PSNP UNOFFICIAL REVIEW TEAM

Dr_Mayus

If you want to assemble a review team, you should get people together and create a structure from which the reviews can be made.  Find out what sections you want in each of your reviews, let your team pick and choose what they want to review, and go from there.  The process can be slow, but if you just get everything organized and give detailed reviews (Detailed could mean anywhere from 500 words to 2000 words or more.  Enough to give the reader an idea of the game, hardware, etc that you are reviewing), talking about what the game is about, what was good and why it's good, what it's bad and why it's bad, a rating, etc.

Take it from the ground up and be patient and you can get it organized into something cool that people will want to read.  I wish you luck in it if you continue with this.

Edited by L2K7
  • Like 1

Sigh... this topic reeks of elitist prickerismery. Why would you call yourself a team? To have some special role on the site? You could've just named it 'PSNP review collection'. Look at the drama on.. a different trophy site regarding teams

Really? Wow we haven't even started yet and there is already people complaining :(. Also the team consists of just me so far, but as I posted ANYONE CAN SEND ME REVIEWS. This is for EVERYONE who does reviews or even let's plays or whatever that wants more exposure and to have it easy for anyone to see all their work.

Originally this started because someone PMd me because they thought I should put all my top 10s in one easy to find spot and I thought I would expand it to everyone.

• Like 1

Sigh... this topic reeks of elitist prickerismery. Why would you call yourself a team? To have some special role on the site? You could've just named it 'PSNP review collection'. Look at the drama on.. a different trophy site regarding teams

Hardly elitist when it's open to anyone.

• Like 1

It all comes down to semantics - what kies is basically saying is that the whole 'team' idea has a tendancy to cause issues which we have seen before on other sites.

At the moment PSNP is pretty much a community system (just look at tips)

If this was to become THE thread for reviews so many questions could be asked. Who is going to monitor it ? Who decides what goes in ? Is there a format ? Is Mayus the only person who decides what can go into this thread ?

I don't see what was wrong with people putting in personal reviews per game ? If anyone can answer me that it would help me understand why a 'review team' would be needed or not.

At the moment, someone posts a review in the games forum, it gets viewed all over this site - how does having a thread like this benefit ?

I do have a lot more questions in this vein, but I think you're probably starting to see my point.

End of the day, I just hope it doesn't cause drama, but I trust the mods here won't let that happen in any case :)

• Like 1

It all comes down to semantics - what kies is basically saying is that the whole 'team' idea has a tendancy to cause issues which we have seen before on other sites.

At the moment PSNP is pretty much a community system (just look at tips)

If this was to become THE thread for reviews so many questions could be asked. Who is going to monitor it ? Who decides what goes in ? Is there a format ? Is Mayus the only person who decides what can go into this thread ?

I don't see what was wrong with people putting in personal reviews per game ? If anyone can answer me that it would help me understand why a 'review team' would be needed or not.

At the moment, someone posts a review in the games forum, it gets viewed all over this site - how does having a thread like this benefit ?

I do have a lot more questions in this vein, but I think you're probably starting to see my point.

End of the day, I just hope it doesn't cause drama, but I trust the mods here won't let that happen in any case :)

Well he says if you make a review, tell him and he'll add it to list; so I'm just assuming there is no rules no anything, only thing you've got to bring to the table is a review and he'll add it.

So I'm assuming this will serve as a place where if you want to see a review by a fellow psnp member come here, go through the list and see if the game has been done.

I don't think a review team is needed, team sounds a little redundant, I think we'd better off with a review section, like we have ps3, ps4, off topic ect.. a review bit would be sweet too.

This thread doesn't serve as a benefit at all other than it's just a place to house all the reviews, either that or I'm missing the point haha.

Just my take. :P

Awesome idea man.

Somebody doesn't like the word team. xD

Really? Wow we haven't even started yet and there is already people complaining :(. Also the team consists of just me so far, but as I posted ANYONE CAN SEND ME REVIEWS. This is for EVERYONE who does reviews or even let's plays or whatever that wants more exposure and to have it easy for anyone to see all their work.

Originally this started because someone PMd me because they thought I should put all my top 10s in one easy to find spot and I thought I would expand it to everyone.

Good thing your doing here. No matter what people say, I know this site gets a lot of guests... maybe somehow you could get this pinned, so it doesn't get shuffled and lost in the chaos. Maybe PM a mod and ask about it.

Anyways, has @siuilarun PM-ed you? I know he does a lot of retro reviews. If not, you should PM him. I think he would really like this thread! :)

• Like 2

I suggested a review forum purely for user reviews when the site was still being beta tested and I believe I was told to just post the review in the appropriate section, whether it be a game, console or other review.

I'd like to see a review forum still and I think a thread having links to a bunch of reviews will get really cluttered over time.

Parker 

• Like 3

Thanks for the support everyone. While there is some negativity I would like to assure everyone that you can still write your reviews for individual games and post it in those forums, this is just a way that people can quick reference all those different reviews. It has nothing to do with power or anything like that (all though I am looking for a way to over throw BeautifulTorment in the leaderboards :P).

Siuilarun has sent me his latest review so check it out and go back and check the rest of his vids, he is a funny guy who does some pretty awesome reviews (the toobin one is the best :lol: )

• Like 3