Legends progress

heyTrust

As far i know the legends progress is stored in a save file locally. So if make progress in the ps5 or win some gear there I can't access it on ps4 right?

Don't you guy's agree that atleast this should be stored online? 

Edited by leandroxpto
  • Like 1

According to the Rivals blog post they released Legends progress will work both ways.  I imagine on the 3rd they'll be updating it to work that way.  Perhaps migrating legends data onto their servers once you load in or something.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/08/04/ghost-of-tsushima-legends-gets-standalone-release-adds-new-rivals-mode-on-september-3/

Last sentences of the second paragraph.

2 hours ago, Kunegunda_GoRyl said:

What about Legends Mode trophies? Did any1 confirm that? I rly don't want to do the raids again, gave me a hard time + I got a pretty decent Ronin build with some good equipment saved.

If you did it on PS4 it will autopop for PS5. 

On another note I really don't like being forced to do the multiplayer to finish a quest in the DLC. Feels really scummy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 10:10 PM, LunchCannon54 said:

If you did it on PS4 it will autopop for PS5. 

On another note I really don't like being forced to do the multiplayer to finish a quest in the DLC. Feels really scummy. 

What's this? Is it an optional quest? Will I have to do multiplayer to get all the Iki trophies?

5 hours ago, emailking said:

What's this? Is it an optional quest? Will I have to do multiplayer to get all the Iki trophies?

Yes, you have to finish the Legends story final mission, which requires you to finish every other Legends mission to unlock, in order to finish one of the unwritten stories to get the trophy for doing them all.  You can do them solo and without PS+ though, but they will be quite challenging that way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sponge0812 said:

Any news on the transcendence trophy, only one that did not auto pop for me and do not want to do the raid again, it's completed on ps4 but not popping on ps%

Have you tried completing Chapter 3 again? That should pop it for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/9/2021 at 2:43 PM, sponge0812 said:

Not yet as need to do chapter 2 again to unlock chap 3, if I get some time I will try and get chap 2 done, just don't want to do it really :)

Weird, the only guy I know that didn't autopop the Transcendence trophy had all three raid chapters unlocked after transferring his ps4 save, so as soon as he completed chapter 3 again he got the trophy.

On 10/2/2021 at 4:32 AM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Just coming here to say that's false. I just had to REDO the last mission in order to finish the unwritten tale because it wasn't working.

The tweet says it's removed, see below.

The next patch after added a tracker for it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/10/2021 at 9:19 AM, R-Linskey said:

Difficulty for the TRANSCENDENCE trophy in DLC 1 Legends ?

It depends on matchmaking if you planning to do it with randoms and it will be obvious by they players lvl , if playing with friends with a guides and communication its fairly easy but still skill dependent. 

So it can be 4/10 or 9/10

Ch 1 usually takes 30 min with experts up to 1 hour for biggers and its simple enough .

Ch 2  takes 1 hour with expert up to 2 or 3 or just impossible if all 4 players are biggers and don't communicate .

mics properly required for this one especially if you didn't watch any guides or there is more than 1 new players in the team you will need someone to explain what to do .

Ch 3 with randoms it super easy at takes 5 min and usually all you have to do is just stand on a pressure plate and the experts you matched with ( hopefully) will do the rest .

Obviously watch a guide on youtube beforehand especially for chapter 2 as the puzzles and platforming part is kinda complicated and requires communication .

Edited by AbOo-92-OoD

• 8 months later...
On 26/08/2021 at 10:01 PM, Snake2410 said:

According to the Rivals blog post they released Legends progress will work both ways.  I imagine on the 3rd they'll be updating it to work that way.  Perhaps migrating legends data onto their servers once you load in or something.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/08/04/ghost-of-tsushima-legends-gets-standalone-release-adds-new-rivals-mode-on-september-3/

Last sentences of the second paragraph.

So do the Legends trophies officially pop both ways now, i.e. PS5 to PS4 and PS4 to PS5? I heard Sucker Punch were working-on a patch to make it online so that progress wouldn't be tied to the local save.

I will be tackling NG+ and the single player  DLC on PS5 for the best experience and don't mind doing all single player content on PS4 from scratch but if the raid is as hard as people say I'd rather just auto pop them. 

2 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

So do the Legends trophies officially pop both ways now, i.e. PS5 to PS4 and PS4 to PS5? I heard Sucker Punch were working-on a patch to make it online so that progress wouldn't be tied to the local save.

I will be tackling NG+ and the single player  DLC on PS5 for the best experience and don't mind doing all single player content on PS4 from scratch but if the raid is as hard as people say I'd rather just auto pop them. 

Most of them will pop from PS4 to PS5 for most people, but some have reported they didn't.  Make sure to carry over your Legends data when it asks after downloading a save on the PS5 version.  For me everything popped but a couple Rivals trophies.  But they were quick and easy to get anyways so it wasn't a huge deal.

I don't believe they ever were able to make it transferable both ways.  It might've been missworded or something.  Maybe someone else can confirm for me.  They hadn't added an option for PS5 to PS4 transfer for Legends the last time I played.

It isn't necessarily that the raid is hard, it just needs good coordination and communicationbetween everyone to go as smoothly as possible.  But yeah, I'd recommend doing it on PS4 and auto popping it.  And make sure you exit back into the single player after doing it and not exit to menu.  For a while it was really finicky when porting from PS4 to PS5 if you exit to menu after doing the raid.  Not sure if it still is or not.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Most of them will pop from PS4 to PS5 for most people, but some have reported they didn't.  Make sure to carry over your Legends data when it asks after downloading a save on the PS5 version.  For me everything popped but a couple Rivals trophies.  But they were quick and easy to get anyways so it wasn't a huge deal.

I don't believe they ever were able to make it transferable both ways.  It might've been missworded or something.  Maybe someone else can confirm for me.  They hadn't added an option for PS5 to PS4 transfer for Legends the last time I played.

It isn't necessarily that the raid is hard, it just needs good coordination and communicationbetween everyone to go as smoothly as possible.  But yeah, I'd recommend doing it on PS4 and auto popping it.  And make sure you exit back into the single player after doing it and not exit to menu.  For a while it was really finicky when porting from PS4 to PS5 if you exit to menu after doing the raid.  Not sure if it still is or not.

Thanks for the detailed post. When you say exit back into single player after "doing it", do you mean exit into single player after playing the raid or exit back into single player after auto popping the raid trophies? 

11 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Thanks for the detailed post. When you say exit back into single player after "doing it", do you mean exit into single player after playing the raid or exit back into single player after auto popping the raid trophies? 

After finishing any legends sessions that you got trophies from.  That way it'll generate an auto save and it'll be less likely to fail popping trophies when you do transfer.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2022 at 10:43 PM, Snake2410 said:

After finishing any legends sessions that you got trophies from.  That way it'll generate an auto save and it'll be less likely to fail popping trophies when you do transfer.

OK, so I've got a bit of a problem: 

I auto popped the plat to the PS5 version and then played through Iki island and New Game Plus on the PS5 version thereafter. I started to enjoy my NG+ playtrough on the PS5 so much that I decided to 100% the map again just for fun, i.e. did all the fox dens, shrines, haikus, side missions etc. I even have most of the cosmetics unlocked for Jin and my horse.

I've also completed Iki island on PS4  and the visual quality difference between PS5 and PS4 is really noticeable to the point that I just can't wait to get back to the PS5 version. The PS4 even has more bugs in it (which was there at launch). I haven't started New Game Plus on the PS4 version yet but when I do I don't plan on doing side stuff and getting all cosmetics like I did for the PS5, so essentially my PS4 version will be far more incomplete in terms of content when all is said and done.

The thing is, I don't want to lose my fully cleared map on the PS5 version so my question is, is there a way to auto pop just the legends progress from PS4 without bringing the single player progress over as well?

14 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

OK, so I've got a bit of a problem: 

I auto popped the plat to the PS5 version and then played through Iki island and New Game Plus on the PS5 version thereafter. I started to enjoy my NG+ playtrough on the PS5 so much that I decided to 100% the map again just for fun, i.e. did all the fox dens, shrines, haikus, side missions etc. I even have most of the cosmetics unlocked for Jin and my horse.

I've also completed Iki island on PS4  and the visual quality difference between PS5 and PS4 is really noticeable to the point that I just can't wait to get back to the PS5 version. The PS4 even has more bugs in it (which was there at launch). I haven't started New Game Plus on the PS4 version yet but when I do I don't plan on doing side stuff and getting all cosmetics like I did for the PS5, so essentially my PS4 version will be far more incomplete in terms of content when all is said and done.

The thing is, I don't want to lose my fully cleared map on the PS5 version so my question is, is there a way to auto pop just the legends progress from PS4 without bringing the single player progress over as well?

You have to import the PS4 save to PS5 so the only way would be if you turn off automatic save upload on your PS5 and then manually back up your PS5 save to the ps+ cloud before transfering your PS4 save again.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

You have to import the PS4 save to PS5 so the only way would be if you turn off automatic save upload on your PS5 and then manually back up your PS5 save to the ps+ cloud before transfering your PS4 save again.

I thought you were gonna say that. If I'm being perfectly honest, having played both versions now, I just wanna experience all modes on the PS5 lol.

I don't mind getting the MP trophies twice. I'm sure if I'm skilled enough to do it once then I can do them again, even if it's grindy.

This is, unfortunately, the dilemma that many of us who want to have the best experience of a game while also being efficient trophy hunters will face.

Can't wait for cross gen releases to die and devs go full current gen.

Anyway, thanks for your replies, snake, they've been helpful.

4 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I thought you were gonna say that. If I'm being perfectly honest, having played both versions now, I just wanna experience all modes on the PS5 lol.

I don't mind getting the MP trophies twice. I'm sure if I'm skilled enough to do it once then I can do them again, even if it's grindy.

This is, unfortunately, the dilemma that many of us who want to have the best experience of a game while also being efficient trophy hunters will face.

Can't wait for cross gen releases to die and devs go full current gen.

Anyway, thanks for your replies, snake, they've been helpful.

I personally wouldn't want to redo the Legends stuff.  I'd rather pop everything and do a run through on PS5 not having to worry about trophies at all for it.   

Otherwise just doing all remaing sp content on PS5, then backing up that save to cloud and turning off automatic save back up for the game, and finally retransferring the PS4 save and selecting transfer legends progress seems most efficient to me.  Then just download your PS5 save from cloud and turn save back up back on.

But if you want to do legends twice that's up to you.