The McDamage that completions have caused me :D

DaveMcDamage

19 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

it was the end of the second playthough which blown me away. Not had an epic ending of that kind since Double Dragon, and the Dogma ending topped that by miles. I also loved how you could respec just incase you got 50 hours in and wanted to experience the combat totally differently. Thats pretty common place these days, but it was rare for ROG's to allow that back then. 

Dragon’s Dogma did so many things that were unique at the time, at least for the genre. They clearly took inspiration in a lot of different games and sort of meshed their mechanics together, but the experience it offered felt like one of a kind.

There are so many little things that sticks with me even after a few years have passed, for example the way they handled day/night cycle. Dragon’s Dogma is one of the very few games I’ve played where time of day is actually consequential, and getting caught on a quest deep in the wilderness or on the roads outside of towns and settlements after dark is truly terrifying and dangerous. If you don’t have a lantern it is pitch black, and all sorts of creatures and monsters stalk the roads after sundown. The game is full of little unique twists like that which set it apart from other games in the genre.

I gotta say I also thought Bitterblack Isle is one of the best pieces of endgame content I’ve ever seen. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well thats the 100% completion for Darksiders 2 done. Now with this one I was worried as I loved the game on original release, but heard they made a right mess for the Deathinitive edition, and not just by giving it the worst name ever. But as others suggest you must turn off the damage indicator and it solves all the problems. It tends to happen in NG+ where at this point you will be high levelled and have great weapons doing serious damage, but the numbers appear on what damage you do cause problems. This would have been dreadful if it happened on an Atari 2400, but for devs to fudge this up on a PS4... shocking. 

But that aside, it is still a cracking game, only dampened by bugs and a pointless half playthrough to reach the level 30 trophy. 

I also treated my self to the following games...

Battle Chasers

Castlevania: Symphony of Requiem

Spryo remastered trilogy. 

Never played Spryo as on release I was probably in my 20's and not into the cartoony kiddy type games. But now that I'm middle aged I can put it down to a midlife crisis and go for the triple plat in my bunny slippers. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

Spyro is peak comfy, the 3rd one is a little messed up but at least the trophy requirements aren't bad on it. That profile is coming along nicely, some good plats in there. I'm playing through Ys VIII, it's really good and I'd recommend it, the trophy guide makes it seem more complicated than it is but you really only need to watch for the sidequests, weapon upgrades, and making sure you make a male and female endgame armor. 

• Like 1

Okay so my backlog is far worse than what I actually thought it was. For me its gone beyond a joke. I normally only used to buy a new game once I had finished the previous game, especially with the backlog I wasted on the 360. But after just checking my unplayed games I was pretty ashamed of buying games the way I had been. Some are freebies, but even so man. 

Here is the updated backlog list and my intentions. I will also update this post as I go through the games. 

Will do = Going to attempt this.

Likely = Something may put me off but do intend to go through it.

Not a chance = Stupid purchases or will only play on my none completion profile for numerous reasons. 

Battle Chasers Nightwar - Will do

Beholder 2 - Will do

Castlevania Symphony of a Requiem - Will do

Darksiders Genesis - Likely

Dear Esther - Likely

Machinarium - Will do

Planet Alpha - Likely

State of Mind - Likely

Lego DC Villains - Likely

Assassins Creed 3 Remaster - Not a chance

Hitman Blood Money - Likely

GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas original trilogy - Not a chance

Little Nightmares - Likely

Limbo - Will do

Manual Samuel - Not a chance

The Flame in the Flood - Likely

Kingdom of Amalur Rereckoning - Likely

Apocalipsis Tree of Knowledge - Likely

Strider - Likely

GRID - Not a chance

Ghostbusters Remastered - Likely

Alien Isolation - Likely

Final Fabtasy VII original - Likely

Another World - Likely

Final Fantasy X-2 - Not a chance

Hotline Miami and HM2 - Not a chance

Lara Croft Go - Not a chance

Deadlight - Likely

Lords of the Fallen - Likely

Dragon Age Inquisition - Not a chance

Unravel - Will do

Spyro remastered trilogy - Will do

Call of Duty 2 Remastered - Will do

Days Gone - Not a chance

UFC4 - Not a chance

Far Point - Likely??? I don't even know what this is lol

Mortal Shell - Not a chance

PGA Tour 2K21 - Not a chance

Remnant from the Ashes - Not a chance

Stranded Deep - Not a chance

Subnautica - Likely

The Witness - Likely??? Again I have no idea what this one is

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - Not a chance

Virtua Fighter 5 - Not a chance

WWE 2K Battlegrounds - Not a chance, I despise wrestling and don't even know why I have it

48 games in my backlog and some I have no intention of doing. This is how sales can get you if you fall for them, Man I need to ball punch myself for this. 

1 hour ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Limbo - Will do

Final Fabtasy VII original - Will do

Spyro remastered trilogy - Will do

Call of Duty 2 Remastered - Will do

The Witness - Likely??? Again I have no idea what this one is

I'm very interested to see how you go with these!! 

The Witness is my favourite puzzle game. It is a bit pretentious, though, so be aware of that from the get go. Don't look up solutions! 

1 hour ago, DaveMcDamage said:

GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas original trilogy - Not a chance

Days Gone - Not a chance

A shame that you'll skip over these, I'd have been interested in your opinion.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

I'm very interested to see how you go with these!! 

The Witness is my favourite puzzle game. It is a bit pretentious, though, so be aware of that from the get go. Don't look up solutions! 

A shame that you'll skip over these, I'd have been interested in your opinion.

Hiya mate.

Well back on 360 I did Limbo and I loved it but I was always missing out on Inside and never got to play it. Then last year I got the bundle but forgot all about Limbo. 

As for the GTA trilogy. Nostalgia got the better of me there. I loved those games back then and wanted to go through them all over again but this time with trophy goodies. But after trying them out on my test account, the controls had just aged so badly for me. So much so that I couldn't even get past the tutorials.

As for Days Gone. I gave it a try to see what it felt like to play and I just didn't click with it. The protagonist for me was annoying, I'm not a massive fan of zombies and the dialog was sketchy at best. My mate looks at me with disgust for not liking the game as he loves it, but I think we all have those games where it either feels like it was made just for us, or not for us at all. 

For Call of Duty 2 I was waiting for the best price possible for the original CoD remaster to go on sale. I want to play them back to back. Again I did these back on the 360 but that was nearly a decade ago for me now and my skills in gaming are dwindling big time, so not sure if I will blast through them as easily as I did on original releases. But they were the best CoD games for me. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 1

Hello Mister McDamage, just found this thread. Fun little read. I've been collecting since about 2008 as well. I've been fortunate enough not to encounter any game breaking bugs that I couldn't overcome. I will admit, after I spent an entire year, literally, with Fortnite as the only game I was playing my mind snapped and I went on a bit of a bender of EZ games. There is something so cathartic about the ding of those little trophy icons lol. 

You mentioned not a chance on Tiny Tina's One Shot game. Do you not like the Borderlands series? I haven't done the game yet, but I did the DLC originally on Borderlands 2 and based on the games on your profile, I would have assumed you would really enjoy it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

Hello Mister McDamage, just found this thread. Fun little read. I've been collecting since about 2008 as well. I've been fortunate enough not to encounter any game breaking bugs that I couldn't overcome. I will admit, after I spent an entire year, literally, with Fortnite as the only game I was playing my mind snapped and I went on a bit of a bender of EZ games. There is something so cathartic about the ding of those little trophy icons lol. 

You mentioned not a chance on Tiny Tina's One Shot game. Do you not like the Borderlands series? I haven't done the game yet, but I did the DLC originally on Borderlands 2 and based on the games on your profile, I would have assumed you would really enjoy it. 

I did the original Borderlands on 360 and it was one of the most tedious completions (Even worse than 100%ing Mafia 2) I ever did. I liked the gameplay but some of the requirements were horrendous. I then did Borderlands 2 which was so much better but sooooooooo huge that I was done with the franchise. I tried the prequel and gave up on the first section. Never want to touch B3 and to be honest I have no idea why I even clicked Tiny Tina to the library lol. 

But as for long gaming spells. Yeah a few shorter games can be the perfect medicine. I don't like going into massive games after each other and need some linear games to prep me for the next haul lol.  

And well done to you man. Just checked your games list and you have smashed some utter gems on there. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I did the original Borderlands on 360 and it was one of the most tedious completions (Even worse than 100%ing Mafia 2) I ever did. I liked the gameplay but some of the requirements were horrendous. I then did Borderlands 2 which was so much better but sooooooooo huge that I was done with the franchise. I tried the prequel and gave up on the first section. Never want to touch B3 and to be honest I have no idea why I even clicked Tiny Tina to the library lol. 

But as for long gaming spells. Yeah a few shorter games can be the perfect medicine. I don't like going into massive games after each other and need some linear games to prep me for the next haul lol.  

And well done to you man. Just checked your games list and you have smashed some utter gems on there. 

Haha, thanks. I'm just old and pretty much lived for gaming through my 20s. Married life has reduced my gaming here and there. Your list is awesome. All really good quality games and it is sexy seeing that full 100%. Tell me honestly, I'm terrified of the Uncharted speedruns on the remasters, how bad are they in your opinion?

22 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

Haha, thanks. I'm just old and pretty much lived for gaming through my 20s. Married life has reduced my gaming here and there. Your list is awesome. All really good quality games and it is sexy seeing that full 100%. Tell me honestly, I'm terrified of the Uncharted speedruns on the remasters, how bad are they in your opinion?

I don't consider myself a good gamer mate, but those trophies were no issue. I think each game got easier too. The first I had like 20-30 minutes to spare, the second game near and hour and pretty much the same for the third game. They're a blast though man, but yeah I often shudder when seeing speed un stuff as its just not my thing. It's why I like difficulty trophies the most. Not for the kudos, but you don't get to bomb through the game and at some point you master the game and feel good when that difficulty trophy pops. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So thats the Spyro trilogy done. Now I never played those games back on original release and the past sale was too good to turn down. 

Pros - Game looks gorgeous and despite the odd mechanic the game controls very well. 

Cons - Its made for a much younger audience in terms of story and wish I had known that as it was like watching a cartoon specifically made for children. Every friggin level is the same thing over and over.

I had also been having a rage fueled couple of weeks with all sorts of stuff and for the first time ever (and last) I went into total bitch mode and spashed a joypad. Couldn't believe it when I done it. Wasn't upset or angry, just disappointed for behaving like a soft bitch.  

I think Unravel will be my next completion attempt. 

• Like 1

Turns out Unravel has to be the worst game I have experienced on this profile so far. Four shite games in a row and now its taking its toll.

Edit

Gonna have to call it a day for a while on this. Its beyond abysmal. Rookie mistake not trying it on my none completion account first for controls and stuff. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 1

Without a doubt, Unravel is one of the hardest games I've played this gen. If I had known there was a no death trophy I would have saved the £4 I paid for the game. Piss poor jumping and climbing mechanics for a game designed around climbing and jumping. Then theres the fact that you can get killed by off screen happenings and graphics that are poor in places and show no indication a floor could be moving. 

The way the game was described it doesn't suit this level of unnecessary difficulty. I dunno. Most likely just me as when looking at the guide they rate it a 3/10 for difficulty. My personal score would be 7/10 for difficulty.  

I read this post title as "Quad damage" instead of McDamage ? (the super powerup from Quake 1).

Also, at first, I seriously thought that this post was going to end up like this: "all these 1000 pointless game completions and platinums have fking ruined my life!! stay away brothers and sisters!! save yourselves!!" ? ...

I have my personal input on the matter. There is no denying that "artificial accomplishments" in the games that require you to develop real skills and real mastery to get them end up giving as much sense of self-fulfillment as real-life accomplishments do. It's the same reason why good movies can give a great experience, even though it's not happening for real. For the brain it feels like an equivalent experience anyways. This is why platinum and challenge hunting in games is actually getting more popular nowadays (during more difficult times, where the number of real-life accomplishments may not be as plentiful for a lot of people of all ages, it's easier to just grab some accomplishments from games). My advice is to always remember that, at the end of the day, gaming is about fun and good experiences on the side. Besides, even if many of them feel great, the "hard goals" in games (which are typically an ultra rare trophy or a platinum) can't replace real-life accomplishments.

I definitely got hooked for a long time going after "ultra rares" in VR games (which feel even more realistic than most games, so it does feel as if you are truly accomplishing something that requires that real skill). However, it reached the point where I wasn't enjoying the experiences or having "cool fun" on the side (because my final target wasn't just having the experience and the fun, it was getting the trophy) and I was also losing some time from other real-life projects I had. Luckily, I'm not really that hooked with getting 100%'s and I realized that at that point, so I just stopped worrying about full completions and about "the rush" to get more ultra rare trophies. And long beeehoooold, my enjoyment of the games went back up, after I stopped worrying about the ultra rare trophies. Also, I started to dedicate more time to my "real projects" without necessarily quitting good VR gaming experiences altogether. So yeah, for maximum satisfaction it really has to be a balancing act. I recommend worrying about the quality of your experiences in the games, rather than about the trophies, percentages, and completions. Also, do the same in real life. What was the quality of your experience? You will enjoy gaming a lot more like that. You will also enjoy life a lot more like that. In addition, if you have a plethora of other real projects, and you don't want to quit gaming altogether because of those, not worrying about completion times, trophies, or challenges, and worrying about just getting another good experience (without dedicating a lot of time) is the best way to go for the gaming hobby.

Cheers

Edited by ValkerianCreator
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ValkerianCreator said:

I read this post title as "Quad damage" instead of McDamage 1f606.png (the super powerup from Quake 1).

Also, at first, I seriously thought that this post was going to end up like this: "all these 1000 pointless game completions and platinums have fking ruined my life!! stay away brothers and sisters!! save yourselves!!" 1f601.png ...

I have my personal input on the matter. There is no denying that "artificial accomplishments" in the games that require you to develop real skills and real mastery to get them end up giving as much sense of self-fulfillment as real-life accomplishments do. It's the same reason why good movies can give a great experience, even though it's not happening for real. For the brain it feels like an equivalent experience anyways. This is why platinum and challenge hunting in games is actually getting more popular nowadays (during more difficult times, where the number of real-life accomplishments may not be as plentiful for a lot of people of all ages, it's easier to just grab some accomplishments from games). My advice is to always remember that, at the end of the day, gaming is about fun and good experiences on the side. Besides, even if many of them feel great, the "hard goals" in games (which are typically an ultra rare trophy or a platinum) can't replace real-life accomplishments.

I definitely got hooked for a long time going after "ultra rares" in VR games (which feel even more realistic than most games, so it does feel as if you are truly accomplishing something that requires that real skill). However, it reached the point where I wasn't enjoying the experiences or having "cool fun" on the side (because my final target wasn't just having the experience and the fun, it was getting the trophy) and I was also losing some time from other real-life projects I had. Luckily, I'm not really that hooked with getting 100%'s and I realized that at that point, so I just stopped worrying about full completions and about "the rush" to get more ultra rare trophies. And long beeehoooold, my enjoyment of the games went back up, after I stopped worrying about the ultra rare trophies. Also, I started to dedicate more time to my "real projects" without necessarily quitting good VR gaming experiences altogether. So yeah, for maximum satisfaction it really has to be a balancing act. I recommend worrying about the quality of your experiences in the games, rather than about the trophies, percentages, and completions. Also, do the same in real life. What was the quality of your experience? You will enjoy gaming a lot more like that. You will also enjoy life a lot more like that. In addition, if you have a plethora of other real projects, and you don't want to quit gaming altogether because of those, not worrying about completion times, trophies, or challenges, and worrying about just getting another good experience (without dedicating a lot of time) is the best way to go for the gaming hobby.

Cheers

Yeah.

I get where you're coming from, but you have to re-read your post as well. The point made about going through hard times and gaming feeling like its there for you when really you're just heading for another crash at some point, I 100% agree with, totally. Like when the global crash happened in 2008, many gamers lost jobs and whatnot and many didn't recover when turning to gaming and it has indeed wrecked them. As I said, totally agree with that point. 

But the point about it getting too much when it gets difficult and avoid the hard stuff, as well as moving that towards a metaphor for life as well is something I cannot accept. Can I accept my completion streak has/will run out? Damn right and whilst it would be a shitter, its just a gaming experience. I could buy an Xbox tomorrow and none of this would have mattered on paper. As for how this can be used to help your thinking in real life.... no it cannot not. Not for the everyday person who for whatever reason is in a dead end job and it wrecks them every time they wake up, they still need that dead end shit just to put a roof over the head and food on the table. So don't use quitting a gaming scenario as comparable to real life difficulties. Thats a dangerous as fuck attitude and to the wrong eyes reading that could ruin them completely in the end. 

I'll give you an example. You could say something as simple as 'Don't give up, you have to keep pushing on' and 99% of the worlds people will take heed and then brush it off. The 1% that listen will push on and get to where they need to be. So just be cautious on how you compare gaming difficulties to real life difficulties. I don't want this thread going way off topic so if you wanna continue it then reply to me personally. Not shutting you down, just keeping it on track without ignoring you. 

So gonna have to call it a day on this profile. I'm gutted that such a shit game is what wrecked it, but its not the first time I've killed a profile in refusal to play an awful game just for the completion, but its certainly the furthest I have gotten (albeit with some help on a couple of games). But every 100% goal will always end in defeat unless you cut it off when at 100%. 

Thanks for the posts and stuff, you guys are brilliant and loved some of the banter on here. 

I think before this profile the best I ever did was 52 games complete on the 360, but from then until this profile there were lots of wrecked profiles until I started this one back in 2018. I will always go towards the completion with the exception of gaming skill or just playing a bad game happens, both of which Unravel were for me. When I start another run on a new account I do not know. Sometimes I start one and then completely change my objective. This account was meant to be purely single player only games, but then I put the Hitman and No Man Sky games on here. 

I think my + account runs out on this account in a month or two anyways, so maybe I will look into a new goal then. I would love to go back through games like Witcher 3, Yakuza saga and some others that I played through on this profile. 

Anyway. All the best to you all and take care. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

On 3/19/2022 at 4:24 AM, DaveMcDamage said:

Without a doubt, Unravel is one of the hardest games I've played this gen. If I had known there was a no death trophy I would have saved the £4 I paid for the game. Piss poor jumping and climbing mechanics for a game designed around climbing and jumping. Then theres the fact that you can get killed by off screen happenings and graphics that are poor in places and show no indication a floor could be moving. 

The way the game was described it doesn't suit this level of unnecessary difficulty. I dunno. Most likely just me as when looking at the guide they rate it a 3/10 for difficulty. My personal score would be 7/10 for difficulty.  

In my opinion, you are more skilled than I am. You've platted Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza 3, and Judgment, which are harder games to plat than Unravel. Nonetheless, I think 3/10 plat difficulty for it is wrong; it's at least a 6/10 plat difficulty.

Maybe you're not used to playing platformers, but you can always learn from your mistakes and do better next time. And I think using video guides is a must for this game. Besides, there are only two levels that gave me the most trouble for the no-death trophy -- level 5 and level 7.

Just believe in yourself. :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Dude please not another Judgement issue, like just go start a different game and leave unravel on the back bunner while you slowly chip away at it.

No not at all man. With Judgement I sucked 100% at a particular part and it was all on me. For the majority of that game it played just like Yakuza and thats never a bad thing, though its story was shite in comparison. 

9 hours ago, totakos1 said:

Starting a new profile will remove whatever you have accomplished so far, makes no sense even if you lose your 100% for whatever reason! Move to another game or keep trying so you can “ earn “ your 100% back 

As I said a few times. Going for the 100% is always my goal on a game I attempt, but I always fail eventually... as would anyone to different circumstances. Going for the 100% is just like going for the never ending, its just down to you or not if you're allowing yourself to enjoy the games outside of the trophies etc. I must have had about 30+ accounts since around 2007 and it never bothers me. Well thats a lie, it kicks my arse at first but if theres one thing that I can take from real life and put it into gaming, its that I continuously fuck everything up but keep trying. 

4 hours ago, zizimonster said:

In my opinion, you are more skilled than I am. You've platted Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza 3, and Judgment, which are harder games to plat than Unravel. Nonetheless, I think 3/10 plat difficulty for it is wrong; it's at least a 6/10 plat difficulty.

Maybe you're not used to playing platformers, but you can always learn from your mistakes and do better next time. And I think using video guides is a must for this game. Besides, there are only two levels that gave me the most trouble for the no-death trophy -- level 5 and level 7.

Just believe in yourself. :)

Yakuza games for the most part aren't that tough mate, the only thing that halts progression is the heavy elements of RNG for like mini games and stuff. Thourghout the entire Yakuza saga, I would say the most difficult skill based trophy to get in the entire series is chapter 9 on legend mode where you have a stage fight, boss fight and then the car chase scene. You screw the chase up and its all the way back to the beginning. That took me 32 attempts in all. Maybe 33. Can't remember.

But with Unravel its different. When I tackle a game I have a very brief look at the trophy guides for things like, does it have online, do I need a co-op partner etc etc. I basically go for games I can do on my own but along the way I have been helped. Then theres the skill based stuff where if it plays awesome but I just don't have those kind of gaming skills, then I would simply stick it on my completion account and play it there with no intention of going for the plat buy enjoying the main game. On the none completion account I have a lot of racing games and stuff like that. I give myself a lot of self praise when it comes to racers as I'm shit hot at them, especially the more sim type stuff. Whilst I'm always of the opinion that sim will never be able to match real world racing stuff, you can still take real world experience into those type of games. Oddly though as good as I am they're the one genre I have never gone for the 100% on. So just because you could be amazing at a sim racer, doesn't mean you'd smash super mario etc. Different genres, different skills etc. 

But my problem with Unravel was this. When I checked out a collectible vid I was surprised at how short the levels were. 10-12 minutes max. So I thought even after dying a few times the replays wouldn't be so bad. But then around chapter 4 it goes very slow in terms of level pace and what is required and certain sections and mistakes send you fight back to the start to try again. So that 12 minute stage on such a slow pace then goes into replay after replay after replay and before long you just spent an hour and half on a section because each little progress gets you killed on the next part because you didn't know what was coming, what you could land on, what you could touch. Here are a few examples. 

Chapter 7. There is a section with phone lines and lightning and thunder. You have to wait for the flash and then jump straight away to miss the next bolt running through the wires. Sometimes I could do it, sometimes I couldn't, sometimes the game wouldn't flash and just send the bolt and then flash meaning it bugged out and you had to restart. Then there is a section where you have to traverse a machine and it has weird randomly places electric circuits that can kill you. If the swing mechanic decides to jerk you the wrong way... restart. 

Chapter 8. The one I remember from this is the crows section. I even looked online and it says there's no real time sequence, its fairly random. So that randomness causes you to have to restart the level again and again. 

Chapter 10 whilst easy has a section where you tie a clasp to a barrel and then roll the barrel to make it drop. I touch the barrel and got killed due to the game being buggy with its touch detection. 

But even though I had no intention of replaying those levels I wanted to see the story out at least, then it gets really bad. Chapter 11 is a snow level with heavy winds and it blows you back all the time, making progress very slow. Then comes an ice section and if you miss time a jump.... restart. The level is way too slow to warrant a no death run. And thats my problem with no death runs. If you're gonna put them in a game, then it needs to be fast paced in order to make replays actually enjoyable and give you the learning skills each time. If the game is beyond slow then its just no fun at all and really bad design. Thats just my opinion though. The major skilled gamers probably think thats a weird way to look at it. I suppose a lot more elements go intro though like having a working life etc and not having that kind of replay time. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Chapter 8. The one I remember from this is the crows section. I even looked online and it says there's no real time sequence, its fairly random. So that randomness causes you to have to restart the level again and again. 

The crows section is mostly easy with this trick, though it can still be random.

48 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Chapter 7. There is a section with phone lines and lightning and thunder. You have to wait for the flash and then jump straight away to miss the next bolt running through the wires. Sometimes I could do it, sometimes I couldn't, sometimes the game wouldn't flash and just send the bolt and then flash meaning it bugged out and you had to restart. Then there is a section where you have to traverse a machine and it has weird randomly places electric circuits that can kill you. If the swing mechanic decides to jerk you the wrong way... restart. 

Yeah, this and level 5 are the hardest to complete a no-death run. The rest is just trial and error.

If you persist in platting this awesome game, good luck! ?

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

The crows section is mostly easy with this trick, though it can still be random.

Yeah, this and level 5 are the hardest to complete a no-death run. The rest is just trial and error.

If you persist in platting this awesome game, good luck! 1f44d.png

That crow section is the second part. To be honest I thought the bucket use was the only way that section could be done as there is nothing else to hide behind. I didn't know it could be done any other way. No its the first section where you have to do all the hiding and timing with running. Sometimes I would be hiding and it would still get me caught, even once I got caught inside the bucket as the meshing must have really messed up on the game and it royally frigged me over. But again thats why I don't think game should have been worthy of a no death trophy run when clearly some mechanics and stuff are broken and you should never take that kind of control from the gamer, thats worse than 4th wall breaking.

• Like 1

Glad you managed to conquer the nasty parts, congrats!  I had huge issues with the game as well in terms of platforming, mainly because my platforming skills suck big time and the game's stupid ledge detection simply doesn't work.

But if you managed to get rid of the stupid crow section...you're in the clear. A couple more tricky sections but nothing as egregious as the random crows.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Glad you managed to conquer the nasty parts, congrats!  I had huge issues with the game as well in terms of platforming, mainly because my platforming skills suck big time and the game's stupid ledge detection simply doesn't work.

But if you managed to get rid of the stupid crow section...you're in the clear. A couple more tricky sections but nothing as egregious as the random crows.

Nah have the plat now man. The hardest part by far was chapter 7 for the majority of it for me. 

Not sure what game to do next. Was thinking about Ghostbusters but may have to try it again on the none completion account as I have tried it twice and the controls felt a bit sloppy for me. I dunno yet. Give it a couple of days thought maybe. 

• Like 2