Save transfer question.

xxSuikodeNxx

Hi,

im one of the many people who have been having issues with popping trophies on the DLC for the PS5. I managed these before it all went to crap:

i see site P

electric burn

shadow killer

bone breaker

fan fare

atomic bomb

40 and flirty

four star rank

basically, if no fix comes, can I just do the ps4 version with DLC, transfer and the remaining trophies pop?

i know it is an auto pop platinum, but what if you’ve got all but a few trophies? Does that matter? (Just thinking as a last resort as I didn’t do ps4 originally)

also, any problems with ps4 DLC trophies?

cheers

Edited by xxSuikodeNxx
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, xxSuikodeNxx said:

Hi,

im one of the many people who have been having issues with popping trophies on the DLC for the PS5. I managed these before it all went to crap:

i see site P

electric burn

shadow killer

bone breaker

fan fare

atomic bomb

40 and flirty

four star rank

basically, if no fix comes, can I just do the ps4 version with DLC, transfer and the remaining trophies pop?

i know it is an auto pop platinum, but what if you’ve got all but a few trophies? Does that matter? (Just thinking as a last resort as I didn’t do ps4 originally)

also, any problems with ps4 DLC trophies?

cheers

I'd have to dig it up in one of the other threads, but people have been able to auto-pop the ps5 trophies from a ps4 save. That will be my gameplan if they don't get around to fixing it in the next couple months. I regret my sound shape auto pops, but for the sake of 100%, I'll eventually cave and pop it.  Shame because I would like to enjoy the ps5 features. 

45 minutes ago, damcrac5 said:

I'd have to dig it up in one of the other threads, but people have been able to auto-pop the ps5 trophies from a ps4 save. That will be my gameplan if they don't get around to fixing it in the next couple months. I regret my sound shape auto pops, but for the sake of 100%, I'll eventually cave and pop it.  Shame because I would like to enjoy the ps5 features. 

Maneater on PS5 doesn't have any notable PS5 features. At least it didn't when I played at launch. It hardly ran better and the load times were pretty damn bad. Maybe they cleaned it up after release though. It was better than the PS4 version but it is probably the "worst" current-gen upgrade I've played.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

25 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

I thought Maneater didn't allow save transfers or autopop? Did they change that?

The recent update allows your PS4 save from the cloud to be downloaded into the PS5 version. Mine personally crashed the game and i restarted with auto pop for the trophies unlocked on my PS4 save.

Edited by AnOrdinaryBloke

9 hours ago, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

The recent update allows your PS4 save from the cloud to be downloaded into the PS5 version. Mine personally crashed the game and i restarted with auto pop for the trophies unlocked on my PS4 save.

Awesome. Thank you! Just got it done! I enjoyed the game on PS4 but did not wanna go through it again.

Lol I purchased the ps4 version and just platted it over the weekend, with the dlc to start tomorrow, then I’ll transfer the save to pop the last few trophies that glitched out on PS5. 

then I checked tripwire forums and a patch for ps5 is coming out this week. Nevermind haha. 

when I started this thread it was £34.99 for the ps4 version (I got the free ps+ edition). But the next day when I said “screw it, I’ll just do everything on ps4 and transfer across” it was reduced to £18.99. So I can’t complain too much. It was fun going through it again. 

EDIT:::::::::::

success, I got the ps4 version to 100% and then transferred the save to ps5. Game crashed whilst I did that. Reloaded and remaining trophies popped. 

done!!!

Edited by xxSuikodeNxx
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

just a quick heads up:

i downloaded the ps4 save from the cloud, started the game and imported the save.

then i clicked continue and put the controller down ... the game unlocked ALL trophies inclufing the platinum immediately.

so maybe the bug some people had was fixed with an update?

only thing i have to note ... k never bought / playef the dlc so maybe thats whats messing up some saves?

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/09/2021 at 7:45 AM, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

Fuck, I obtained the platinum on the PS5 version. Does the cloud save work the other way round too?

Edited by BrettyBoy

14 minutes ago, BrettyBoy said:

Fuck, I obtained the platinum on the PS5 version. Does the cloud save work the other way round too?

Nope. Cross-save only goes one way in the majority of single player games on the PS5, thus you will have to Plat it from scratch if you start with the PS5 version instead of the PS4 release.

• 5 months later...