t have with the left stick. It will unlock the upgrade instead of crafting. Do this for every upgrade you need."

SMALL ADD to SOLUTION from me - You need to Load last chapter/Epilogue - XVII - "For Each Other" chapter on PS5 - all trophies then AUTO POP up

Except 2: Alchemist Trophy: Craft 100 ammunitions and Platinum.

Just Tested this - WORKS. Enjoy.   About Items/upgrades glitches in this game  - don't know how they works, never tried.

P.S. FOR Last 2 Trophies Game can be played and Enjoyed story again - not a hard to get those 2 last Trophies

(Don't need to worry about collectibles and missable miscellaneous chapters/story specific trophies)

Game Definatelly Deserves to play PS5 Version - Awesome Game with Great Story.   

just worked for me, even with the missing 2 trophies for crafting and upgrades. I reinstalled my version on PS4, loaded the last level, uploaded saves to the cloud, launched my PS5, synced saves and loaded the last level again. All trophies popped up! :)

Edited by Urdnot_Wrexx

56 minutes ago, Urdnot_Wrexx said:

just worked for me, even with the missing 2 trophies for crafting and upgrades. I reinstalled my version on PS4, loaded the last level, uploaded saves to the cloud, launched my PS5, synced saves and loaded the last level again. All trophies popped up! :)

Fully upgrade the equipment isn’t working. I followed everything you said. It’s not popping. Same with  more practice trophy. 

Edited by sealightbreeze

Can someone please help me? I have 36/36 for PS4. So I go to save data for PS4, console storage for PS4 to upload to the cloud, then download  the cloud PS4 version, go to synchronize saved data enable auto syncs go back to the game, download - go back to the last level. Have it save on PS4. Then go back, console storage to save the new save to the cloud. Check syncs data again- change to PS5 . Says synchronization conflict. Download save from cloud. Chapter selection- XVII. It’s not working  

This is seriously annoying. They made this way harder than it actually had to be and it’s still not working 

Edited by sealightbreeze

11 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Can someone please help me? I have 36/36 for PS4. So I go to save data for PS4, console storage for PS4 to upload to the cloud, then download  the cloud PS4 version, go to synchronize saved data enable auto syncs go back to the game, download - go back to the last level. Have it save on PS4. Then go back, console storage to save the new save to the cloud. Check syncs data again- change to PS5 . Says synchronization conflict. Download save from cloud. Chapter selection- XVII. It’s not working  

This is seriously annoying. They made this way harder than it actually had to be and it’s still not working 

I'm not sure what's not working for you, but I didn't use the PS+ cloud at all.  I never went into system settings to upload a save or messed with that stuff.

Here is what I did exactly:

I downloaded the demo onto my PS4 that has my save on it and started it up. Clicked continue and saw my save there. I clicked it and it said something about being a save from the full version of the game(I don't think you have to click on the save there, but I did), then I closed  the game and shut off my PS4.  Started up the PS5 version and clicked continue and the save slot said something like "Synchronization error."  I clicked that and it said the save in the cloud was different than the one on the system and asked if I wanted to download or upload.  I clicked to download from the cloud.

Then, I used chapter select to load up the last chapter and all the trophies started popping after a minute or so, except for the craft 100 ammo trophy.  I thought it wasn't working at first because it took a bit for them to start popping.  My cousin did the same as me, but he had 3 trophies that didn't autopop.  They were all easy to get in just a few minutes, though.

Edit:  I just saw on your profile that you are only missing the trophy for upgrading equipment now.  You can use a glitch for that.  My cousin had to use it.  Followed this video:

Edited by DoctorBaofu
  • Like 2

Thank you for responding. I’ve been trying the glitch. It won’t work for me. I have everything maxed except one thing in the inventory. I’m assuming you need more ? Thank you for trying to help. Any more help is appreciated. I had to restart for the apples. It didn’t pop. I closed the game , restarted then it popped nowhere near the apple tree 

Edited by sealightbreeze

3 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Thank you for responding. I’ve been trying the glitch. It won’t work for me. I have everything maxed except one thing in the inventory. I’m assuming you need more ? Thank you for trying to help. Any more help is appreciated. I had to restart for the apples. It didn’t pop. I closed the game , restarted then it popped nowhere near the apple tree 

My cousin had some trouble with the glitch too.  Only advice for it I can think of is that you have to hold R1 and X the whole time.  You start on a slot that you already have upgraded(a white diamond).  Then when the bar fills up once you have to move down/up to go to the one you don't have.  It didn't work for my cousin if he started on what he needed and didn't move it up/down.

So for example say you need the last pocket upgrade.  Start on an already upgraded(white diamond) slot for ammunition bag.  Hold R1 and X, then once the bar fills up once, move up to the pocket upgrade you need.  The bar should start filling up and you actually unlock the upgrade.  You can then keep holding R1 and X and keep moving to anything else you need.

10 minutes ago, DoctorBaofu said:

My cousin had some trouble with the glitch too.  Only advice for it I can think of is that you have to hold R1 and X the whole time.  You start on a slot that you already have upgraded(a white diamond).  Then when the bar fills up once you have to move down/up to go to the one you don't have.  It didn't work for my cousin if he started on what he needed and didn't move it up/down.

So for example say you need the last pocket upgrade.  Start on an already upgraded(white diamond) slot for ammunition bag.  Hold R1 and X, then once the bar fills up once, move up to the pocket upgrade you need.  The bar should start filling up and you actually unlock the upgrade.  You can then keep holding R1 and X and keep moving to anything else you need.

X as well? I thought you just highlight it then move to the right real fast? I only have one crafting item. 

Oh my Gid, thank you so very much!!!!! It was holding x down. Thank you so very much! Sent you a fr on PSN 

Thank you!!!! That was the problem, I didn’t realize I had to hold down x as well thank you so much

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

X as well? I thought you just highlight it then move to the right real fast? I only have one crafting item. 

Oh my Gid, thank you so very much!!!!! It was holding x down. Thank you so very much! Sent you a fr on PSN 

Thank you!!!! That was the problem, I didn’t realize I had to hold down x as well thank you so much

No problem.  Glad you got it to work.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SmithAndWesson96 said:

My PS4 save does not show up in the trial version. Anyone have a solution for this?

Only thing I can say is to check your PS4 save storage and make sure the save is still on your PS4.  If it is, then I have no idea why it wouldn't be working for you.

13 hours ago, DoctorBaofu said:

Only thing I can say is to check your PS4 save storage and make sure the save is still on your PS4.  If it is, then I have no idea why it wouldn't be working for you.

I have the PS4 save stored in the cloud. Downloaded it to my PS5 and started the trial version. It just gives me the option to create a new game and subsequently creates a new save.

12 hours ago, SmithAndWesson96 said:

I have the PS4 save stored in the cloud. Downloaded it to my PS5 and started the trial version. It just gives me the option to create a new game and subsequently creates a new save.

You're doing it all on the PS5?   I used my PS4 with my save to load up the PS4 versions demo.    I don't know if doing it all via the PS5 works or not, since I didn't do that.  Is there a PS5 demo version?  If there is, then make sure you are starting the PS4 demo and not PS5.   I didn't manually upload/download saves at all.

I posted the exact steps I took a few posts back in this thread.

On 7/11/2021 at 4:13 AM, SmithAndWesson96 said:

Does that even work with the demo version? Reason being, the demo only goes so far. Regardless if you have the save file or not. That may be your issue. They honestly made this thing way harder than what it had to be honestly