Jumanji the rerelease we all have been waiting for.

snakebit10

JUMANJI Tie-In Getting PS5 Exclusive Re-Release

The re-release you didn't expect

• Share:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Jumanji The Video Game PS5 PlayStation 5 1

Fans of iffy film tie-in titles may be excited to learn that JUMANJI: The Video Game – the 2019 adaptation of the modern movie series – is getting a PlayStation 5 exclusive re-release on 22nd October. The next-gen refresh will add “faster loading times, 4k dynamic resolution, HDR, and framerates of up to 120 frames-per-second”.

Aside from that, it’s the same game: a woolly third-person shooter with four-player co-op and The Rock’s likeness. There’s no mention of any changes or improvements to the gameplay; there’s also no word of a free PS4 to PS5 upgrade, so don’t expect it to be entitled to this new version if you bought the original previously.

JUMANJI Tie-In Getting PS5 Exclusive Re-Release - Push Square

I don't know what the game on PS4 is like, but I am surprised by this one.

This was... unexpected. I recently bought the game on sale but I won't be playing it before the PS5 release. Hopefully it's a free upgrade so I can play the PS5 version whenever I do start it. If that is the case, I also hope I can play with those on PS4 but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't support that. I'm still quite shocked this is even happening but I won't turn down enhancements for any game ?