The McDamage that completions have caused me :D

DaveMcDamage

7 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Nah have the plat now man. The hardest part by far was chapter 7 for the majority of it for me. 

Not sure what game to do next. Was thinking about Ghostbusters but may have to try it again on the none completion account as I have tried it twice and the controls felt a bit sloppy for me. I dunno yet. Give it a couple of days thought maybe. 

Congrats for sticking with it man, this is real trophy hunting imo.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Congratulations on obtaining the plat, Sir. :yay:

Now I guess it is time to check out another hidden gem. ;)

The gameplay looked interesting. The only worrying thing about these games is what age group they're aimed at. After going through the Spyro games you can certainly appreciate the effort gone into them, but man did it feel like the story was specifically made for kids. Felt weird at times but I hate wasting money and smashed them out either way lol. But this does look decent, I'll look into once my backlog as decreased. 

Everything is going mental at the minute and you never know what you will need to keep your money for next. 

• Like 1

Tried Ghostbusters again....

Frikkin awful man. All the game needed was the controls just having that bit more smoothness but its just too flimsy and clunky for me. And that Gears of War turning circle of a ship run did my tits in. I wanted to work through my backlog but that game just seems pants. 

So I then tried Planet Alpha again. It seems okay. Movement feels nice but I honestly didn't have a clue what I was supposed to be doing. Beholder 2 could be a possibility as I really loved the first game but this sequel seems a lot more complex. 

Then I tried Rondo of Blood. Now the SNES version of Castlevania IV was a game I played recently and it feels far more advanced than Rondo does in terms of combat moves. The lack of not being able to hit up feels weird but I cannot remember if this came out before of after Castlevania IV. And the one thing I have never been able to decide on is if Castlevania gets way more credit than it actually deserves. I dunno. 

The movements and controls of Strider feel really nice. This is also a possibility for the next game, though fan reviews seem pretty negative towards it. Though that could just be the retro-tards od-ing on nostalgia. Like when the guy said to me that the orginal Wolfenstein was 10x better than The New Order. Yeah. I'm all for difference of opinion but that kind of thing is just crazy talk. 

Then theres a walking sim. Supposed to have a decent story but I may have to try it first. I cannot see Edith Finch being topped and its a weird genre to get into. 

No rush to decide but I certainly bought a lot of shite games for this backlog. 

For now I will just sit on Youtube and watch some old school Dave Allen comedy.

Decided to go with Machinara. Enjoyed Creeks by the same dev and again they seem to like that sort o Monty Python art style. Looks great and seems fun, but when it comes to the puzzles and RNG, I honestly don't know how you would actually rate the game in terms of difficulty. I suppose it could either be rated 1/10 or 10/10. Very odd. Had to save and have a break as I seem to be losing a lot at 0's & X's. 

After 3 hours throughout my day off I caved in and looked for a guide for the 0's & X's solution to this game. There isn't one *laughs manically and throws poo at monkeys watching him through window*.

Man I love RNG *stares blankly*. Never again will I slag off the RNG that RGG use in there games after playing this. There's actually a vid of a guy doing the whole game on 1hr. I spent 3 times that on the mini game so far lol. 

So thats Machinarium done. Some of those puzzles really burnt me out. Again though, the devs made a very likeable character and so was good to see the conclusion. 

Next up I may most likely do Beholder 2. It looks a lot more interesting than the first and I loved that game to bits. 

I think I have gotten to the point where I have played the best games available. And with age you find your genres becoming more and more limited as to what you enjoy in gaming. 

A few future gaming projects I am looking forward to. 

Mafia remake when it touches below £15. 

Bloodborne GOTY when it gets nearer the £10-12 mark.

The Outer Worlds. If this gets to around £25 for the complete edition I will snap it up.

As for the backlog. I may call it a day after going through Beholder 2. Maybe Planet Omega or whatever its called. I was looking forward to Symphony of a Requiem, but the fact is Rondo of Blood is just too dated to enjoy the gameplay unless you're a diehard retro gaming fan. Though I may push to play Symphony of the Night on my none completion account. But other than that the backlog is just filled wit shite games I fell for due to prices. 

There's nothing in the current sales that interests me either. 

31 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Mafia remake when it touches below £15.

For this game, you might want to make a pact with the devil when it comes to the racing section on its hardest difficulty.

Just kidding! :lol:

On 4/1/2022 at 1:12 AM, DaveMcDamage said:

So thats Machinarium done. Some of those puzzles really burnt me out. Again though, the devs made a very likeable character and so was good to see the conclusion. 

I enjoyed this game a lot. Thanks to the $1 PS Now sub last year. ?

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 4:37 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

Definitely second your Yakuza 0 sentiments. Best series to plat for me. Done most, along with the judgment games and now just working on Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise. Might go to Dragons Dogma after I’ve finished with that. Good to here it’s a good fun play too.

Yeah I really do rate the game. I never on my first ever attempt, but the second chance I gave Dragons Dogma, I really fell for it. As I have mentioned many times when speaking of this game though, its the second ending that really blows your mind with the game. 

Take your time with it and enjoy it all mate. 

I was indeed thinking of Fist of the North Star myself at one point, but kept putting it off due to even the most die hard RGG fans being put off by how repetitive the grind for the 100% became. I dunno. Maybe one day.

Still very much enjoying Beholder 2, though the jobs mini-game grind in this game gets overly dull very quickly. 

Redownloading Apocylpsis or however its spelt, as well as State of Mind. 

I was so tempted to buy the Arkham trilogy, even if I only end up playing Asylum. But City wrecked me so much I haven't been able to go back to those games since. Bizarre how much that completion effected me all those years back even to this day. 

20 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

State of Mind

As a fan of point-and-clickers, State of Mind definitely overstays its welcome. Tries too hard to be unique. ?

20 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I was so tempted to buy the Arkham trilogy

You must! :ninja:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zizimonster said:

As a fan of point-and-clickers, State of Mind definitely overstays its welcome. Tries too hard to be unique. ?

Yeah I've been cautious of that since I checked the reviews. I mean it cost me less than £2. I couldn't get a Spectrum game brand new for that back when I was a kid lol. But It's all the saving and reloading and flow breaking that kind of puts me off. 

3 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

DLC in the Arkham games is no joke ?

I know mate. When I eventually did Arkham City, I took a year of going for achievements and trophies. Like I said it totally wrecked me. And its the reason I was never able to even try Arkham Knight. But my goodness Arkham Asylum was friggin amazing. I may wait until just those two go on sale and see how cheap I can get it for just the Asylum game. Not sure if I actually like the remastered visual upgrade though. Prefer the darker and more sort of realistic look of the original models. 

Also just clocked that you've recently been playing one of my all time favourites. Enslaved Odyssey to the West. I loved that frikkin game so much. Amazing story too. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 2

Couldn't be bothered with the other games I was gonna do. Started downloading Subnautica but ditched that. Downloaded UFC4 for my none completion account but those controls were bizarre and so ditched that. 

I really miss GTAV to be honest. But getting the 100% completion after that added that Doomsday stuff just killed it for me. Is an amazing game though. It kinda killed the genre though as no one has challenged it since 2013 from what I can remember off the top of my head. 

Currently redownloading Hitman Blood Money, but I remember trying it after years from its original release and the controls felt awful. I'll try it again to see if I can gel with it better. 

Battle Crashers or whatever its called was a steal of a bargain but not sure if I can plug 100+ hour games at the moment, especially ones with next to no freedom in them. Save that for a much later date. 

Its getting tough to find games, lads. The April sale is pretty sucky too. 

There was a game I saw ages back where you play as a flying mouse type thing and loads of other predators trying to get you. Away I think it was called. Any of you chaps played it and if so what did you think of it?

On 09/04/2022 at 6:02 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

I was so tempted to buy the Arkham trilogy, even if I only end up playing Asylum. But City wrecked me so much I haven't been able to go back to those games since. Bizarre how much that completion effected me all those years back even to this day. 

I just picked up Arkham Knight the other day for a tenner.  Might be a while before I get around to it, though.

• Like 1

Well I gave Ancestors ago on the none completion account just to see what the controls felt like and stuff. Its pretty decent in terms of movement for walking, jumping and climbing. So you start the scene as a baby trying to escape back to where ever. I ended up at what must be the clan village. Got the trophy for saving the baby even though I was still the baby and made it to the camp on my own. 

So I was still very on-off about putting the game on my completion account as whilst it states that it doesn't hold your hand, it seems to have no direction at all. So today I put it on the completion account and started the game. Took control of the baby again but this time got lost. I then found a hiding place and it then switches to another monkey and you have to go find the baby. You use sense but cannot tell what is what as everything you sense is a question mark and so you can't (or I can't) find the baby.

I think its one of those ideas thats interesting on paper but you have a very small chance of turning this into a fun, challenging and exciting gaming experience and I don't think the devs got it. It makes no sense to have a random clan just appear and not know whats going on. Thats more like Adam and Eve as opposed to evolution. Also the feeling of being lost right from the start is tedious (not talking about mechanics but sense of direction) and so I can only assume that limits your patience the longer you play it. 

I may have to go back to the none completion profile and test it again. I hate wasting money but its getting to the point now where games available to me is very limited and I'm getting tired of buying shite games. 

Edit

Just watched a video on crafting. So say you want to go hunting, you evolve the skills to strip a branch, then use a rock etc etc. Okay so now you have a pointy stick weapon. It turns out that you then need to create 4 sticks for the weakest creature (hog) and then have other clan members carry a stick each. You then take them along and when you find the bore it then turns into a mini game of timing to see if you hit it. If you do, then you have to get another stick off a monkey and then find the hog again, rinse and repeat that 4 times and you have a kill. 

I appreciate the devs taking a chance, but they clearly don't know what makes for fun and interesting. I can't touch this. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage