Ghost of Tsushima: new “Rivals” game mode (Sept. 3)

NetoStyle

6 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I'm not sure, mate. I had all 110 gear equipped if that helps and I had a mastery on each piece. I also did the side missions in the match as well. The cursed gear was a reward in the rewards screen at the end of the match.

Ok i kinda feel stupid. I did not know that you had to have a master challenge equipped before you can receive a piece of cursed gear. Ty.

1 hour ago, Valtekken173 said:

Tbh I wouldn't call it a practice mode, it's just Rivals without any...rivals. You get dropped into a match and have all the time in the world to defeat your enemies while no one is there on the other side to defeat those enemies. I completed all three of the currently available Rivals stages on Gold, and I tried multiple combinations of curses, Fire Spirits and shades but it seems that the only one that will work is 5 basic shades (the 5 nagatama ones), which can't be summoned if you play solo. I already asked Sucker Punch on Twitter if they're able to fix this for solo players, since I understand how it could be unbalanced for people who actually play online. Hopefully they reply sooner or later.

Thank you, my friend. Much appreciated!

As things currently stand, you can't win that trophy solo, so that previous poster has not won it solo. I've tried every possible combination, 5 fires/10 fires, 3 shades + 2 fires, 3 shades + 5-10 fires, 3 shades + fire+ health, it's not working. I've tried deliberately dying between waves so i can get more Magatama and thus buy more of the curses that aren't busy, it's simply impossible to get it solo as of now. 

Edited by Kargetina

1 hour ago, Brightblade76 said:

But the other guy told he used fire spirits and did it solo, even though I can see he has plus anyway. I'm gonna test it again in a few hours.

Don't waste your time, I tested it already by doing 5 Fire Spirits consecutively and right after that I summoned 3 shades and 1 elder shade. Trophy did not pop. I also tried using the two curses right after that, effectively using literally every tool the game gives you in one match. Trophy still didn't pop.

Shame Sucker Punch decided to lock the 100% behind Plus again, especially considering that this wasn't even a trophy that needed Plus technically.

13 minutes ago, Kargetina said:

Thank you, my friend. Much appreciated!

As things currently stand, you can't win that trophy solo, so that previous poster has not won it solo. I've tried every possible combination, 5 fires/10 fires, 3 shades + 2 fires, 3 shades + 5-10 fires, 3 shades + fire+ health, it's not working. I've tried deliberately dying between waves so i can get more Magatama and thus buy more of the curses that aren't busy, it's simply impossible to get it solo as of now. 

You're welcome, but I doubt they'll fix this.

And yeah, I agree...dude simply played against someone else to get this trophy, no other way to get it. I did 5 fires+3 shades+1 elder shade+2 different curses in one match, but no. It simply can't be obtained if you play solo.

• Like 1

Yeah I can  confirm it doesn't work, guess it's a feature inserted just to force you to pay for plus. I'm gonna wait one of the weekends with free online they do every now and then, as I'm not gonna pay a month of plus just to summon two more shades.

edit. On a bright note, I did a gold survival, finished the first round then had the enemies kill me, and I've received a cursed bow, my first and only drop after attempting to get a cursed item lol

I have to kill 25 enemies in flame to purify it.

Edited by Brightblade76

20 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

Yeah I can  confirm it doesn't work, guess it's a feature inserted just to force you to pay for plus. I'm gonna wait one of the weekends with free online they do every now and then, as I'm not gonna pay a month of plus just to summon two more shades.

edit. On a bright note, I did a gold survival, finished the first round then had the enemies kill me, and I've received a cursed bow, my first and only drop after attempting to get a cursed item lol

I have to kill 25 enemies in flame to purify it.

Same, I waited 2 months to get Ultimate Truth and 5 MONTHS to get Transcendence. I'll wait until the next Plus free weekend, fuck paying 8€ for this trophy. It ain't even a gold trophy, smh

30 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

Meanwhile, 12/25 enemies killed for the ritual of purification, quite boring if you do it just for the trophies.

edit. OK, took it out of the way. So, only the shades trophy requires plus/other players, unless someone finds another way.

Basically, we're fucked until the next free multiplayer weekend, until Sucker Punch fixes it or until someone else finds a way to glitch this or whatever.

1 minute ago, Valtekken173 said:

Basically, we're fucked until the next free multiplayer weekend, until Sucker Punch fixes it or until someone else finds a way to glitch this or whatever.

I highly doubt they'll fix it, the mode was specifically designed to be co-op over sp. It's not even fun solo imop. They likely were told by Sony that at least one has to require multiple people so they could sell plus subscriptions.  I keep plus renewed specifically for the cloud save back up on PS5 and free games anyways.

It's funny you can summon two "basic" shades, but not three, four... so why two and not just one lol

You can't even hit enemies on the other "field" to lure them and kill your shade (assuming enemies of your rivals can kill your shades, which I don't know).

PS. Since I don't have anything else to do in rivals, I'll just leave a match going on to see if after an unspecified amount of time they vanish.

Edited by Brightblade76

3 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

It's funny you can summon two "basic" shades, but not three, four... so why two and not just one lol

You can't even hit enemies on the other "field" to lure them and kill your shade (assuming enemies of your rivals can kill your shades, which I don't know).

PS. Since I don't have anything else to do in rivals, I'll just leave a match going on to see if after an unspecified amount of time they vanish.

Any success? ?

Edited by Kargetina

7 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I highly doubt they'll fix it, the mode was specifically designed to be co-op over sp. It's not even fun solo imop. They likely were told by Sony that at least one has to require multiple people so they could sell plus subscriptions.  I keep plus renewed specifically for the cloud save back up on PS5 and free games anyways.

If that's the case, Sony are as usual dicks. I'm not fucking buying Plus for a trophy. I don't see why I should essentially pay for a trophy, it's ridiculous. I'll wait until the next free weekend, it's not like I'm in a hurry to uninstall this game or anything. Next game I want to buy is well over 4 months away and I still have space for it on my SSD regardless of this game being on there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JunkSkelington said:

You guys sure whine about the most ridiculous shit. Plus is 40/yr and well worth it.  There's nothing insidious going on here by sp or Sony, it's a gamemode designed to be played online as team vs team.

Plus ain't worth shit if you don't like playing any kind of online and you like owning your games.

22 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

Plus ain't worth shit if you don't like playing any kind of online and you like owning your games.

Liking owning your games isn't the same as only buying physical.

I like and prefer physical games but that doesn't stop me from enjoying games digitally.(including some of monthly stuff in the IGC)

It is 2021. I think it is difficult to be an active and honest gamer while also actively avoiding digital-only games. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

I like and prefer physical games but that doesn't stop me from enjoying games digitally.(including some of monthly stuff in the IGC)

It is 2021. I think it is difficult to be an active and honest gamer while also actively avoiding digital-only games. 

I buy physical mainly and only buy digital if it's on a major sale or if it's only on digital so I feel the same way. 

The greatest thing about plus for me, being primarily a single player gamer, is that a lot of times the free games will be stuff that I would never have had any interest in buying but I would at least try.  There have been many surprise favorites of mine that I discovered because of plus.

The other reason plus is so handy for me is the PS5 does not currently have a way of backing up game saves outside of plus, and having experienced losing every save I had from the launch of the PS3 until early 2010 due to hdd and yellow light on my original PS3 I don't want to ever experience that again.  

Not to mention there are sites that often times sell a year of plus for half price.  I just stock up then and am good for a few years or more.

• Like 1

they literally had 12 months of ps+ for 50% off for a few weeks last month, if you can't afford PS+, maybe playing games, an expensive hobby, is not for you, PS+ has been a core of the PlayStation home console experience for over 8 years now, get with the times or get left behind, lmao at the people thinking some random trophy in an online mode requiring ps+ is some strategy by Sony to sell PS+, you might want to look into flat earth, that might be for you, there are countless games with free online features like Watch Dogs was and the free games don't need PS+ and never did on PS unlike xbox where people paid for over a decade to play free games online, Sony has actually been the most reasonable of the 3 when it comes to this

• Like 4

I couldn't autopop any of PS4 trophies info ps5 version. How do you do this?
EDIT: Nevermind, got this from the scratch the 2nd time in an hour. Man, am I good at this game and I can brag about it :D .
Tips: Playing a story on hard morde or playing Rivals for a longer time did a job for me to get a cursed weapon.
Cleansing is easy, because a reqiurement is not something not to fufill within one match.
Getting shades? Do the 5' ones 5 times and you free to go, don't bother spending stuff on another things, especially if your main focus is to get that trophy.
I thought I've got a little rusty after a break from raid, but not really, using your skills and knowing your class perfectly (playing the fire-bending huntress with legendary healing) will do the trick to get 25 of value in one game.
Winning it? Try to accumulate the stuff for two bonuses at once, f.e. health steal + shade, to do some kind of combos and don't rush with your ult until the last defense wave.

About the whole "I don't have PS+ and I have to complain about not getting a trophy".
Geez, you've got an excellent game with unexpected f2p mode for at least extra 20 hours of playtime, designed for CO-OP (so requiring online connection for a full experience) and you whine because some trophies cannot be received in offline/practice mode, which, by the way, shouldn't give you any kind of reward, because, well, it's a practice mode? Payment for PS+ was a thing since like 10 years ago and if you want to complain about non-free server maintenance, well, go throw rocks at Microsoft, because they started it with Xbox Live back in 2001.
Unfortunately, having that oh-so-sweet 100% of trophies nowadays requires some extra cash/itme/effort, because, well, mostly it is associated with new content and in that case, Sucker Punch (apart from paying for PS5 upgrade, but well, that's Sony's managament's fault) did a really good job with adding that new stuff, because it's like, in summary, at least 30 hours of gampelay (Iki Island + Legends mode in whole).

Edited by princefan2407
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

I didn't say that having digital games is not owning them. I said that having them on a Plus subscription is effectively not owning them. If the sub runs out, you're locked out of those games. Can't happen with digital games you own.

4 hours ago, LockheedPrime said:

they literally had 12 months of ps+ for 50% off for a few weeks last month, if you can't afford PS+, maybe playing games, an expensive hobby, is not for you, PS+ has been a core of the PlayStation home console experience for over 8 years now, get with the times or get left behind, lmao at the people thinking some random trophy in an online mode requiring ps+ is some strategy by Sony to sell PS+, you might want to look into flat earth, that might be for you, there are countless games with free online features like Watch Dogs was and the free games don't need PS+ and never did on PS unlike xbox where people paid for over a decade to play free games online, Sony has actually been the most reasonable of the 3 when it comes to this

If you don't play online and don't care about the free Plus games, Plus isn't part nor core of the PS home console experience at all for you. I don't play online, so Plus hasn't been part of my life at all.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

I didn't say that having digital games is not owning them. I said that having them on a Plus subscription is effectively not owning them. If the sub runs out, you're locked out of those games. Can't happen with digital games you own.

If you don't play online and don't care about the free Plus games, Plus isn't part nor core of the PS home console experience at all for you. I don't play online, so Plus hasn't been part of my life at all.

I trophy Hunt, as a trophy hunter, online components for games are unavoidable, hence PS+ is essential, idk how anybody could trophy hunt 100% singleplayer games with absolutely no online feature trophies, even if you buy a 100% singleplayer game like Ghost of Tsushima, they surprise add n online mode later and what are you going to to? not complete it? PS+ is essential for everybody, wheter you play online or not, and if absolutely not a single game from the 24 free games yearly interest you, ... you might need to widen your interests

I'm a collector and I can barely keep up with the games I'm interested in and that I buy, so the random free stuff they offer on a montly basis doesn't appeal to me. If I'll ever lay my eyes on other games with mp trophies, I'll group them toghether and pay for a month of plus and take them out of the way, otherwise it's fine by me to wait for the first free online weekend, I'm not in a hurry.

If the entire mode wasn't accessibile unless you had plus, that would make sense, but designing just one single trophy requiring you to pay for a subscription seems fishy to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brightblade76 said:

I'm a collector and I can barely keep up with the games I'm interested in and that I buy, so the random free stuff they offer on a montly basis doesn't appeal to me. If I'll ever lay my eyes on other games with mp trophies, I'll group them toghether and pay for a month of plus and take them out of the way, otherwise it's fine by me to wait for the first free online weekend, I'm not in a hurry.

If the entire mode wasn't accessibile unless you had plus, that would make sense, but designing just one single trophy requiring you to pay for a subscription seems fishy to me.

The raid trophy needs plus also, so technically two trophies.  And finishing a survival on gold solo is doable but not easy in the least, so you could argue that one too.

2 hours ago, LockheedPrime said:

I trophy Hunt, as a trophy hunter, online components for games are unavoidable, hence PS+ is essential, idk how anybody could trophy hunt 100% singleplayer games with absolutely no online feature trophies, even if you buy a 100% singleplayer game like Ghost of Tsushima, they surprise add n online mode later and what are you going to to? not complete it? PS+ is essential for everybody, wheter you play online or not, and if absolutely not a single game from the 24 free games yearly interest you, ... you might need to widen your interests

First of all, 99% of the games I buy are singleplayer games. Second, whenever this happens, I wait patiently for the next free multiplayer weekend. PS+ is NOT essential. Also, I don't care at all about those free games because I DON'T OWN THEM. They could literally be 24 AAA games and I still wouldn't care because I don't own them with PS Plus. Take a look at my completion percentage on my profile and you'll see that I did just fine all these years without Plus. Also, who the hell are you to tell me to widen my interests? My tastes are not up for debate just as much as the next guy's. No tastes are up for debate.
Really, just stop talking because you're coming off as more and more disrespectful with every post.

3 hours ago, princefan2407 said:

[cut]

About the whole "I don't have PS+ and I have to complain about not getting a trophy".
Geez, you've got an excellent game with unexpected f2p mode for at least extra 20 hours of playtime, designed for CO-OP (so requiring online connection for a full experience) and you whine because some trophies cannot be received in offline/practice mode, which, by the way, shouldn't give you any kind of reward, because, well, it's a practice mode? Payment for PS+ was a thing since like 10 years ago and if you want to complain about non-free server maintenance, well, go throw rocks at Microsoft, because they started it with Xbox Live back in 2001.
Unfortunately, having that oh-so-sweet 100% of trophies nowadays requires some extra cash/time/effort, because, well, mostly it is associated with new content and in that case, Sucker Punch (apart from paying for PS5 upgrade, but well, that's Sony's managament's fault) did a really good job with adding that new stuff, because it's like, in summary, at least 30 hours of gampelay (Iki Island + Legends mode in whole).

I played the entirety of Legends mode solo and thoroughly enjoyed it, earning trophies along the way (which by the way I'm arguably more deserving of than people who played co-op since it was all done without any outside help). I doubt Sucker Punch would come and tell me I was wrong for enjoying it this way, even though they designed it for co-op. The complaining here is because this particular trophy could've 100% been a solo trophy just like all the other solo trophies in the Legends mode, but for an arbitrary reason it wasn't. I didn't say a word when the Raid trophy needed Plus to be unlocked, I just waited for a free weekend because it clearly was an experience that was entirely designed to be completed with a party of 4 and not a mode that was better if played with 4 people but doable solo. I also didn't say a word when the gold survival trophy needed Plus to be unlocked, because that was also an experience that was entirely designed to be completed with 2 or more people. It's literally almost impossible to do it solo because of its design, not because of an arbitrary restriction. The issue here is entirely the arbitrary restriction. Why can only 3+1 shades be summoned, instead of 4+1 or 5+1? Balance reasons for multiplayer, sure. There should be no problem changing that for solo players then, right? Can't take up that much dev time after all.

I have no issue spending extra time and effort for new content, or extra cash if the cost is upfront (see the Director's Cut upgrade, which I preordered and then completed entirely within two days of its release)...but having to pay for PS Plus to get a trophy (and I mean literally just unlock it, not "this trophy can technically be done solo but it's practically impossible") is just awful. If they really wanna make me pay, they can add a 2€ fee for a weekend of online play and I'll begrudgingly pay that, but 8€ for a full month I'm not even going to use is just not a value proposition to me and any other people who don't play online and don't care about the monthly games.