Next 'Tales of' game announcement countdown

Omar

Great news! Namco Bandai has published a website in which a countdown appears under the label 'Next Tales of'. This countdown aims at December 12th, only four days from now. It also mentions the franchise's 20th anniversary and, since that will happen in 2015, we might be looking at the early announcement of a title coming in that year.

I'm personally excited about this, because Namco Bandai has been working hard lately in terms of translation and expansion of this franchise. Could it be that we get to see a 'Tales of' worldwide launch? Who knows, what seems to be sure is that, given the quite good reception Graces F and Xillia have had in Europe and North America, the separation between a Japanese and a NA/EU release will be shorter than the one seen with the PS3 titles (Xillia 2 isn't even out yet in NA or Europe). Here's the website: http://next.tales-ch.jp/

So, which are your expectations towards this new 'Tales of'? Will the 'Tales of' series rise up to PS4? ^^

PS: Let's not forget that NB registered the trademark 'Tales of Zestiria' not long ago, which could be related to this announcement. We'll find out in just four days :)

Edited by omar280792
  • Like 2

Probably for the PS4, and we can expect it in the west around 2030. 

Hahahaha that's how it's been so far, but with this one I'm more optimistic......it would be awesome if every market got it in 2015 ^^

I'm getting Tales of Xillia for my B-day. I never played a single game in the series but I'm excited to try something new. Depending on how that experience goes, will determine my excitement for this upcoming tales of... game.

I'm currently playing Xillia's NG+ and trust me, you won't be disappointed. Enjoy :)

There was actually an interview published where Baba said they are already working on a Tales game for PS4 before this interview was published, so I am hoping it is that. Either way, Tales of insanely epic so I am happy with whatever console it is on.

A simultaneous launch would be awesome, but tbh I don't see it happening yet. Sure, the popularity for Tales has been growing rapidly in America and Europe, but I don't think Namco will want to have the project lingering like that. Even Xillia 2 is still slated for a mid-2014 release over here, and the localization is close to completion. :(

• Like 1

There was actually an interview published where Baba said they are already working on a Tales game for PS4 before this interview was published, so I am hoping it is that. Either way, Tales of insanely epic so I am happy with whatever console it is on.

A simultaneous launch would be awesome, but tbh I don't see it happening yet. Sure, the popularity for Tales has been growing rapidly in America and Europe, but I don't think Namco will want to have the project lingering like that. Even Xillia 2 is still slated for a mid-2014 release over here, and the localization is close to completion. :(

I don't think it's gonna happen either, but I'm optimistic about the time difference between both release dates, I think that we'll see the title less than a year after the Japanese. In fact, I prefer that it comes later, since I'll be pretty busy with Xillia 2 and Symphonia HD ^^

I'd like to know how the next title will look like. Lets just hope it is for a home console though, they could surprise us all with a Vita game.

Either way, it probably wont come to this side on a few years. I mean we still have the Chronicles and Xillia 2 coming.

UPDATE: The website, a few hours before the big announcement, has been updated, it shows a landscape which looks like the summit of a mountain or a hill, and clicking on it triggers what seems to be the roar of a lion! That's obviously a hint, any ideas? Anyway, tomorrow we'll find out! If the game is headed to PS4 or PS Vita, I'll create a topic as soon as I get some official information (I someone doesn't do it before ^^), under the correct label (I created this one on PS3 because I couldn't know where this next game will be headed to) Stay tuned! :)

Edited by omar280792

UPDATE: The website, a few hours before the big announcement, has been updated, it shows a landscape which looks like the summit of a mountain or a hill, and clicking on it triggers what seems to be the roar of a lion! That's obviously a hint, any ideas? Anyway, tomorrow we'll find out! If the game is headed to PS4 or PS Vita, I'll create a topic as soon as I get some official information (I someone doesn't do it before ^^), under the correct label (I created this one on PS3 because I couldn't know where this next game will be headed to) Stay tuned! :)

Tales of Roaria?

Tales of Lionidas?

Tales of Grawr?

• Like 1