Are we supposed to be using the game mode setting on our TV when console gaming?

Cryogenicide_X

On 18/04/2023 at 11:56 PM, JohnCenaSong- said:

The difference is extremely marginal (outside of a handful of frankly awful TVs) in both aspects. Therefore, if you want it on go for it it's not like it'll butcher your picture quality somehow xD but likewise if you don't switch it on you're not going to be at some kind of gaming disadvantage.

I just leave it on whatever its on, which I believe is all auto... So maybe it's on, maybe it's not, I don't care enough to pay it any attention and I don't think anyone really should to be honest.

There will always be the small crowd who swear by certain settings being the 'right way' (I'm sometimes reminded of those who get super gatekeeping about watching movies on those alleged right settings lol). It's really just a 'meh, whatever' in my eyes.

While I disagree with you on game mode (just get a TV that doesn't heavily degrade the image quality, granted that costs money I know but it's an investment that lasts a long time), you're overall correct on the "right way" setting stuff. You're the one looking at the screen, listening to the headphones, or whatever else so whatever is best to you is what you should go for and not what some people are parroting because X guy said so. Though of course people should give stuff a chance. Warm2 for example the 1st time you try it looks horrible, but if you give it a shot most people do get used to it and are often made believers. Colours are more accurate (skin tones are something to look at, but I've also noticed entire lighting effects are lost if on medium/cold) and overall its all more pleasant to watch as less blue light means less strain and less chance of you having sleeping issues.

• 8 months later...