The Walking Dead

Dreakon139

Most of the episode was blah to me. Maggie getting all emotional over some guy who was killed in his very first episode. The guy means nothing to the audience, I didn't even catch his name. But the end of the episode was good. Curious as to how Rick and Maggie will be leaving the show. Are their characters getting killed off, or is the focus going to be no longer on them, or what? 

On 10/8/2018 at 2:20 PM, jackmadrox said:

Most of the episode was blah to me. Maggie getting all emotional over some guy who was killed in his very first episode. The guy means nothing to the audience, I didn't even catch his name. But the end of the episode was good. Curious as to how Rick and Maggie will be leaving the show. Are their characters getting killed off, or is the focus going to be no longer on them, or what? 

I have a bad feeling Rick could be one of the Whisperers' first kills when they show up.  I hope they don't kill Michonne... I'd like to see her get fueled by revenge for Rick's death & give the Whisperers top spot on her shit list.  That katana would be getting a real workout.

There seems to be tension between Rick/Michonne & Maggie now due to what she did.  Could she end up exiled?

On 10/9/2018 at 6:30 PM, gameoverDude189 said:

There seems to be tension between Rick/Michonne & Maggie now due to what she did.  Could she end up exiled?

Nah, not over that. Everybody was informed that Gregory had set Maggie up for an assassination, so her decision to execute Gregory was just, and I think everyone at Hilltop probably agrees with that. Now if she begins killing people for questionable reasons, then yeah, I could see her getting exiled.

Executing Gregory was indeed just (& I see it as an act of self-defense, given that Gregory even tried to kill her himself once it was clear his plot failed).  I'd say it sent a message loud & clear.  I bet Maggie puts Earl on the gallows next for directly carrying out that attack by Glenn's grave.  I wouldn't blame her for that.

Thinking again, I could see the Whisperers taking out Maggie as well as Rick, given the timing of their appearance.  I feel that the Whisperers' coming as 2 big names go is not just coincidence.  No way she'd get exiled.

Edited by gameoverDude189
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well, Rick and Michonne might have a baby Grimes. As for leaders, Maggie will be gone, Rick will be gone, Daryl isn't much of a leader, so I can see Alexandria being handled by Michonne and Carol.

Have you guys een the intro scene they cut out from the introduction? It featured heads on pikes. But AMC ultimately decided that it wasn't worth having just yet cause they want the whisperers to be a "surprise".

I'm sooo hyped for episodes 4 and 5!

I feel the same about Michonne & Carol being good leaders.  Daryl would be best sticking to his current role.

We're down to Rick's 2 last episodes.  So hard to believe that he's going to be gone soon.

Yeah, what is the deal with Anne/Jadis, & WTF are these Helicopter People?  There's that bit about A or B, and also her knocking Gabriel out at the Heaps saying he's not a B after he asks who she's talking to.  Something's up. I am starting to not trust her again.

Crushing walkers with rolling logs in episode 9.2 was pretty cool.  What happened to Aaron made me cringe.

I always try and skip the episode previews because I like going in to the next episodes blind, so I usually have my remote-in-hand pointed at the screen ready to turn it off once I see that brief second of the credits at the bottom of the screen.

Of course they put in big letters...

Spoiler

RICK GRIMES FINAL EPISODE

... immediately at the start of the next episode preview, impossible to miss and setting aside any doubt of what may be coming.

Next week is going to be a real tear jerker, I bet you.  Maybe the first time I actually shed a tear with the show (the Glenn/Abraham/Negan episode came close but that was more awe at the sheer/unexpected brutality of it than anything).  Having unfortunately had the vibe of the episode preview ruined in online comments...

Spoiler

It sounds like they're going the route of "what goes through your mind before you die" which both fascinates me and is ALWAYS a solid gut punch.  Moreso than most other death sequences.  In this case, it's going to wrap up the most prominent piece of the last 8-9 years of my life... television-wise.

... if I can't shed a tear with all that, I'm made of stone.

Edited by Dreakon13

Looks like Anne may well be reverting to Jadis.  Maggie's fate is supposed to be "open-ended".

Rick's last scene in this episode... OMG.  Just OMG.  This one really hit hard.

Spoiler

While Rick is trying to kite a walker horde, a 2nd one comes from the other side. Rick's horse is scared & bucks him off.  He ends up impaled on some rebar, is in pain for awhile, & passes out.

A big HAA @ all those youtubers who said Rick would be stabbed by Whisperers or Daryl... friggin-A man... He

Spoiler

FELL OFF A HORSE!

This was an obvious call back to Season 1 Episode 1 where the same thing happened but Glenn saved him.

QUESTION TO THOSE OF YOU THAT WILL STOP WATCHING AFTER RICK.... Why? I know he's the center of the show... but don't you find it amazing that even the lead of a show is not safe from death? Don't you guys want to see The Whisperers (who dress up like the dead and walk amongst them). Don't know why people wanna stop watching after Rick.

11 hours ago, dokkanexpert said:

QUESTION TO THOSE OF YOU THAT WILL STOP WATCHING AFTER RICK.... Why? I know he's the center of the show... but don't you find it amazing that even the lead of a show is not safe from death? Don't you guys want to see The Whisperers (who dress up like the dead and walk amongst them). Don't know why people wanna stop watching after Rick.

I have no problem with the lead being unsafe from death, but unlike say, Game of Thrones, I don't see any character besides Negan being able to take centre stage. 

12 hours ago, dokkanexpert said:

39 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I have no problem with the lead being unsafe from death, but unlike say, Game of Thrones, I don't see any character besides Negan being able to take centre stage. 

There's Carl - oh wait, never mind.

Spoiler

Offing Carl was a HUGE mistake, doubly so as Kirkman had even said on multiple occasions before that happened that The Walking Dead was mostly about Carl growing up. The comics will probably off Rick at some point (if they already have, don't let me know, I read by compendium so I haven't read past 144) but when they do, they'll have Carl to fall back on (if they offed Carl, again, don't let me know ;-) I do know that comics Carl survived way pasttelevision Carl as 144 is way past the Negan story and time jump afterwards.

1 hour ago, Kassandra said:

Reveal hidden contents

Offing Carl was a HUGE mistake, doubly so as Kirkman had even said on multiple occasions before that happened that The Walking Dead was mostly about Carl growing up. The comics will probably off Rick at some point (if they already have, don't let me know, I read by compendium so I haven't read past 144) but when they do, they'll have Carl to fall back on (if they offed Carl, again, don't let me know ;-) I do know that comics Carl survived way pasttelevision Carl as 144 is way past the Negan story and time jump afterwards.

I never found Carl particularly interesting and I feel like a big part of that has to do with the actor not doing too good of a job. I think Negan replacing Rick is a good choice mainly because Jeffrey Dean Morgan has the charisma and acting ability to fill in for Andrew Lincoln.

13 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

Sure, I will keep watching after Rick is gone. Bring on the Whisperers!  Just please do not let him die right where he ended up at the end of 9-4.  That would be a waste of Rick's death.  Having the Whisperers get him instead would pack more of a punch.

The Whisperer's being responsible for Rick's death would be a great idea & would certainly escalade a war. Unfortunately, Spoiler Alert....

Spoiler

The Whisperer's won't be introduced until Episode 06. Eugene & Rosita will hear "WHERE ARE THEY?" amongst a herd of Walkers.

On 10/30/2018 at 11:11 AM, Kassandra said:

Hide contents

Offing Carl was a HUGE mistake, doubly so as Kirkman had even said on multiple occasions before that happened that The Walking Dead was mostly about Carl growing up. The comics will probably off Rick at some point (if they already have, don't let me know, I read by compendium so I haven't read past 144) but when they do, they'll have Carl to fall back on (if they offed Carl, again, don't let me know ;-) I do know that comics Carl survived way pasttelevision Carl as 144 is way past the Negan s

Yeah. If Andrew Lincoln was leaving in season 9, it might have been wise to keep Carl around. They really fucked themselves there. Now the only thing that will make sense is if Negan escapes and takes over. But even then...they've written themselves into a corner. It would have been much more interesting for Rick to die, have Carl have a flashback of him and Rick sitting in Hershel's barn in season 2, "I'm gonna die..There's no way to be ready for it". And then for the remainder of his teenage years, be raised by Negan. That could have been. 

I just watched 9-05 "What Comes After" & really liked it.  Rick gets off of that rebar using his belt to pull up.  This episode did keep the suspense going. 

After Rick's fate is revealed, something cool happens.

Spoiler

As a group of new faces are fighting off walkers, someone comes to their rescue with a few gunshots.  It's the "Lil' Ass-Kicker" living up to her nickname! Yeah, that's Judith Grimes, who is maybe about 9 years old here.  There's been a time jump.

Edited by gameoverDude189
  • Like 1

This episode was super satisfying for me. It answered so many questions.

Why didn't they do the entire time jump? Oh there's the rest of it, that was a cool way to handle it.

Why'd they kill Carl? Oh so Judith can fill that slot, that's actually pretty badass.

Why are they killing Rick and what's up with the helicopter? Oh they're branching off to their own spin off of sorts, that definitely has more potential than just killing Rick.

I'm super happy with the way this episode went. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree and that's fine, but this is the first time in a long time that I've been excited for the future of TWD.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

This episode was super satisfying for me. It answered so many questions.

Reveal hidden contents

Why didn't they do the entire time jump? Oh there's the rest of it, that was a cool way to handle it.

Why'd they kill Carl? Oh so Judith can fill that slot, that's actually pretty badass.

Why are they killing Rick and what's up with the helicopter? Oh they're branching off to their own spin off of sorts, that definitely has more potential than just killing Rick.

I'm super happy with the way this episode went. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree and that's fine, but this is the first time in a long time that I've been excited for the future of TWD.

Same. I did not expect this episode to be THAT good. But it really was. I wss pleasantly surprised and and satisfied. And we didn't lose Rick, was the best part. I'm excited for the future of this show. New life has been breathed into it.

• Like 1

On Talking Dead, they mentioned something about feature length films being planned for the franchise- which are supposed to feature Rick, wherever it is he ends up.  So even if he's not coming back to the main series, at least his story should be resolved.

I feel sorry for Michonne & Daryl, but this is one of the best TWD episodes in awhile.

Spoiler

Maggie surprised me here.  I thought she was going to clonk Negan to death with that crowbar, but sometimes words can be a better weapon.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 3:03 PM, gameoverDude189 said:

On Talking Dead, they mentioned something about feature length films being planned for the franchise- which are supposed to feature Rick, wherever it is he ends up.  So even if he's not coming back to the main series, at least his story should be resolved.

I feel sorry for Michonne & Daryl, but this is one of the best TWD episodes in awhile.

Reveal hidden contents

Maggie surprised me here.  I thought she was going to clonk Negan to death with that crowbar, but sometimes words can be a better weapon.

I wonder how these AMC Original movies for Rick will end. Like will he die, or will it be open ended with an eventual return to the show?

I didn't even know The Walking Dead was still a thing. Thought it pretty much died out a few years ago.

A lot of these hour long dramas start to lose their luster after the first 5 or 6 seasons. I felt the earlier episodes were better, but some fans will probably still say it's still worth watching.

Don't really care at this point, I'll just watch the episodes on the internet anyway at some point.