[Update] Patch to fix trophies works! (17Nov2021)

damcrac5

10 minutes ago, S-H-A-R-P-E-Y- said:

so i found it again in the open world after restarting and was killing it after draining about 3/4 of its life it literary just disappeared!!! This game is horrendous and another reminder why i stopped going for the easier plats for Indy games like this. Unbelievable  

thought maybe attempting to pop another trophy might trigger something so i just killed the Orca and that trophy didnt pop either. Not happy, you pay for the DLC - would be nice if the trophies werent glitched! 

1 hour ago, S-H-A-R-P-E-Y- said:

thought maybe attempting to pop another trophy might trigger something so i just killed the Orca and that trophy didnt pop either. Not happy, you pay for the DLC - would be nice if the trophies werent glitched! 

It is my personal opinion that when the trophies bug on PS5, it is completely tied to your save file.  I'm not sure how or if an update would fix it. 

With that said, I see you haven't earned any of the DLC trophies.  My recommendation would be one of two things.  Completely delete your local save (don't let your cloud save touch your console, or your console save go to the cloud).  Start a new game, rush to the end of the main story, can be done in 3-4 hours if you do nothing but what is required.  See if the trophies for the DLC start popping.

---or---

Follow the steps on my workaround post, which require you playing the game on a local account, earning the trophies you need on that account, then deleting your psn off your ps5 and signing back into it on the guest account(will lose all saved media, i.e. videos screen captures).  My thread has a very detailed description, but it has worked for everyone who has tried it.

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with the issue.  I hope they patch it, but if not, there are ways to complete.  Though it should not require these steps.

21 hours ago, S-H-A-R-P-E-Y- said:

so i found it again in the open world after restarting and was killing it after draining about 3/4 of its life it literary just disappeared!!! This game is horrendous and another reminder why i stopped going for the easier plats for Indy games like this. Unbelievable  

This exact thing happened to me, aside from not popping any trophies whatsoever in my playthrough, that same shark appeared then vanished halfway through his health. Im glad others have had no issues but others still do 

On 10/21/2021 at 6:30 AM, damcrac5 said:

I'm assuming for Fan Fare and Perfect Timing you've done all of the time trials and questers that are spread throughout the original game's map?  There are 11 questers in total, only 3 questers in the DLC area, but 8 through the main map.(one in each area).

https://www.gameskinny.com/be047/maneater-quester-collector-guide-how-to-find-all-questers

Hope that this is the issue and you can unlock the rest of them.  You can speed through the main storyline in about 4 hours if you do have to do another playthrough, but if you do that, I'd refer to my workaround thread to make sure you get the trophies.

With Fan Fare, I had done them all and actually used the exact link you referenced when chasing them down. I was a bit premature on the Perfect Timing one as apparently several of them don't become available until after beating Admiral Terranova so it hadn't glitched when I said so above....but I ended up Nostradamus'ing that one since none of the trophies popped for me after Fan Fare glitched out. It's odd since everything before that one popped when they should have...I'm wondering if the order matters at all? I killed all the questers and left the zone prior to finishing up all of the tasks. I wonder if leaving the zone before killing the admiral is what glitched them out...may not be, but everything popped as they should up until I did leave the zone...

I'll probably use your workaround eventually since it'll piss me off too much to leave this game incomplete....but I'm going to give it a little bit to see if they fix it.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2021 at 11:30 PM, damcrac5 said:

It is my personal opinion that when the trophies bug on PS5, it is completely tied to your save file.  I'm not sure how or if an update would fix it. 

With that said, I see you haven't earned any of the DLC trophies.  My recommendation would be one of two things.  Completely delete your local save (don't let your cloud save touch your console, or your console save go to the cloud).  Start a new game, rush to the end of the main story, can be done in 3-4 hours if you do nothing but what is required.  See if the trophies for the DLC start popping.

---or---

Follow the steps on my workaround post, which require you playing the game on a local account, earning the trophies you need on that account, then deleting your psn off your ps5 and signing back into it on the guest account(will lose all saved media, i.e. videos screen captures).  My thread has a very detailed description, but it has worked for everyone who has tried it.

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with the issue.  I hope they patch it, but if not, there are ways to complete.  Though it should not require these steps.

thanks very much for your details response. What i am going to do is just wait in hope for another patch and if that doesnt work ill try the 2 methods you mentioned above. Appreciate your reply  

23 hours ago, Keen_Chriss said:

This exact thing happened to me, aside from not popping any trophies whatsoever in my playthrough, that same shark appeared then vanished halfway through his health. Im glad others have had no issues but others still do 

yeah so annoying right!!! i thought when that happened so no-one would believe me. So frustrated by this. What are you going to do?  

• Like 1

If the enemy disappears while you're fighting it, it means you've hit it and it soared way far off in the distance. I smacked a shark and it became airborne and it flew a great distance away across land. It looked like it had just instantly despawned but there was this big blood pool on land and it landed in a group of NPCs. It was also still alive yet unable to get back into the water. A similar thing happened when I fought whales, they can beach themselves. What people are describing is stuff that was in the base game and then never fixed.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

19 hours ago, S-H-A-R-P-E-Y- said:yeah so annoying right!!! i thought when that happened so no-one would believe me. So frustrated by this. What are you going to do?  

no choice but to wait for an update that’ll hopefully fix the issues. The workaround just isnt for me as i dont want to delete any of my pictures and clips i have saved. Hopefully they’ll release one soon ??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keen_Chriss said:

no choice but to wait for an update that’ll hopefully fix the issues. The workaround just isnt for me as i dont want to delete any of my pictures and clips i have saved. Hopefully they’ll release one soon ?1f3fe.png

yeah mate i actually thought about that myself. What about just putting them on a portable hard drive then put them back on the console? i am waiting for a patch but honestly not holding my breath

44 minutes ago, S-H-A-R-P-E-Y- said:

yeah mate i actually thought about that myself. What about just putting them on a portable hard drive then put them back on the console? i am waiting for a patch but honestly not holding my breath

Trophy Screenshots can't be restored to the respective trophy lists once you have deleted them from your Hard Drive (in fact, I don't think you can even copy them back to your console's Hard Drive), thus it's a one way trip for them if you decide to go with the account nuking option for fixing this trophy glitch.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 25/10/2021 at 7:56 PM, HuntingFever said:

Trophy Screenshots can't be restored to the respective trophy lists once you have deleted them from your Hard Drive (in fact, I don't think you can even copy them back to your console's Hard Drive), thus it's a one way trip for them if you decide to go with the account nuking option for fixing this trophy glitch.

fair enough mate - i actually turned the screenshots off for trophies because of how small the HD space is on the PS5. I have the 15 second video on however im predominantly using my ps4 pro for my backlog. Not too worried about losing the that stuff but i understand why you would want to keep them  

On 10/25/2021 at 1:12 AM, S-H-A-R-P-E-Y- said:

I thought about that too, just cant find 100% confirmation that screenshots and clips restore to the trophies. Some say it does, some say it doesnt so idk. Aint holding my breath either but beats deleting everything for me

On 10/25/2021 at 1:56 AM, HuntingFever said:

Are you 100% sure? I dont know about PS5 but i did read somewhere that PS4 was able to restore screenshots properly if restored. And i believe i read on here too that PS5 screenshots restored as well but it was just from one person. I would love to do this and complete this game and move on but I’m just a paranoid idiot

10 minutes ago, Keen_Chriss said:

I thought about that too, just cant find 100% confirmation that screenshots and clips restore to the trophies. Some say it does, some say it doesnt so idk. Aint holding my breath either but beats deleting everything for me

Are you 100% sure? I dont know about PS5 but i did read somewhere that PS4 was able to restore screenshots properly if restored. And i believe i read on here too that PS5 screenshots restored as well but it was just from one person. I would love to do this and complete this game and move on but I’m just a paranoid idiot

I'm 100% positive. I had to nuke my profile a few months back due to a corrupted trophy list and when I recreated it, all my saves, screenshots, folders, settings, messages and notifications were gone and no amount of messing with the settings would restore any screenshots to the PS4's Hard Drive or my trophy lists :(. Once a screenshot is deleted, it's gone forever and cannot be restored.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I'm 100% positive. I had to nuke my profile a few months back due to a corrupted trophy list and when I recreated it, all my saves, screenshots, folders, settings, messages and notifications were gone and no amount of messing with the settings would restore any screenshots to the PS4's Hard Drive or my trophy lists :(. Once a screenshot is deleted, it's gone forever and cannot be restored.

Ouch sorry to hear that. Been there before so i know how you must’ve felt

Did you backup your data before nuking? As in backing it up on an external hard drive or usb?

8 hours ago, Keen_Chriss said:

Ouch sorry to hear that. Been there before so i know how you must’ve felt

Did you backup your data before nuking? As in backing it up on an external hard drive or usb?

Yes, I put my saves in the Cloud and on a USB drive but the screenshots just went on a USB drive because there's no other way to back them up.

14 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Yes, I put my saves in the Cloud and on a USB drive but the screenshots just went on a USB drive because there's no other way to back them up.

And you restored from usb and got nothing? Damn, thats very unfortunate. Guess im stuck waiting for an update then. Either that or buy a new PS5 which im trying to buy anyway for my kids this holiday. Either one im playing the waiting game ?

5 minutes ago, Keen_Chriss said:

And you restored from usb and got nothing? Damn, thats very unfortunate. Guess im stuck waiting for an update then. Either that or buy a new PS5 which im trying to buy anyway for my kids this holiday. Either one im playing the waiting game 1f614.png

Correct - no option to restore any screenshots or other images to the Hard Drive.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Just an update to anyone still waiting for a patch like myself. The next update should fix the trophy glitch according to the developers. When that is, not sure, but they are still trying to fix it among other bugs.

Source: PS5, Not getting ANY trophies at all | Tripwire Interactive Forums

Great to hear.  Also, thanks to Rich for sharing my work around thread.  Hopefully it has helped resolve the issue if the patch does indeed fix things.  I'll keep an eye out and update the work around thread to save people the trouble if it is fixed.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:45 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

Just an update to anyone still waiting for a patch like myself. The next update should fix the trophy glitch according to the developers. When that is, not sure, but they are still trying to fix it among other bugs.

Source: PS5, Not getting ANY trophies at all | Tripwire Interactive Forums

I hope this will be fixed then. For me only 9 of 33 trophies unlocked for the PS5 version. I'm sure I did everything. Even a second playthrough didn't unock the trophies.

5 hours ago, MorbidNL said:

Yes same here  24 trophies popped at when I loaded the save game. :)

4 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Trophies seem to be popping correctly now. I got the "I See Site P" when I loaded my file, continued played and have earned trophies as they should pop. Seems like they fixed it.

7 hours ago, Sten_dardo said:

Just installed the latest update and all of my glitched DLC trophies popped. I hope this works for everyone! :)

Thank you guys.  I'll update this post and the workaround as no longer needed.  Great to hear!

• Like 3