Weird noises from ps5

avalyanart

44 minutes ago, avalyanart said:

Hey there, is anyone experiencing this weird loud noises from console when playing kena? I noticed that noises disappear when you hit pause. I also believe the noises there only if you play at 60fps mode tho

That's definitive coil whine. Nothing to worry about, every PS 5 has it, because they used the same component from the PS 4 Pro that caused coil whine there too.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Apollo said:

I have to doubt this, because unless there's a certain time-played metric that must be met first, mine doesn't. ?

Download PS5 version of Genshin Impact, mine starts to buzz right in the main menu. The noise also disappears when you open in-game map or inventory.That's the only game that triggers it for me(and my friend) for far. Haven't started Kena yet and I don't have a Deathloop.

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

I have to doubt this, because unless there's a certain time-played metric that must be met first, mine doesn't. 1f636.png

PS4 definitely been getting more attention as I try to clear up my backlog.

It's probably an exaggeration to say every PS5 has it but it is a widespread thing for sure. Mine has it and so does my brother's. I know someone who returned a PS5 to Sony over it and they sent him a replacement that still had coil whine. I think it's just down to luck whether you get it or not. Although you only really hear it on mute and if you're really close to the console, so it isn't too much of a big deal.

The PS5 in general is going to be a bit loud because of its fans, also I suggest if this is the first time you heard it; open up your PS5 by the side panels, look to see if the fans are dusty (you can be surprised, you would think dust wouldn't be able to get in there but it can), if they are, use some kind of a blower (computer cleaner if you have one around, if not, you should get one, they can be got fairly cheap and are safe to use for most electronics), dust etc can contribute to noise that your PS5 or anything makes.

It makes me think it's the fans really if it goes away the moment you hit pause, aka the game goes into idle and isn't using as much resources.

2 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Download PS5 version of Genshin Impact, mine starts to buzz right in the main menu. The noise also disappears when you open in-game map or inventory.That's the only game that triggers it for me(and my friend) for far. Haven't started Kena yet and I don't have a Deathloop.

Mine doesn't when playing Genshin

6 minutes ago, DEMON said:

The PS5 in general is going to be a bit loud because of its fans, also I suggest if this is the first time you heard it; open up your PS5 by the side panels, look to see if the fans are dusty (you can be surprised, you would think dust wouldn't be able to get in there but it can), if they are, use some kind of a blower (computer cleaner if you have one around, if not, you should get one, they can be got fairly cheap and are safe to use for most electronics), dust etc can contribute to noise that your PS5 or anything makes.

It makes me think it's the fans really if it goes away the moment you hit pause, aka the game goes into idle and isn't using as much resources.

I already did that while ago, opened panels, and I was really surprised cause fans were pretty clean even after ~7 months of playing. I've played a bunch of ps5 games so far and this is first game that makes really loud buzzing. In my opinion buzzing seems similar to Deathloop case.

• 1 month later...