'GTA IV' name change to 'Grand Theft Auto IV'

willmill97

Hey!

I noticed something recently on this site, that the Australian version of Saint's Row IV was listed as 'Saint's Row IV (AU)' and now it has changed back to just 'Saint's Row IV'. This leads me to believe that Admins may be able to change the names of other games that are listed. 

My OCD kills me, and having 2 games called 'GTA IV' and 'Grand Theft Auto V' hurts my insides. Would it be possible for it to be fixed so it says 'Grand Theft Auto IV'? If it is possible, I'm guessing it would be a 2 minute job. I bet there are some people that feel my pain, too! :P

While the GTA IV and Grand Theft Auto V difference doesn't affect me, it would be cool if the games had the appropriate regions listed after the titles. I do remember at one time the games had this, but they no longer do.

The game names come in as officially listed from the trophy list for that game on PSN (Which is why GTA IV is named that way, because on your trophy list on your PS3, it is "GTA IV" as Rockstar Games officially chose to name it on PSN trophy lists), from there I'm pretty fairly certain that admins can change any game name so far as I've seen from name changes of previous games on the site. I don't have the ability to change names, just headers and trophy cards, but like you, from what I've ususally seen is an admin taking the or ® out of the name to make it easier to search on the site for example, I would guess that's mostly up to Sly to change it to the full title if he wants to  ;) I agree though, I've found myself attempting to type "Grand Theft Auto IV" in the search a few times, haha

Edited by BlindMango

The game names come in as officially listed from the trophy list for that game on PSN (Which is why GTA IV is named that way, because on your trophy list on your PS3, it is "GTA IV" as Rockstar Games officially chose to name it on PSN trophy lists), from there I'm pretty fairly certain that admins can change any game name so far as I've seen from name changes of previous games on the site. I don't have the ability to change names, just headers and trophy cards, but like you, from what I've ususally seen is an admin taking the or ® out of the name to make it easier to search on the site for example, I would guess that's mostly up to Sly to change it to the full title if he wants to  ;) I agree though, I've found myself attempting to type "Grand Theft Auto IV" in the search a few times, haha

I see, if you can, would you notify Sly of this? It would be much appreciated :)

I'd love to see capitalised titles be normalised like most others; 'GRAVITY RUSH' becoming 'Gravity Rush', for instance. I also second the change for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Revelations, as highlighted by Matticus above.

I'd also like to see colons being used for some titles, like Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for example, and for the sort function to ignore articles, but now I'm just pushing it. :P

Nonetheless, and whilst I have no intention of playing Grand Theft Auto IV on this account, I'm very appreciative of the change.

I'd love to see capitalised titles be normalised like most others; 'GRAVITY RUSH' becoming 'Gravity Rush', for instance. 

I agree, same could be said for: 'SONIC UNLEASHED', 'RESIDENT EVIL 5', 'MOTORSTORM RC', 'ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE', 'RESOGUN', 'MOTORSTORM APOCALYPSE', 'TEKKEN 6', the list could go on.

I'd also like to see colons being used for some titles, like Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for example, and for the sort function to ignore articles, but now I'm just pushing it. :P

I agree with this also, I'm not sure if there are many other games like this though.

Nonetheless, and whilst I have no intention of playing Grand Theft Auto IV on this account, I'm very appreciative of the change.

Me too! Thanks Sly!

Why was this changed? It should be the same as it is listed on PSN....

Because it looks ugly. 

Also, I'm guessing this was changed as soon as these games were put on this site, but Battlefield 3 and WipEout HD are called 'Battlefield 3 Trophies' and 'WipEout HD Trophies' on PSN. That just looks silly...

Edited by willmill97

Because it looks ugly. 

Also, I'm guessing this was changed as soon as these games were put on this site, but Battlefield 3 and WipEout HD are called 'Battlefield 3 Trophies' and 'WipEout HD Trophies' on PSN. That just looks silly...

Well on my PS and on the PSN official site Prototype is listed as [Prototype], but here is just Prototype.

There are some other differences on the PS3 since there are often names with ® or ™ that mess up the alphabetical order.

Well on my PS and on the PSN official site Prototype is listed as [Prototype], but here is just Prototype.

There are some other differences on the PS3 since there are often names with ® or ™ that mess up the alphabetical order.

I'm not sure how to interpret that one :P

I'm just saying that there are differences in how the games are labeled here and on PSN.

Just let it be.

The names come in here exactly like they are named on PSN and then the admins edit names for select games (taking the ® or out, or removing weird parts of the name like in Prototype) to make the game easier to search for.

Hey!

I noticed something recently on this site, that the Australian version of Saint's Row IV was listed as 'Saint's Row IV (AU)' and now it has changed back to just 'Saint's Row IV'. This leads me to believe that Admins may be able to change the names of other games that are listed. 

My OCD kills me, and having 2 games called 'GTA IV' and 'Grand Theft Auto V' hurts my insides. Would it be possible for it to be fixed so it says 'Grand Theft Auto IV'? If it is possible, I'm guessing it would be a 2 minute job. I bet there are some people that feel my pain, too! :P

That's not even close to OCD :shakefist: Sorry I guess I have a little OCD when it comes to people using OCD incorrectly :S

• Like 4

Hi!

I saw that "GTA IV" recently changed name to "Grand Theft Auto IV"! I liked that, so I wonder if it was possible to do the same for Assassins Creed Rev, and Assassins Creed Brotherhood. To change from "AC:Revelations" to "Assassins Creed: Revelations" and the same for brotherhood, The reason is because it looks more nice, and also it will fix the alphabetical sorting.

- Praeditos

• Like 1

Hi!

I saw that "GTA IV" recently changed name to "Grand Theft Auto IV"! I liked that, so I wonder if it was possible to do the same for Assassins Creed Rev, and Assassins Creed Brotherhood. To change from "AC:Revelations" to "Assassins Creed: Revelations" and the same for brotherhood, The reason is because it looks more nice, and also it will fix the alphabetical sorting.

- Praeditos

To add on to this, remember that Assassin's Creed has an apostrophe ( ' ) after the "n" and before the "s" in the name - Assassin's... Just my OCD with game titles, haha.

ALSO, lol, I'd like to point out that "LittleBigPlanet 2" officially has a space between the "t" and the "2", the two has no spacing away from the "t" on this site though, that was probably an accident that occurred when they removed the from between the t and the 2 when it came into the site.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Hi!

- Praeditos

Even though I don't care for the game itself, it would be nice to see this change.

• Like 1