Remasters for ps5

dannyswfc9

I can appreciate a good remaster for an older, outdated game. The problem I see is that they're "remastering" games that came out on last gen hardware that hardly need remastering. I mean, sure... they're slightly better, but it hardly feels like it's worth it. 

I would be ecstatic to see a WARHAWK remaster/overhaul for today's systems. Unfortunately... It doesn't ever appear to be in the cards. Extremely unfortunate as Warhawk was probably my favorite multiplayer experience ever. 

I would also appreciate a remaster of Resistance (2 speciffically).

Sadly we get 800 different versions of Last of Us, Skyrim & Uncharted instead. Which...don't get me wrong, I LOVE both those games/series...but I've played them each a million times already now. 

for me, the problem is not the rerelease of games, the problem is the low effort put into it, for example, Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 is literally the PS4 Pro mode updated from 1800p checkerboard to 2160p checkerboard, really? you couldn't even do a native 4k mode? are you that LAZY?

in comparison, FF7R not only had a native 4k mode, even if it's dymanic, most of the time it is native 4k, huge graphical updates, QoL updates, all for FREE, unlike Tsushima which was paid

Edited by The Investigator
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Investigator said:

for me, the problem is not the rerelease of games, the problem is the low effort put into it, for example, Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 is literally the PS4 Pro mode updated from 1800p checkerboard to 2160p checkerboard, really? you couldn't even do a native 4k mode? are you that LAZY?

in comparison, FF7R not only had a native 4k mode, even if it's dymanic, most of the time it is native 4k, huge graphical updates, QoL updates, all for FREE, unlike Tsushima which was paid

which to me, yeah ill take a free upgrade (FF7R), But no way in hell id pay 20-28$ depending on where you live for a PS4 to PS5 upgrade that is half assed. That's downright crazy. I'll play Tsushima again when its part of the new plus. At least I'll be getting more games for a few extra bucks a year. It just happens to be incl.

as for remasters, i dont want many, but Persona 3 FES with a fully controlled party, Persona 4 Golden, and Digital Devil Saga series along with Xenosaga series. But i doubt any aside from Persona 3 and 4 happen.

As for remakes.... there is many, many ps1 titles deserving of a remake and more.

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

which to me, yeah ill take a free upgrade (FF7R), But no way in hell id pay 20-28$ depending on where you live for a PS4 to PS5 upgrade that is half assed. That's downright crazy. I'll play Tsushima again when its part of the new plus. At least I'll be getting more games for a few extra bucks a year. It just happens to be incl.

as for remasters, i dont want many, but Persona 3 FES with a fully controlled party, Persona 4 Golden, and Digital Devil Saga series along with Xenosaga series. But i doubt any aside from Persona 3 and 4 happen.

As for remakes.... there is many, many ps1 titles deserving of a remake and more.

It seems so strange that Persona 3 FES has only seen the light of day on PS2 and PS3 as a classic. I wonder whether it is just a niche game?  Though Nocturne was re-released and that's a far less casual gamer friendly game.

6 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

It seems so strange that Persona 3 FES has only seen the light of day on PS2 and PS3 as a classic. I wonder whether it is just a niche game?  Though Nocturne was re-released and that's a far less casual gamer friendly game.

yea I'm not sure what the deal is..I mean thay and 4 went to steam and its just been "rumored" for ps for awhile now which i hate. ANYTHING can be a rumor, no guarantee. Would prefer Atlus just say something instead of surveys for things they already know... do we want to see persona remasters? yes. idiots lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Payment awaits.2122.png

meh. Itll be part of ps+ premium. technically yaaa im paying for it but whatever. GoT upgrade didn't seem worth it. But i may play it again on the upgrade when its on premium. Since saves transfer,  i can just do the expansion. 

Trust me, money isn't an issue for me. 

9 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

meh. Itll be part of ps+ premium. technically yaaa im paying for it but whatever. GoT upgrade didn't seem worth it. But i may play it again on the upgrade when its on premium. Since saves transfer,  i can just do the expansion. 

Trust me, money isn't an issue for me. 

Mostly intended as a joke but in general Sony has a penchant for wanting money from customers from the same thing over and over again.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on the game for me, I prefer remasters of old PS2 and PS3 games, even Nintendo games being ported to PS4/5 like story of seasons friends of mineral town, rune factory and also Story of Seasons Olive town is apparently coming in July. FF and KH remasters were great imo, I really loved the FFX/X-2, XII TZA and KH BBS compared to the original ones. Shin megami tensei, Spyro, Tales of Vesperia and FF7 remake were also good. 

But remastering a PS4 game is totally pointless (like what life is strange did... what was the point... ?). I would love to see some old games remastered to PS5, particularly Persona 3, Tales of the Abyss and older Tales like Destiny 1 and 2. 

• Like 1

For me, if a game isn't at all available on modern platforms a remaster is fine. They can really help get players back up to speed on an old or dormant, forgotten franchise, as well as build interest in upcoming sequels. Sometimes they're even just useful for the sake of preservation, too... but yeah, remastering ps4 games really isn't needed when PS5 can play practically all of them.