Sharing is caring trophy

Struggling so hard to find these social events to pop up, I have spent hours trying to find a social chest. Maybe we could post locations here just after we find them, add eachother on psn and make the process easier?

That is assuming that if someone in my psn friends finds one i will see it too ?

Thoughts ?

• 1 month later...
On 8-9-2021 at 10:43 AM, Aggersberg said:

Struggling so hard to find these social events to pop up, I have spent hours trying to find a social chest. Maybe we could post locations here just after we find them, add eachother on psn and make the process easier?

That is assuming that if someone in my psn friends finds one i will see it too ?

Thoughts ?

I found a map online where these chests could spawn. I didn't need it cause I got it randomly while playing the story.

Social chest locations

• 2 months later...

Damn, this is like the 5th or 6th thread for this easy to obtain trophy lol.

I'll give my advice again lol. The main base you upgrade has one that spawns in the bedroom I believe. If it doesn't then just reload your save and eventually it will pop there. Super easy one to get, it took me like 3 reloads to appear on ps4. There are a few guides online that suggest this very strategy through a simple Google search. Hopefully you guys get it, so good luck and just keep reloading.

Edited by RoxasOnFire

On 17-10-2021 at 8:27 PM, T-Tuner said:

I found a map online where these chests could spawn. I didn't need it cause I got it randomly while playing the story.

Social chest locations

When you're connected to a server you know for sure that 1 of each type is present in your game. If you don't have a location from someone, you could just go over all icons on this map in the same session until you got them all. Just make sure you're connected when you start looking and that you don't get disconnected in between.

If someone told a location that is still valid, then you can go to that point and if it's not there in your game, quit and reload, hope that you'll end up on the same server as them after a few reloads..

In the end it has nothing to do with friends having to find and share them. If you boot the game and a friend found one, you might get put in the same server but there's no guarantee at all that that will happen. Even when playing near release with many others on my list playing the game, I still ended up having to go over the map for 1 or 2 of them...

What @RoxasOnFire might work as well for the chest and just assumes there's always 1 server with a chest in the bedroom of that base. From what I remember the chest wasn't really my problem.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kolm said:

When you're connected to a server you know for sure that 1 of each type is present in your game. If you don't have a location from someone, you could just go over all icons on this map in the same session until you got them all. Just make sure you're connected when you start looking and that you don't get disconnected in between.

If someone told a location that is still valid, then you can go to that point and if it's not there in your game, quit and reload, hope that you'll end up on the same server as them after a few reloads..

In the end it has nothing to do with friends having to find and share them. If you boot the game and a friend found one, you might get put in the same server but there's no guarantee at all that that will happen. Even when playing near release with many others on my list playing the game, I still ended up having to go over the map for 1 or 2 of them...

What @RoxasOnFire might work as well for the chest and just assumes there's always 1 server with a chest in the bedroom of that base. From what I remember the chest wasn't really my problem.

Yeah its a tag on the server that prompts the chest to appear, (so it seems) so going a step further and going to the main menu (where it shows a new log in everytime) then loading your save may work.  I can only speak from experience and this method has worked for many of my friends I've suggested it to. I can't recall the name of the main settlement since I haven't played the game in years but it's where you can upgrade buildings and the chest spawn is in the room with the big bed I believe. You'll know the room (if) when you look at the map near the main house with the shared chest. I was only able to get any blue chest to appear on the map when close enough to the location btw, just hovering over the map didn't show them so I think you need to be close to a spawn point of one.

Such a dumb trophy.

Edited by RoxasOnFire

4 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

I was only able to get any blue chest to appear on the map when close enough to the location btw, just hovering over the map didn't show them so I think you need to be close to a spawn point of one.

Yeah, you always have to get close to the icon for it to show up.
Only exception might be if someone on your friendlist found it and you're on the same server and it's still valid...

It's also a sneaky online trophy... the other multiplayer trophies are obvious but this one isn't that obvious when going through the trophylist.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm about to start this game and I'm a bit confused, how do I share these with a friend? Can it be done with the same person? Also can the other MP trophies in the main game be done solo without boosting?

Edit: just found my answer, sorry for not looking properly before asking.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

• 2 months later...

Going to post here so I don't make another useless thread.

For those who have obtained the trophy recently, did the counter in the Abstergo Challenges menu go up for you?

uUwM7lV.jpg

I found a convoy, two chests and a whale but the game still counts everything at 0/3.

I sincerely hope it's not on Ubisoft's end as that might definitely kill this trophy and plat lol.

I found one social chest and got the counter to go up, but the Wi-Fi symbol says I’m offline. So idk if it counted.

For some reason, the Wi-Fi symbol changes from on and off randomly.

Edit: Trophy popped even though I had connection issues.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

Has anyone experienced the entries in the Abstergo challenges menu showing at least one shared of each type, but the trophy not popping? Mine is showing I have shared two chests, one whale, and one convoy, but no trophy? 

Edit: I came across another convoy and then another whale and then it popped. I think the game might not have counted the first whale properly as it had shown up right when I booted the game one day.

Edited by LordShavron

• 6 months later...

Hi, I need your help. I have at least a total of 19 Friends, but I'm little nervous about a possible glitch of Sharing Is Caring online trophy because of having too much PSN friends/PSN Users. Should I Delete some of these friends? Also, What was limit of friends so I can avoid the possible glitch of Sharing is Caring online trophy? It's just that I couldn't figure it out about the limit of PSN Friends in order to avoid a possible glitch on the Sharing is Caring online trophy. Also, This is for both PS3 and PS4 Versions as well. Can someone help me out figure it out about the possible glitch of this online trophy? Please Reply Me Soon. See You Later.

The PS3 only recognises 100 friends, any more than that and it starts glitching out but even certain PS4 games have issues for one reason or another with friend lists that exceed 100 people. Depending on the game in question and when it was released, you may have reduce your friends list to as little as 25 people before the MP trophies will play nice.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got it last week. Just keep following the map and rechecking locations, they will show up eventually. I had to be really close to a chest location for it to show up.

It was at a location I’ve never been to before, but it was on the map.
It did take a long time.

edit: I read somewhere that the chests reset every ~3-4 hours, I have no idea if that’s true. 

Edited by Bratinov

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 11:39 PM, Rohr_Verleger69 said:

Has anyone found a social chest recently? That's the only thing I'm missing for the trophy

Yes, two weeks ago. While playing Sequence 3 Memory 5, where you have to loot your first warehouse. Next to the viewpoint.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 11:39 PM, Rohr_Verleger69 said:

Has anyone found a social chest recently? That's the only thing I'm missing for the trophy

Today. At Cayman Sound 334, 332.

Edit: White Whale, today, at 576, 115.

Edited by Micola7h

• 2 weeks later...